scotty082865 is offline Junior Member

Intra-articular HGH

All-

I've been injecting my HGH (1.2IUs) intra-articularly for the last 2 months (knees) and have found a very interesting side-effect. The dose is low because it's primarily a replacement dose (anti-aging). But even at that dose the best my IGF-1 levels I would get would be in the 180-220 range.

Since starting the intra-articular injections my IGF-1 has been 380 and 435 respectively (tested every 4 weeks), all on the same 1.2IUs. What's different? Well, for one, the injection site. Not subQ but deep into the knee (25G1.5). Second, in addition to the 1.2IUs I also add another 4IUs of Bacterostatic water into the syringe and inject the whole thing. One constant is the HGH is always SAIZEN.

My doctor and I have a couple of ideas on the whys of this but I'm not sure. First, due to the extra dillution or even because of the injection into the knee capsule, perhaps there is a slower release into the system causing a more prolonged stimulation of IGF-1, or, because prolotherapy is known to stimulate growth factors, that might be what is going on.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I know it's WAY out there but... What I would LOVE to discover is that it's the dilution. That would mean TONS for everyone out there using HGH. But I just can't imagine that is it.

Thanks in advance.

Scotty

Im curious as well about the dillution, as I have been using 2ccs of BW in a 10iu vial of Jintropin instead of 1.

Jessyjack10 is offline Associate Member
    Hey Scotty, why do u inject articularly in the knee, do u have knee problems?
    I've been suffering from cartilage usage on the inner part of my left knee cap for 8 years now. Is it suppose to help injuries?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Dayum a 1.5 inch needle in my knee doesn't sound like something I'd want to do

JohnnyB

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    im sitting here feeling my knee and cant find one spot that i could stick without hitting bone or tendon

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    OMG bro,,, Why???

Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    im sitting here feeling my knee and cant find one spot that i could stick without hitting bone or tendon
    It's right between the knee cap and the actual joint. I use to get lubricant shot in there where there's kind of a little fluid capsule. If done right it doesn't hurt. I remember this doc who did it wrong and it hurt so much he had to give me the garbage so I could throw up in it.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTJUICE007
    Im curious as well about the dillution, as I have been using 2ccs of BW in a 10iu vial of Jintropin instead of 1.
    Have you had a chance to check your IGF-1 levels? I would be intetrested to see what your dosage levels are compared to the IGF-1 levels you are getting. Would also depend on what your levels are normally and when you inject (Morning/Night).

Let us know.

Scotty

asimov is offline Junior Member
    What differences have you felt in your knee since doing these injections? I'm curious because I've long suffered from elbow, shoulder tendonitis (baseball player). I'm on my 6th week of jino and wondering what benefits I might be able to get from similar type injections.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessyjack10
    Hey Scotty, why do u inject articularly in the knee, do u have knee problems?
    I've been suffering from cartilage usage on the inner part of my left knee cap for 8 years now. Is it suppose to help injuries?
    Yes, knee problems. I'm an incurable soccer addict, but age is catching up. I have no ACL in the left knee (but tons of stability due to big hamstring development), and advanced OA (little or no cartilidge). I happened upon some research in looking for an alternative to knee replacements and giving up all active sports (the recommendation of my orthopedic surgeon). I'm just 39 so, too young for that. What I found was prolotherapy. From that, I found new promising research that shows actual cartilige growth when injecting HGH as part of a prolotherapy regiment. My orth is totally against it but, my anti-aging doc turned me on to other research on the topic and I have been self treating for the last few months (my anti-aging doc has not gotten into prolo yet). Considering I already use HGH for anti-aging purposes, why not try it in the knee instead of SubQ.

