HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

slin and creatine question...

ok im thinking of starting some slin and creatine because AS is not an option for me anymore but my concern is i'm currently dieting pretty strict and do not want to put on any fat what so ever from the slin, with that being said my concern is that the protein i use contains 3g of fat for every 44g protein serving, and the fat in my chicken breats is the only fat i will be cosuming PWO when the slin would be active!!! will this cause me to store even the slightest bit of unwanted fat??? and also my buddy is doing some creatine right now and actually having some decent gains with it and it actually looks like he's getting more and more ripped so im thinking of trying them both together seeing as the creatine would probably go alot futher with the help of some slin! now what would be the best way to incorperate the 2, times of the day they should be taken other than PWO(that's a given), and how much of both would be suffice? and should slin be taken on off days as well??? some info on this would be greatly appreciated! thanx
    here is my diet to help with my questions!

Meal 1:
    Lean Protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal

Meal 2:
    Protein shake/Lean Protein (2 tbsp flax

Meal 3:
    Veggies, Lean Protein

Workout

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition

Meal 5:
    Veggies, Lean Protein, 1/2 cup rice or oatmeal.

Meal 6:
    Egg whites with Flax
    Last edited by crosby7117; 12-07-2004 at 01:35 AM.

statuZ is offline Banned
    you need some fat in your diet man, if you dont have any omega 3 fats that will cuase you to get fat. (something along those lines) dont quote me but thats what ive read.

Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    you need some fat in your diet man, if you dont have any omega 3 fats that will cuase you to get fat. (something along those lines) dont quote me but thats what ive read.
    well ya i do have fat sorry i have flax seed and olive oil when my blood sugar levels are low like 3 hours after my carbs and with my last meal! sorry bout that ill edit my post and put my diet up there!
    Last edited by crosby7117; 12-07-2004 at 01:36 AM.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    When one uses slin, no matter what it is they consume while slin is active, wether its carbs, fat or protein, the chances of their body absorbing it are high. But a few grams of unwanted fats in your diet stored by the body is fine. Also, creatine is a great supplment to take especially when using Insulin . Insulin will force it right into your muscle cells. Take about 5g - 10g PWO, no more is needed. You might want to add some glutamine as well at about 5g - 10g, PWO. Just mix the two together, and have it immidietly after your slin shot. I dont know if creatine is a good supplment to use if you are trying to lean up as it may make you retain a bit of water. Most weight gained from creatine is water weight. But your chances of putting weight on with creatine are a lot higher than if you were not to use it. I would use creatine in the AM, PWO and before bed.

As for your diet, post it in the diet forum and someone more knowledgable than me will help you out. However, I do know that you defenitely need EFAs. Good luck.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 12-07-2004 at 09:13 AM.

I forgot to mention that slin use in the AM can be beneficial to stave off catabolsim. However, I do not ever do this as using slin in the AM makes the risks of storing fat a lot higher. So I only stick to PWO. And especially if you are trying to cut up, I would defenitely stick to PWO only, just to be safe. My advice to you, if you want to cut up is, use slin PWO only.

-Gear

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    That 5th meal need more carbs because of the slin, you need to do some more reseach before stating

JohnnyB

well what ill do is ill make the call about how much to take according to how i feel because i am dieting and dont want to take in too many carbs! this a good idea or no?

Quote Originally Posted by crosby7117
    well what ill do is ill make the call about how much to take according to how i feel because i am dieting and dont want to take in too many carbs! this a good idea or no?
    I dont want to lead you down the "dangerous track", but that's defenitely a good idea if you are trying to lean up. At the same time though, it's also very risky too, so be carefull. Best thing to do is have some glucose tabs on hand incase hypo symptoms start to occur. However, I do agree with JB about the 5th meal thing. All the best.

-Gear

yup already have some tabs! thanks for the info guys!

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    But you still need carbs for that PWO meal! glucose tabs will not suffice! They are used to help you get out of hypo...

yes i know i mentioned pwo meaning dextrose and alittle after rice or oats!

with all that said do you think there is a chance i will be putting on too much fat with the amount of fat in my shakes and chicken? allso should slin be taken on off days too?

Its hard to have a diet or a meal that consists of 0g fat. In your case, your diet does not contain too much fat so I wouldn't worry too much. The amount of fat in your diet defenitely wont make any visual difference. Don't worry about taking Insulin on OFF days. Just stick to to PWO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Its hard to have a diet or a meal that consists of 0g fat. In your case, your diet does not contain too much fat so I wouldn't worry too much. The amount of fat in your diet defenitely wont make any visual difference. Don't worry about taking Insulin on OFF days. Just stick to to PWO.
    ok now my split is 2 on 1 off is the amount of off days going to affect the the gains i have with insulin ??? is so then shouldi have less off days? also are you still agreeing with creatine when cutting? after all i could use all the help i could get!

