slowpain is offline Associate Member

Help with diabetic friend

My training partner is a type II diabetic and 29 years old, right now to control his hyperglycemia he is taking glyburide 5mg and metformin 500mg 2X per day oral and around 12 units of novolog PWO along with 10units of lantis before bed. Now he has been doing this everyday and trying to keep his diet in check, he has been eating about 50g complex carbs a meal at work and by the time he is ready to workout his BG is still over 200. He is also taking 500mg test enan/week.

He has realy bad insulin resistance it looks like but he is not taking anything for his insulin sensitivity, what do you guys think about him taking 200mg R-ALA before each meal for his insulin sensitivity?
    The goal here is too get his blood sugar into normal range before workouts.

He checks his blood sugar when he gets to the gym 15 min after he consumes 20g of protein no carbs, the protein isnt going to spike BG is it? Anyway his BG is still around 150 when he is done with his workout.

The goal of the test enanthate is too help him cut up alittle but add some strength and mass at the same time, he is deffinately getting stronger, and this is his first cycle.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    R-ala can help sensetivity "to an extent", but I am not sure if that will help him as his BG is extremly high, and even PWO his BG is still very high.

-Gear

maybe he should just inject novolog 2-3 times a day instead of 1, i told him he should look into some insulin like novolin that has a longer working life for during the day, but he said his doctor said his diabetes wasnt that bad. If it was me I would just shoot the short acting novolog 3 times a day. I know the lantis he takes lasts 24 hours.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Taking Insulin for BB purposes as a non diebetic is easy, as you can take it at anytime you want (except prior bed time), and at any dose (to an extent). But being a diebetic and taking Insulin is totally different as debetics have their specific doses they must follow at certain times of the day. I belive they take the long acting Insulin before bed time, and quiker acting ones during the day. So its not really a good idea telling him how much he should take and at what time of the day, as that can interfere with his prescribed doses/time(s) which could lead him to a more of a unhealthier state. Diebetics must follow directions given by their doctor.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 02-17-2005 at 10:29 AM.

notus is offline Member
    I am not a docter but I know there is a drug made for diabetics called pioglit which makes people more sensitive to insulin . I asked about it on this forum and did not get much of a response. I know very little about. He should ask his docter.

yea his doctor dosnt seem to be much help, he has methods he is set on and methods he wont try it seems, but the idiot didnt even show him how to aspirate when injecting the lantis and thats a big no no I did a search on yahoo and it can be dangerous, took one diabetic from 180 to 30 in half an hour from injecting into a vein. All the things my friend told me about his doc just makes me think he dosnt know what he is doing, I told him to find a new one.

trustxme is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpain
    yea his doctor dosnt seem to be much help, he has methods he is set on and methods he wont try it seems, but the idiot didnt even show him how to aspirate when injecting the lantis and thats a big no no I did a search on yahoo and it can be dangerous, took one diabetic from 180 to 30 in half an hour from injecting into a vein. All the things my friend told me about his doc just makes me think he dosnt know what he is doing, I told him to find a new one.

Not sure about the Yahoo research... I've been a type 1 diabetic for 3 years now and currently use lantis and humalog. In my 1.5 years of using lantis ive never aspirated and my blood sugar has never dropped 150 pts in a half hour (on lantis alone). Maybe ive just been lucky the 500 or so times ive injected

Thread Information