BrownBomber is offline Member

Whose going to gain more fat?

I was trying to figure a way to phrase this question but my mind isnt to sharp today. **** low carbs......

Person A: Consumes 50 grams of Whey and 100 grams of dextrose after his workout. W/ NO Insulin .

Person A (On Slin): Consumes 50 grams of Whey and 100 grams of dextrose after his workout. W/ 10 iu's of Humalog.

The 2nd meal he consumes are identical in each case. So who gains more fat?

Thanks
    BB

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Person A (no slin) = Option A
    Person A (slin) = Option B

A) IMO thats too much dextrose PWO, so no doubt some of it could be stored as fat. The 50g of protein is fine

B) The dex intake is fine, but I would change the protein intake from 50g to about 75 - 80g.

You probably have more chance of storing fat in option A. However, if you dont watch your nutrition when on slin then the fat gain can be pretty bad also. Even in option B where you take 100g dex and 10IU slin, you still could be storing some fat as I think a 100g of dex for 10IU maybe a bit too much. IMO, the 10g dex p/1IU slin is just a guideline, and I wouldnt go over 10g dex for 1IU either. I usually take about 6.5 - 7g dex p/1IU. Because your bodys absorption is much better when on slin, I think that option A will bring more fat storage.

Second meal for both option A and B needs some modifying also. The protein intake (50g) is fine for both of the options. However, the 100g of dex for 2nd meal is a bit too much. This also refers for both option A and B.

With all this information, I still think option A has more chance of fat storage before and after meal 2.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    How's 100g of a simple carb to much? If the rule of thumb is 10 grams of simple carbs to 1iu of slin.

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    How's 100g of a simple carb to much? If the rule of thumb is 10 grams of simple carbs to 1iu of slin.

JohnnyB
    I wouldnt say its a rule, its more of a guideline. You dont have to have 10g of carbs for every 1IU of slin. You can certinly have less if you can get away with it. And I think most people do have less then 10g carbs p/1IU slin and feel fine. I just think most people can get away with having a liitle less than 10g carbs p/1IU slin. Its not like you are going to go hypo if you have any less than 10g carbs p/1IU. But everyones is different I suppose. I just think that the carb intake when on slin should be just enough to keep you out of hypo. And 10g of carbs for every 1IU if slin is defenitely very safe, so why not try and have a little less then 10g carbs and decrease the chance of storing fat. That's my theory, but I do respect your view.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I thought that's what rule of thumb meant "guideline" I agree you can get away with it but you need some experiance with slin to know what you can get away with and what you can't. When I post I keep others safety in mind, I don't know if he's used it before or not because he didn't say.

So I hear what you're saying, you need to find what works for you. There's not 1 all inclusive answer here because we all react differently to the drugs we use. So yes you can use less but I'd monitor my BG very closely so I wouldn't go hypo.

JohnnyB

Yeah I totally agree with you. Its good that you always say 10g carbs p/1IU of slin so this way your advice will keep everyone safe, including the in-experinced ones.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    You're both def. right. For the inexperience slin users, 10 IU should be used, when you tone it down, you can experiment. I ended up at 5.5g/iu when I was cutting.

Thread Information