TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member

HGH the culprit of Giambi's Tumors?

Just curious what you guys think about Jason Giambi using HGH and having pituitary gland tumors. We know that GH causes bone and tissue growth so is it safe to say that it also causes cancer cell division at an accellerated rate? Just wondering what everyone thinks or if someone has some information on cancer and GH linkage.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Unlike testosterone therapy is not advised with people who already have cancer cells. HGh did not increase the danger of Prostate cancer which is the leading desease of males above age 40. Test have revealed PSA(prostate specific antigen) are in the range of 10-20's when normal levels are 0.0-4.0. One test in the book I have (grow young with hgh by DR. Ron Klatz) a man who had psa in the 50-60 range was put on HGH (contrary to others advice) and now is at 5-7. The therory is it boost the immune system natural killer cells that some how destroyed the cancer cells. As far as Jason Giambi I don't know the specifics but would speculate he had a preexisting condition and perhaps testosterone accellerated it. I am only guessing.

MacDad22 is offline Junior Member
    HGH would only accelerate his tumor growth not cause it.. I've done a ton of research over the past six months and it's the reason that you should either be doctor administered or at least getting a blood panel tests done every 3 to 6 months to check your prostate PSA, etc..

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDad22
    HGH would only accelerate his tumor growth not cause it.. I've done a ton of research over the past six months and it's the reason that you should either be doctor administered or at least getting a blood panel tests done every 3 to 6 months to check your prostate PSA, etc..
    I dont believe it caused it either but I do wonder if it did accellerate the degree to which it spread.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    IGF is the only substance that will cause cell division,yes igf is a secondary factor with using GH as it produces an increase in IGF in the liver.something like 5-7mcg per iu of GH.but it would have had to be pre existing.most likely it would not have become an issue until later in life for him if he hadnt used GH

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDad22
    HGH would only accelerate his tumor growth not cause it..
    Amen, the kicker is he'll get a script for HGH because of the tumor location, maybe even one for test. that was the first thing they checked when my blood work came back with low test/HGH level

JohnnyB

Thread Information