9000rpm is offline Member

HGH as a growth spurt extender?

I am 5'5" and 26 years old, so this really doesn't apply to me, and I'm totally fine with my hight anyway. But I remember when I was a kid, our family doctor said that my parents could put me on HGH when my growth spurts hit in puberty, thus extending the growth spurts and can increase height by 6" or more over 3 to 4 years of use.

When the option was given to my parents, the cost of one year of HGH was upwards of $100,000. I know HGH is way cheaper than that and I'm curious if this is some different kind of HGH?

The main reason I'm asking is because if I see that my kids will be as short as I am, I may think about doing this for them since I'll be able to afford it, when my parents couldn't.

Thanks for any info guys.

frank_frank is offline Senior Member
    i believe it was the same HGH as it is now..not positive though, but if it is different, it will be only a little different, but work the same
    well like u said, HGH is a lot cheaper now and maybe even your insurance company can cover it

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Same stuff probably Eli-Lilly Humatrope 5-10k dollars per month was normal..

MER
    MER is offline Member
    I had the same thing when I was younger. But the doctor kept saying it's in my genes because my mother was short. Funny thing is all my mothers brothers are 6"2 or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Same stuff probably Eli-Lilly Humatrope 5-10k dollars per month was normal..
    Is it just way cheaper now because it is mass produced? Or are there more companies making it now?

Quote Originally Posted by MER
    I had the same thing when I was younger. But the doctor kept saying it's in my genes because my mother was short. Funny thing is all my mothers brothers are 6"2 or higher.
    It was definetely in my genes. My mom is like 4'11", but my dad is normal, he's about 5'9". But the doc said that anyone could do it if they were simply shorter than average for their age prior to puberty.

Me, I'm 5'5" 180lbs, and I'm totally content with it. Actually, when buddies try to crack jokes on me about my height, I really don't know how to respond, because it doesn't mean anything to me at all. I just have this confused look like, "is that all you have to say?"

Well, also seeing that I can squat 485lbs and bench 295lbs juice free. While juicing, my best on squat was 540lbs and 300lb bench, (and this was a low dose cycle, 250mg test per week) That usually shuts them up pretty quick. I wouldn't mind being about 2 to 3 inches taller, I really I don't give a $hit either way. But my reply to all short jokes are, "Would you like to take this arguement to the squat rack?"
    Last edited by 9000rpm; 01-03-2005 at 05:14 PM.

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 9000rpm
    Is it just way cheaper now because it is mass produced? Or are there more companies making it now?

i think its a lot cheaper now because they can make it synthetic
    these days.
    before that they only could get it out of the hypofiese of people who just died.

Thread Information