FireFighterMuscle is offline New Member

Insulin sub-q inj

Anyone have a step-by-step guide to injecting slin sub-q? I have read one on BB.com but it was very confusing for me. Im not familiar with injections and would prefer if one had a pictoral guide. (This includes taking the pin and taking the slin out of hte vial and such, from the start). Also, 2 inches from the belly button in every direction correct?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    You have a Insulin syringe, and you have a Insulin bottle. On the syringe, there is a plastic bit on top of the needle that covers it, take it off. Stick the needle in the bottle. Turn the bottle upsidedown while the needle is still in the bottle, and draw back however many IUs desired. Once you have drawn out the Insulin from the bottle into the syringe, tip the the bottle back the way it normaly sits. Take the needle out. Now simply grab some fat around the belly area and push the needle all the way into the fat. Once all the way in, inject. Take the needle out of the fat, put the plastic bit back on top of the needle that you took off in the first place, and dispose the syringe in a syringe disposal unit. The 2 inches below the belly theory isnt something you have to follow. You simply inject anywhere you can grab fat. But the only reason why people say 2 inches below the belly is because most people have fat you can inject into 2 inches below the belly, so that rule would apply for a majority of people. Good luck

-Gear

Thank you very much Gear. I remember reading sumthing about pulling the plunger back and filling the syringe with air to the amount of IU's your injecting and then injecting the air into the bottle?

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah that will keep optimal pressure inside the bottle.

If there is air bubbles in the syringe , is that when you flick the barrel to get them to the top and then push the plunger a bit to get it out? Im slowly getting the hang of this, sorry if im an annoying newb.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFighterMuscle
    If there is air bubbles in the syringe , is that when you flick the barrel to get them to the top and then push the plunger a bit to get it out? Im slowly getting the hang of this, sorry if im an annoying newb.
    That's excatly right, couldn't have said it any better. Good luck

-Gear

Also, After i inject, 5 mins later i will be taking a protein shake. I will only be injecting on workout days. 3 days a week, any problem with this or should i go to 5 days a week? For my shake, for the first workout i will be doing 2IU's, therefore i was thinking about using 40g Dex, 40g whey. Powerade(due to malto ingrediants) and glucosetabs on hand. Should i have another shake of around 80g carb, 50g protein around 30-40 mins after this or just a meal? Im hurting on the meals due to living with family members who dont eat right, should i invest in a low fat MRP or just have another protein shake and then a meal 30 mins after the second shake?

Creatine , Should i incorporate it? Should i take Whey + Dex + Creatine all in the same shake or them seperate? I ask this because i read conflicting articles stating you should take your carb drink right after injection, then ur protein drink 30 mins after the carb drink. I thought the carbs + whey + creatine/glut all in the same shake would work well.

Thank you for all your help
    Last edited by FireFighterMuscle; 12-12-2004 at 04:57 PM.

3 days PWO is fine. You should take dex/glutamine/creatine 3 - 5min post injection followed by a protein shake approx 15 min later. And as for your dex intake, its actually about 10g carbs p/1IU slin, so if you are going to start of with 2IU like you stated then you dont need to have anymore then 20g dex. 10g carbs p/1IU of slin is just a fairly safe guideline for everyone, some people take even less than 10g carbs p/1IU to decrease the chances of excess being stored as fat. But I would not recomend this to someone that is starting of with Insulin , so in your case, your best of using 10g carbs p/1IU, and then when you start getting more familiar with Insulin you can decide for yourself by experimenting if your body will allow you to take any less than 10g carbs p/1IU. Your protein intake should be around 75g mark regardless the dose of Insulin. Its good to take a bit more extra protein when on Insulin as that extra nutrition that your body doesnt usually intake will be forced into your muscle cells by Insulin. So like I said, 75g of protein 15 min later sounds good. Glucose tabs on hand is a good idea or any other carbohydrate drink with no fat is fine also. After your protein shake I would have a solid meal approx 1.25hrs later that consists of about 50g protein, 50g carbs, and no fats or minimum fats at least. Its best you cook yourself your own dinner if your family isnt into healthy low fat foods. As for your supplment intake post injection, it should look something like this; Dextrose 3 - 5 min post injection (20g if using 2IU), 15 minutes later have glutamine and creatine (5 - 10g each), protein shake 15 min later (75g). There is no need to take all your supplments together at same time (even though some people do) as glutamine already exists in the protein shake. So 15 minutes seperation time between then protein and the gluta/dex/creatine is fine. Hope all goes well for you and good luck. For your own good, type in "Insulin" in the research tab up the top and a lot of info will come up that will help you.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 12-12-2004 at 09:35 PM.

Thank you very much Gear, very much. You have helped me answer alot of questions and get my cycle plan down pat. I have just requested that my family start eating major amounts of Chicken, Steak, and fish instead of hotdogs and pizza and such. They agreed, and we had steak tonight . But i will do what u said and look through all the insulin threads, get to be an expert on it. I hope if i have more questions u can help me answer them, but thanks again for all ur help. Any advice on how to purchase insulin if u dont have any form of ID stating ur over 18? I was thinking on having sum1 else write on a piece of paper what i need and then go into the pharamcy and act dumb, say my sick gmother sent me. sound good or do u have other suggestions?

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    why dont you have an id? are you really not born in 78?
    there are ways of getting humalog...
    also read enough to where you can answer the majority of your own questions... once you have read a lot then ask.... this stuff is serious so take it that way. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    why dont you have an id? are you really not born in 78?
    there are ways of getting humalog...
    also read enough to where you can answer the majority of your own questions... once you have read a lot then ask.... this stuff is serious so take it that way. good luck
    Yes I realize it is serious, that is why im asking questions and researching it 24/7. I always learned that its better to ask questions then guess. Some threads and posts just dont have answers to my specific questions. My only concern right now is purchasing Humulin-R at a pharmacy in USA, pennsylvania more precisely. Without ID, will I be able to get this? The reason i dont have ID is because I left my wallet in my pants when i went into a Flashover Training session which peaks at around 800 degrees inside the structure and it melted, i havent got my new one yet and i look young.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFighterMuscle
    Thank you very much Gear, very much. You have helped me answer alot of questions and get my cycle plan down pat. I have just requested that my family start eating major amounts of Chicken, Steak, and fish instead of hotdogs and pizza and such. They agreed, and we had steak tonight . But i will do what u said and look through all the insulin threads, get to be an expert on it. I hope if i have more questions u can help me answer them, but thanks again for all ur help. Any advice on how to purchase insulin if u dont have any form of ID stating ur over 18? I was thinking on having sum1 else write on a piece of paper what i need and then go into the pharamcy and act dumb, say my sick gmother sent me. sound good or do u have other suggestions?
    Not a problem, anytime. I am always very happy to answer anything that is not beyond my knowledge. Good to hear that your family was ok with substituting pizza/hotdogs with steak/chicken. Not will it make their lifes healthier, but it will help you achive your goals a lot easier too. As for purchasing Insulin , well I am not from where you are from therefore I do not know your laws regards to buying prescribed/non-prescribed medicine, so thats something that I canot answer. But I am sure there is a few other ways of getting Insulin without an ID. If worst comes to worst, well your just going to have to get a new ID. Good luck.

-Gear

Thread Information