bigcut77 is offline Associate Member

IGF premade, not in powder form?

Found a site that sells LR3 IGF premade and not in powder form. The site is reputable but I was under the impression that it came in powder and had to be mixed at home. Any info on this would be appreciated. By the way the product is shipped on ice.

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    I got mine premade by MR. It was shipped cold on ice and it's legit.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcut77
    Found a site that sells LR3 IGF premade and not in powder form. The site is reputable but I was under the impression that it came in powder and had to be mixed at home. Any info on this would be appreciated. By the way the product is shipped on ice.

Thanks for the info. Is there anything special that needs to be done to the premade form before injecting. Any specials instructions or advice would be helpful.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    i wouldnt use it,there have been conflicting reports on the results from using MR igf....everything you will ever read on igf says it is a very fragile substance and will not last too long once reconstituted,,,personally i wouldnt chance it when you can get the real thing for about $25 more...its your dime though bro

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    They do offer the powder as well.

Thanks for the info DEVLDOG. I will look into that. Cant seem to locate the powder. Every where I go it is premade.
    Last edited by bigcut77; 12-10-2004 at 04:13 PM.

Thanks Bryan2 I did not notice that but I see it now. Excellent avatar by the way.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    it'll last up to 2 year reconstituted, this is LR3 IGF-1 not rIGF-1 make sure you're getting the LR3 version. I'll look for an intruction sheet and post it.

JohnnyB

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Long™R3IGF-I
    Recombinant analog of human insulin growth factor-I
    CATALOG NO. 85580

Description

Long™R3IGF-I is a recombinant analog of human insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) that has been specifically engineered for the enhancement of cell culture performance. Long™R3IGF-I is more biologically potent in vitro than either insulin or native IGF-I and has been documented to
    significantly increase recombinant protein production. It is ideal for both research and large-scale culture systems utilizing serum-free or low-level serum applications. Long™R3IGF-I is effective in any cell that contains type I IGF receptors, including most Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) lines, hybridomas and fibroblasts. Long™R3IGF-I is produced in a patented E. coli expression system without the use of animal-derived components.

Precautions

This product is for research/laboratory use. THIS PRODUCT
    IS NOT INTENDED FOR HUMAN OR THERAPEUTIC USE.

Storage

Long™R3IGF-I in lyophilized form should be stored at 2 to 8 C and is stable for at least 3 years. Liquid solutions of Long™R3IGF-I (prepared as described below) can be stored at 2 to 8 C and are stable for at least 2 years.

Preparation Instructions

1. Long™R3IGF-I is supplied lyophilized in an atmosphere of nitrogen at a slight vacuum (-25 kPa). Remove the metal cap from the glass vial and introduce an air filled syringe
    through the septum to equalize the pressure.

2. Add sufficient 10 mM HCl or 100 mM acetic acid solution to the vial to achieve a peptide concentration of at least 0.1 mg/mL. Concentrations of 1 mg/mL or more are recommended.

3. Mix the solution thoroughly to insure the peptide is completely dissolved.

4. Filtration of a Long™R3IGF-I solution or a culture medium after the addition of Long™R3IGF-I should be performed using a low protein-binding membrane such as Polyvinyl Idene Flouride (PVDF), Poly Ethylene Sulfite (PES) or Cellulose Acetate (CA).

Methods for Use

Once Long™R3IGF-I has been reconstituted, it can then be added directly to cell culture medium. A titration of Long™R3IGF-I should be performed for each different application as the optimum concentration may vary depending upon the cell type used and other components present in the medium. The recommended final concentration range of Long™R3IGF-I is 10 to 50 µg/L (or ng/mL). Because Long™R3IGF-I and insulin may compete for the same cell receptors, the effectiveness of Long™R3IGF-I will be masked if it is added in conjunction with commonly employed concentrations of insulin (1 to 10 mg/L). However, inclusion of physiological levels of insulin (5 to 10 µg/L) in cell culture medium containing the recommended levels of
    Long™R3IGF-I results in beneficial synergistic effects in certain applications.

Characteristics

Appearance
    White powder

Molecular weight
    9110 ± 2 daltons (Mass spectroscopy)

Endotoxin
    < 0.1 EU/µg

Biological Activity
    ED50 < 10 ng/mL (Bioassay assessing the stimulation of
    protein synthesis in L6 myoblasts)

Identity/Consistency
    Confirmed by N-terminal sequence analysis and HPLC

References
    1. Francis, G., et al. J. Mol. Endocrinol. (1992) 8:213.
    2. Thomas, J., Fung, V. Animal Cell Technology: Products of
    Today, Prospects for Tomorrow (1993) 91.
    3. Morris, A., Schmid, J. Biotechnol. Prog. (2000) 16:693.

JohnnyB

slowpain is offline Associate Member
    I also got mine already mixed from MR and can tell you it still makes me very tired after injections and im losing bodyfat like crazy.

Thanks Johnny

bigjohnr is offline Associate Member
    How much are you loosing to take off the bodyfat and how long did it take?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slowpain
    I also got mine already mixed from MR and can tell you it still makes me very tired after injections and im losing bodyfat like crazy.

Thread Information