Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired

Question When would one become a diabetic?

How much would it take to become diabetic? Do you know anyone that had problems after they have ran insulin ? Im assuming it should not be a problem if the dose does not get high and humalog IM is the way it is administered. And as long as its not for a long period of time. But all of those stories I have heard about people becoming diabetic... where did they come from? Is it a grossly exaggerated problem?

-MS

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    There is no set dosage for anyone that will make them diebetic, or certain period of Insulin use for one to become diebetic. Everyone is different, so it all depends on you. But generally speaking, the chances of you going diebetic from Insulin use for BB purposes are slim. I think for something like that to happen you would really have to take Insulin for an extremly long time. IMO you are fairly safe to use Insulin 4 weeks ON/OFF. I know people that have done 4 weeks ON/OFF for 8 months and had no problems. But then again, everyone is different and everyone reacts differently. I feel fairly confident with the 4 weeks ON/OFF rule.
    Last edited by Gear; 11-30-2004 at 07:01 PM.

Is there anyway to get tested and see if you are develping problems. I mean its not like your going to wake up one day and be a full blown diabetic, im sure it takes time..... any thoughts. thanks again bro

Surely there is a way to get a test done where it will indicate if you are developing issues or not. I think the best thing to do in this situation is speak to your doctor.

IronRuffy is offline Associate Member
    Gear, would you apply that 4 week on/off to someone who would just shoot slin after workouts? And how long could a guy do it like this for? Thanks.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronRuffy
    Gear, would you apply that 4 week on/off to someone who would just shoot slin after workouts? And how long could a guy do it like this for? Thanks.
    yeah, still applies regardless of how many times per day you take it.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    Is there anyway to get tested and see if you are develping problems. I mean its not like your going to wake up one day and be a full blown diabetic, im sure it takes time..... any thoughts. thanks again bro
    you can get you fasting glucose levels ck'd with a regular blood test,i had this done when i started and it came back at 83 and then 12 weeks later when i stopped(yes i ran it pwo for 12 weeks)and it was actually better at 72.i believe when it gets around 100 then your getting into being diabetic

Quote Originally Posted by IronRuffy
    Yes, that applies for everyone regardless how many times per day they are having Insulin . I would usually repeat the 4 weeks ON/OFF theory twice (4 months all together). But like I said in the above post, everyone is different. So one may be able to go for longer without any danger of becoming diebetic. A perfect exapmple is a 12 weeks Insulin/AAS cycle. Go ON for the first 4 weeks, have a break, then go ON for another 4 weeks all the way through PCT and then end it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    you can get you fasting glucose levels ck'd with a regular blood test,i had this done when i started and it came back at 83 and then 12 weeks later when i stopped(yes i ran it pwo for 12 weeks)and it was actually better at 72.i believe when it gets around 100 then your getting into being diabetic
    sweet so there is a test for it... and if my levals became dangerously high I can just stop my usage. I am probally going to stay safe and run 4on 6 off. I will have this check when I go get blood work done. thanks guys!

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    To be honest i think it's a myth. Your pancreas produces insulin 24/7 on control blood sugar so how can say using say 10-20 i.u PWO harm you?

Thread Information