For your issue (under knee cap) there are a few things you can do. usually that is caused by a mis-allignment of the patella over the grove it's supose to track over. I had the same issue and corrected by training my VMO (lower/inner quad) to track the knee back inside. I woudl think it's you already track too much inside you woudl train the outter part of your quads. Also, my ortho, when inside for some cartilidge trimming, drilled some small holes under the pattella to timulate blood flow. Most painful thing I have ever been trough (from a recover standpoint) but, sure did the trick. Prolotherapy utilized a simular concept. Increase blood flow to an area that normally has poor blood flow.

For your patella, it's "posible" that injectting under the patella might work but, I will not recomend anyone to self treat themselves. I will make my own judgements for myself but, in those instances I pay the price if I screw myself up.

Hope that helps.

Good luck

Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Dayum a 1.5 inch needle in my knee doesn't sound like something I'd want to do

JohnnyB
    Really not that bad. Think about the first time you gave yourself your first AAS shot. Same concept. Once you get past the idea it's pretty straight forward. You just need to be VERY careful about staying sterile. Keeping every surface clean.

From a pain point of view, no big deal. Once you push through the meso layer it's actually less painfull, for me, than an IM injection. Certainly some pain if you want to go pokng around to shoot the various ligiments and such but, I'm not really into that. I just aim to inject into the cartilige.

Scotty

Lol, you're one brave dude. All I think about is how that doc nearly killed me

My knee cap has already been moved by a surgery procedure to place it in a better track.

If u have a web site with more info , it would be highly appriciated. Thanks
    Last edited by Jessyjack10; 11-06-2004 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    Sitting down with your knees flexed (normal 90 degree angle) you can feel the joint space between the femur (upper leg) and tibia (lower leg). You can also feel the soft spot to the right and left of the patella tendon. I will inject into the joint space (1/4 inch space) or in one of these soft spots just to the side of the patella tendon and into the meniscus. Usually medially (inside). Without quesiton you have to inject through the capsular ligament - the ligamentous sac that surrounds the knee - but it comes with the territory.

I have added some images here.

Scotty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Intra-articular HGH-antkneejointopenflexed.jpg   Intra-articular HGH-lateralkneejoint.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    OMG bro,,, Why???
    Cartiledge repair. When I started I had apparently re-torn an area of medial minucus I had trimmed several months before. Of coarse, I was playing soccer too early for my own good, but that had never stopped me before. I started the HGH intra articularly and it has worked wonders for me. I'm back out on the pitch and have very little issues what so ever (beyond being a bit hard core).

Quote Originally Posted by asimov
    What differences have you felt in your knee since doing these injections? I'm curious because I've long suffered from elbow, shoulder tendonitis (baseball player). I'm on my 6th week of jino and wondering what benefits I might be able to get from similar type injections.
    If I were you I would research prolotherapy and find a local doc to help you. It's specifically intended for joint issues like you are talking about. The use of HGH as part of the prolo solutoin is VERY new and cutting edge. No prolotherapy doc in Atlanta that I know does it yet although there are many who treat joint repair issues with prolo. Usually they use a mixture of dextrose (5% solution in sterile water) and lidocane. While I have lidocane and have used it, but I don't see any benifit from it other than numbing, and it can be dangerous to work with. I also have not found where the lidocane actualy is supose to add to the prolo. The concept is to cause minor irritation in the joint causing the body to increase blood flow and thus speed healing. Many baseball players actually have opted for this type of therapy as opposed to surgery.

Hope this helps.

Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by Jessyjack10
    Lol, you're one brave dude. All I think about is how that doc nearly killed me

My knee cap has already been moved by a surgery procedure to place it in a better track.

If u have a web site with more info , it would be highly appriciated. Thanks
    I'll see what I can come up with. As for the doc drilling the holes in my patella, I did not know she was going to do it until after I woke up. Was not pleased especially with the pain but now I know it was a good move. That along with tons of VMO work did the trick for me. In all honesty though, unless something drastic happens to my knees, I will lilely not go back under the knife considering how well the self-treated prolo is workign and how much better I would think real medically supervised prolo would do.

asimov is offline Junior Member
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

Thread Information