Thread: GH from a DOC

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET

GH from a DOC

mY insurance plan covers GH about 7 different types including Humatrope.i want to ask my doc for a script but before i do i have a couple of questions.first let me say i believe he will do it if he can,he hooks me up with anything else i have evr asked for...not roids but narcs,muscle relaxers,sleeping pills and things like that.anyway

can a regular doc write a script for GH?

what dosage should be put on the script,as far as iu's per day or whatever?

and how long should the long term script be written for?

i just want to have some answers for him if he asks,im thinking hr dont get too many people asking for GH,he mainly deals with workers comp,auto accidents and things like that,

thanks

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Most doc's I think are clueless when it comes to test or HGH. But I believe he can still write the script but may choose not to. Better bet is a anti-aging or endo.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    Depends on what kind of insurance plan you have. If it is an HMO, your doc is going to be stuck with a protocol he has to follow before he would ever be able to prescribe something as expensive as GH, and it would most likely include a trip to an endo and a whole bunch of lower cost treatments before they would ever give you a prescription. If you have a PPO, the doc will have more freedom and will only need to make a case for his prescribing it (ie-bloodwork results showing low IGF, symptoms of low GH, etc.).

The dosage that a prescription GH for an adult would usually be about 1.5 to 2.0 IU's a day. If he can make a case for adult GH deficiency, you should be able to get a scrip for life basically for the 1-2 IU's.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

RedBaron
    thanks bro,i do have a ppo

03636 is offline Junior Member
    I've been meaning to ask the same question. My situation is that I'm 26 years old and think my doc may not think I need it. I know there are longevity clinics in my area. I have looked into them but I don't wanna waste time trying to get it there and just be barking up the totaly wrong tree.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I have low IGF-1 and HGH, can't get my endo to write one for, I know my PPO would pay for it, just can't get him to write it. I'm looking for a new Doc.

JohnnyB

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    I have low IGF-1 and HGH, can't get my endo to write one for, I know my PPO would pay for it, just can't get him to write it. I'm looking for a new Doc.

JohnnyB

It is sad that the medical community can't move into he 21st century with the rest of us. Most of my peers at work don't share my opinions - and get downright defensive when I bring up Test replacement for males.

I hear ya

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter
    It is sad that the medical community can't move into he 21st century with the rest of us. Most of my peers at work don't share my opinions - and get downright defensive when I bring up Test replacement for males.
    are you a doctor bro?? it sounds as if you are by that statement

thats very interesting,im gonna look into that

Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    some of the clinics will give u a copy of the scrip and a bill to submit your insurance for reimbursement. unsure of how successful that is.
    That's a problem with a PPO, besides I don't think an insurance is going to pay for anything having to do with an anti-aging clinic

JohnnyB

nbavosa is offline Junior Member
    I went to a physical rehab doctor/ electro something medicine doctor and he sent me to get BW done and after I went back he prescribed me 5mg saizen. The script does not say how many IU a day but it does say 2 refills and that will last me until I go back to see him for the next script which will be after 2 months and BW for a second time. Anyway I have been on for about 4 months now and feel great at 2iu a day, I wish I could take mnore but thats what he has me on.

Oh yeah he also has me on HCG and arimadex. I pay 50.00 a month for everything. PPO insurance covers the rest. I am 26 years old.

03636 is offline Junior Member
    I am trying to do the same thing right now but my primary care doc aint with it. Did you just come out and ask for it, or did your doctor just offer the saizen? I have a ppo too and know I can get in there I just don't know how. I was thinking of making an appointment at a longevity clinic, but I'm not sure If they are gonna laugh me out the door. I could use some advice from anyone who knows what to do in my situation. Thanks bro's!

TheBrent is offline Associate Member
    i wanted to know how you can get a script for wanting to grow more if your plates are still open. how difficult is it and how would one go about getting this?

