Magnum II is offline Associate Member

Gensei IGF - residual gel in vials?

Has anyone experienced this same problem? I've been reconstituting 100 mcg vials of Igtropin IGF-1 using .88ml BW & .12ml distilled vinegar (Acetic Acid) as suggested by Red Baron (and others). I'm using 60mcg / day injected bilaterally - PW.

The first draw from the vial works fine but, the next day, when I go to use the remaining 40mcg in the vial, part of it has turned to a gel and is almost impossible to withdraw from the vial. The only way I've been able to do it is to add another .44ml of BW and .06ml of vinegar and remixing before drawing and injecting. I'm going to try doubling the original mixture volume tonight so that I end with 2ml of liquid in the vial (1.76 ml of BW and .24ml of vinegar. I'm hoping that the more dilute mixture will prevent this problem. I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and what you did about it.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    I have not had any problems with mine..are you sure your using BW and not sterile water

Magnum II is offline Associate Member
    Yes, I'm definitely using BW.

I recently cleaned out my frig though and, I now have one-fourth of the stuff I once had in there. My settings may be too low--I'll check them when I get home tonight.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    I had this when using BA so I switched to BW to minimise wastage and just use it up quicker because of the decomposition

Thread Information