Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired

Question BG levals what do I need to know with slin?

I keep hearing get BG meter if you run slin, that way you know.... know what?
    I fasted the other day and got a 72mg/dl reading. So do I not want to go lower than that when I am using insulin ?

Also I looked at einys IM injections thread with the BG table.... Basically at 2 hours it levels off... is that what I want to look for?

Also what is the benifit of R-ALA... I searched but its not very clear to me.
    On einys thread, the BG didnt go as high with R-ala..... what does that mean?

I need all of the info I can get. I dont mind checking my BG as I can check it on my forarms...

-MS

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    I keep hearing get BG meter if you run slin, that way you know.... know what?
    I fasted the other day and got a 72mg/dl reading. So do I not want to go lower than that when I am using insulin ?

Also I looked at einys IM injections thread with the BG table.... Basically at 2 hours it levels off... is that what I want to look for?

Also what is the benifit of R-ALA... I searched but its not very clear to me.
    On einys thread, the BG didnt go as high with R-ala..... what does that mean?

I need all of the info I can get. I dont mind checking my BG as I can check it on my forarms...

-MS
    personally i dont and never have ck'd my bg levels other then routine bloodwork.if you start out at say 5ius and work your way up and take the proper nutrients you should be more then fine,i always keep glucose tabs on hand just incase i get stuck in traffic on the ride home from the gym.you will know when you need some sugar,it wont be as immediate as everything you read will have you believe.but you do need to know what you are doing and be prepared for it or you can get yourself into trouble.
    R-ALA i believe is nothing more then a sup to increase insulin sensitivity.like any other OTC sup,i dont put much weight into its claims.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    R-ALA i believe is nothing more then a sup to increase insulin sensitivity.like any other OTC sup,i dont put much weight into its claims.
    True, but did you compare the two graphs? It is a big difference... I still dont unsderstand them though...

Thanks for the info as always bro!

True, but did you compare the two graphs? It is a big difference... I still dont unsderstand them though...

Thanks for the info as always bro!
    graphs ?? i dont think i did.

btw..my bg was 74 when i last got a boodtest about 4 weeks ago,this after 10 weeks of slin..it was 87 before.so if anything it got better,i believe once you get into the 100's your headed in the wrong direction

Here is the thread that I am reffering too The two graphs are in there

87 before the 10 weeks of slin, or before the 4 week break? Meaning that it was right after your 10 weeks of slin?

Here is the thread that I am reffering too The two graphs are in there

87 before the 10 weeks of slin, or before the 4 week break? Meaning that it was right after your 10 weeks of slin?
    87 before the 10 weeks of slin

87 before the 10 weeks of slin
    what the hell? It lowerd after you got done with slin? But your 87 value wasnt too high? whats the norm BG level?

what the hell? It lowerd after you got done with slin? But your 87 value wasnt too high? whats the norm BG level?
    i dont know that there is a "normal" but your right 87 isnt too high.so i guess all the nonsense about slin causing diabetes is just that.i went the other way

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    a BG monitor will be necessary if you want to dial in and fine tune your carb intake to the lowest possible range without going hypo. Maybe thats why ppl say you need one.

So is everyone different when they feel hypo? Or is it in some range?

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    So is everyone different when they feel hypo? Or is it in some range?
    I would say that everyone has different ranges for hypo, so yes they would feel it @ different levels.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Levels between 75mg/dL - 120mg/dl is fine. Anywhere outside that range is when I would start to worry. Also, everyone is different so if both of our BG levels are at 80 it doesnt necessaraly mean we would feel the same. Some people are more sensetive than others.

-Gear

so that being said.... my fasting number was 72mg/dl.... How much lower do I need to start to worry about it?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I'll add the 70-120 range is 2 hours after eating, with slin you want to check your BG to make sure where you are so you don't go hypo.

JohnnyB

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    i dont know that there is a "normal" but your right 87 isnt too high.so i guess all the nonsense about slin causing diabetes is just that.i went the other way
    Bro it seem like you have no idea of how BG monitoring works. You don't monitor them weekly or monthly, they flucuate all the time and eating causes it to go up. Then as your natural slin releases it shuttles the glucose into cells, then your BG levels go down. Now with slin it happens faster then it would naturally, that's why you need to eat a meal with simple carbs/protein and no fat 1 hour after your post w/o shake.

I glad you didn't have problem using slin with the knowledge you have ot BG, you could of went into a coma.

JohnnyB

Thread Information