TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member

Slin timing for off days?

I am planning to take tomorrow off because I have hit everything this week so far. I would still like to use slin (humalog) in the morning since my gear has yet to kick in (only week 1) for anticatabolic purposes. Right now I am taking 8iu's with 75g of Dex and 60-70g Pro after my workout. Would this still be the ideal combination even though I will obviously not be working out in the morning before I shoot my slin? Can I substitute something out for my dextrose or leave it in for meal 1 to give my body instant glucose for the insulin to flush into my cells?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Insulin is good in the AM to stave off catabolism. However, because you are taking in the AM without training I think you may be running a more of a risk of storing fat than if you were to take it PWO. When I took it in the AM, I still had my dex but not as much as I did after my PWO shot, and my protein shake approx 15 min later. 1 Hour after that I had something to eat.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Insulin is good in the AM to stave off catabolism. However, because you are taking in the AM without training I think you may be running a more of a risk of storing fat than if you were to take it PWO. When I took it in the AM, I still had my dex but not as much as I did after my PWO shot, and my protein shake approx 15 min later. 1 Hour after that I had something to eat.
    Should I leave my IU's at the same mark and just cut dex like you said or should I also lower IU's? I would think less slin would mean less anticatabolic effect but hell I have been wrong before.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Both ways will work fine. I lowered my slin dose in the AM. I only ever went up to 10IU PWO, and in the AM I never took more then 6IU and about 35g dex. That worked well for me

Thread Information