frank_frank is offline Senior Member

realistic HGH goals?

recently, ive read a few threads talking about how some people were dissapointed with HGH.. well i havent started yet, but will jan. 2nd and i dont know if i am as excited as i was before.. i mean, i am NOT looking for hgh to make me 30 lbs heavier and to make me lose 10% bf, but i am looking to gain about 8-10lbs and lose maybe 3-4% in an extended period of time..not 4 weeks... well I dont know if what im hoping to gain is realistic after reading some of these threads..

i will only be running hgh (there r reasons for this)

my question is :
    can i still have hope and go through with this? in other words, are my goals realistic or not? once again the goals were gaining 8-10lbs and losing 3-4% body fat...

thanks and merry christmas

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I know there has been a few threads recently about unsuccessfull gH use, but dont let that let you down and make you not be excited about you gH cycle. Everyone is different. So you wont know till you try. Some actually really like it, some don't. Also, I dont think you really need gH if you are after only 8 -10lbs. Losing the BF while gaining weight is the hard part though. Merry Christmas to you too, hope all goes well.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 12-25-2004 at 09:39 PM.

Latimus is offline Banned
    your goals dont seem unreasonable for any compound...let alone gh, or even natural bb

dale is offline Associate Member
    i'm 35 yrs old and weigh 210lbs w/about 18% BF. i'm wanting to start some jin real soon and have the same concerns. i would like to lose at least 8-10% BF and gain a few pounds of LBM with the help of some test. i have concerns about the test so i'll be only using about 200-300 mg's (i'm SCARED of the acne sides). i'll be doing a fairly strict diet and doing some cardio to help with the BF loss. does this sound reasonable?

Stout1 is offline Banned
    Frank, how long you running it for?

bigjohnr is offline Associate Member
    Guys, RedBaron is right. I am 44 and have been on HGH for 6 months. My weight is close to the same, lost about 8 lbs. I went from 240 to low 230's but my waiste has gone down a lot and I am more muscular. Plus my diet has not been perfect but I am still getting leaner. It happens so slowly that it is hard to notice. I am looking long term with the HGH and I think if you look for the modest gains you mention you will be pleased.

odrorir is offline Associate Member
    Remember that fake HGH is pretty common out there these days. Some people not getting results are probably shooting HCG , or maybe even something worse. Another thing to consider is that until late 20', maybe even early 30's, a person will not see the same results with HGH that older people will.

If you diet and training are decent, those goals seem very reasonable. 200-300mg of Test a week is also fine, as an avg male produces abotu 7mg a day, or about 50mg a week.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    frank_frank, dale -

Your expectations seem reasonable enough. An HGH cycle is going to help you with some modest lean muscle gains and some fat loss. The threads you hear about gaining 20-30 pounds in a short amount of time are NOT what you are going to get from HGH ... unless you end up shooting 20IU's a day from day one and end up causing EXTREME bloat carrying 20 pound of water weight!!! The flip side to this is that something else is amiss when you read threads about people not making ANY progress with a cycle including HGH. The best suggestion if you find yourself a few months in minus ANY progress would be to get a blood workup and check your hormone levels, etc. I would strongly suspect something is out of whack if no progress, or something is wrong with the HGH/gear. Beyond those possibilities, you should make some reasonable progress.

For the most part a HGH cycle will help you change body composition without a big change in the scale. You will usually notice little movement in your weight, but you will notice that you are getting leaner and bigger. It is a slow, steady process and not one that you will notice an enormous change overnight. Dale, using HGH with a few hundred mg of test will be sufficient to give you some decent results.

If you go into an HGH cycle with the expectations that you guys have, I think you will be pleased with the results. If on the other hand you buy into the hype that HGH is the panacea for all bodybuilding woes and will somehow turn you into a 7 foot, 400 pound, 2% bodyfat person with incredible immunity and great skin overnight, all the while having a diet consisting of 12 cases of twinkies and ho-ho's a day ... you will be EXTREMELY dissapointed. It does help many of your body's systems, and will help you with some modest gains ... but the progress is slow and steady, and you do need to pay reasonable attention to your diet.

Best of luck. Keep us posted on how you progress.
    you know you always have very educated,long,descriptive,post I just wanted to thank you, you have helped me to...
    Thanks

dale is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K$I$N$G$P$I$N
    you know you always have very educated,long,descriptive,post I just wanted to thank you, you have helped me to...
    Thanks

AMEN BROTHER

Gettin'Old is offline Associate Member
    RedBaron wrote: "The best suggestion if you find yourself a few months in minus ANY progress would be to get a blood workup and check your hormone levels, etc. I would strongly suspect something is out of whack if no progress, or something is wrong with the HGH/gear. Beyond those possibilities, you should make some reasonable progress."

RB, what should one be looking for in the blood tests?

frank_frank is offline Senior Member
    hey
    thanks a lot to everyone !!

IRONATE is offline New Member
    Listen to red baron on this. He know's what he's talking about. I've done GH a few times and to get the most out of it it I took test/t3/and a little insulin with it the second time and got great results. I know if those other hormones are off when you take GH, you won't get the most out of it.Correct me if I'm wrong Red Baron but doing sauce will increase the SIZE of the muscle fibers/cells you have. GH will increase the NUMBER of fibers/cells you have. That's why the gains are different than an AAS cycle.I'm more than happy to help anyone if they have any questions.

Thread Information