Personally, just to be safe, I woudn't use creatine if you are trying to get ripped. Like I said in one of my above posts, most weight gained by creatine is water weight. And water weight is the last thing you want if you are trying to look shreded. You want the tight skin look, and creatine will not give you that sort of image. Otherwise, creatine is and excellent supplment to use especially when on slin. Your OFF days wont effect your gains.

-Gear

Personally, just to be safe, I woudn't use creatine if you are trying to get ripped. Like I said in one of my above posts, most weight gained by creatine is water weight. And water weight is the last thing you want if you are trying to look shreded. You want the tight skin look, and creatine will not give you that sort of image. Otherwise, creatine is and excellent supplment to use especially when on slin. Your OFF days wont effect your gains.

-Gear
    will i see any of the blaoting in my face at all with creatine because that is my main concern i could always just drop the water a week before my deadline...? but if it does pose a problem in the long run then i obvioulsy wont use it...?

Its hard to say if the water retention will be visible in your face. Everyone is different, and everyone reacts differently. I never get water retention in my face from using creatine regardless if I use it with Insulin or not. With me, the only time water retention becomes visible in my face is when I use test. Water retention usually doesnt create a problem in the long run because as soon as you stop using whatever is causing water retention, thats when the bloated look starts to dissapear. "drop the water a week before my deadline"?. Are you preparing for a BB contest? If so, then creatine wont really do you any good if you are preparing for a comp.

-Gear

Its hard to say if the water retention will be visible in your face. Everyone is different, and everyone reacts differently. I never get water retention in my face from using creatine regardless if I use it with Insulin or not. With me, the only time water retention becomes visible in my face is when I use test. Water retention usually doesnt create a problem in the long run because as soon as you stop using whatever is causing water retention, thats when the bloated look starts to dissapear. "drop the water a week before my deadline"?. Are you preparing for a BB contest? If so, then creatine wont really do you any good if you are preparing for a comp.

-Gear
    nope im goin to cancun in march! im just looking at all my options i have other than AS because i cant take any of that anymore so i'm trying to find out what would help me keep as much muscle as i can dieting natural!

Ahh, cancun, sounds good. Ok well considering you are not preparing for a contest like I thought you were, if I was you now, I would take creatine. I dont think think that you will get that bloated look just from creatine, but everyone is different so I dont know. Worst case scenario, if you start getting puffy cheeks etc, just drop the creatine but I doubt you will. I only doubt you will get puffed from creatine because I dont know many people that get that bloated look just from using creatine. The bloated look comes mostly from test. Go ahead and take it I say. Good luck.

-Gear

Ahh, cancun, sounds good. Ok well considering you are not preparing for a contest like I thought you were, if I was you now, I would take creatine. I dont think think that you will get that bloated look just from creatine, but everyone is different so I dont know. Worst case scenario, if you start getting puffy cheeks etc, just drop the creatine but I doubt you will. I only doubt you will get puffed from creatine because I dont know many people that get that bloated look just from using creatine. The bloated look comes mostly from test. Go ahead and take it I say. Good luck.

-Gear
    thanks alot bro the only reason i asked about the face is because i get bloated really easily from AS and i want the chisled face back thats one reason im done with AS! gotta look good for march break! but all in all the fat ill post workout in the shakes and chicken shouldnt be enough to store fat right!

Not a problem, anytime. I am no nutrition expert, but I think I can still help you out. IMO, you dont have to worry about the fats in your diet, there is hardly any, and most of the fat in your diet are the good fats. If some fat does get stored, because your fats are at minimum, it defenitely wont be visible. You got nothing to worry about on those side of things. Good luck, and hope you get laid at cancun, and I bet you will

-Gear

i was also thinking about taking 2weeks clen and then 2weeks ECA stack but i pulled this from a post and would like another opinion! thanks

This may look like an ideal combination at first, but research has shown why my muscle gains with this combo were minimal. Clen reduces insulin sensitivity, which means that insulin will have a much harder time doing its' anabolic job on muscle tissue. In addition to storing amino acids as muscle, insulin also stores carbs in muscle (which gives a very "full" look to the muscles), which reduced insulin sensitivity also hinders. This is also combined with the fact that clen reduces Glut-4 transporters (which allow glucose passage, and subsequent storage, into muscle) in skeletal muscle which probably accounts for clens' ability to reduce muscle glycogen concentration.

Thread Information