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    As far as I know anything anymore that is covered must be considered "medically necessary" Of course almost all Insurance Companies don't consider aging a disease but many M.D.s do these days. So what you may get is a legal RX but thru the arse pricing at walgreens etc..... this is the case for me and my HRT. Thus I came into being here. Some in Cali cover it but Cali is it's own planet!

In my former life I was an Insurance Agent for 6 years right out of school , I apologize to America, I hope you can forgive me.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    My opinions GH no, HRT yes (gel for sure, injects possibly), ancillaries yes as a defense from HRT sides. * Note need an endo and as most have stated I know more than my own doc, endo, oncologist............anyone any M.D. regarding AS and the ancillaries. Docs just don't get it.

nbavosa is offline Junior Member
    Jusst go to the right doctor...As long as your IGF levels are low he can prescribe it. As per my doctor 80% of people over like 26 have low levels, insurance compaines have done clinical studies that show if they pay for someone like me to take growth now...in the future they will save money in the future by not paying as many medical bills. That is straight from my doctor who is a pain management and electrodiagnostics medicines doctor. As I stated before I am on 2iu a day, HCG every monday and friday and arimadex just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrent
    i wanted to know how you can get a script for wanting to grow more if your plates are still open. how difficult is it and how would one go about getting this?
    i believe they changed the height req.if it looks as if you will grow no taller then 5'9" as an adult male you will be covered for growth for height

skribbble is offline Member
    HOw do you get a doctor to perscribe the medicine though. What do you tell him your goal is? I cant see goign to a doctor and telling him "i want saizen test me". Do you have to tel him you want to get taller or lose body fat or something? I am having troubles coming up with something convincing.

ok, i might be able to slide in right along there, im about 5' 7" and dont know if i'll get much more out of me. so i should go in for an exam on my growth patterns and go from there?

Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    i believe they changed the height req.if it looks as if you will grow no taller then 5'9" as an adult male you will be covered for growth for height

IRONATE is offline New Member
    I Can Definatly Help Ya Here. I Have My Doc Giving Me Both Cyp And Saizen. I Got Him To Give Me The Test By Telling Him I Had No Sex Drive,none,not Even Morning Wood.i Had To Do A Little Research To Find Out What To Say But,a Doc Told Me At My Age(26)he Would Only Really Be Concerned If I Said I Had No Sex Drive(thats Key)fatigue Depression,things Like That. Now, I Went And Had This Talk With Him Making Sure I Timed It Comeing Off A Cycle So I Knew My Test Levels Would Be Low When I Went For Blood Work.the Normal Range For An Adult Male Is 269-1100,mine Came Back 210.score!!!! You Might Have To Play The Game With Him About The T-gels And Creams And Patches But, Be Confident Like This Is Something Seriously Effecting Your Life So You've Done Your Home Work And Read Time And Time Again That Injectable Test Is The Most Effective. Again This Is Another Part Where You Might Have To Play Ball A Little To Get Things Done Your Way Because He Might Want You To Come Into The Office For Your Injections.you Say He's Pretty Cool So You Might Be Able To Ask Him To Teach You To Self Inject Because Your Comfortable With It And It's More Convienent For You.say You Injected Your Sister In-laws Fertility Drugs Because Niether She Nor Your Brother Could Do It So You Did It.i'm Just Giving You Ideas You Know The Guy So,go With Your Gut..say If He Wants You To Go Into The Office The First Few Times,hey,it's Worth It. A Friend Of Mine Took Some Of His Girlfriends Birth Control Tabs Before His Blood Work To Make Sure His T:e Levels Were Off And That Worked For Him,deca 's Obviously A Sure Thing Too.i Read An Article A Few Years Back That The Fda Is Looking Into Nandrolone As A Form Of Male Birth Control.(that Will Never Happen In This Country)as Far As The Gh, Do The Same Thing Bro. Do Some Research About The Benefit's Of Gh. I Printed Some Stuff Up About How Your Levels Just Drop Off After 25 And Your More Prone To Injury And Illness If Your Hormone Levels Are Off.how Your Recovery Time Is Faster If Your Levels Stay Like They Did When You Were 18.talk About Quality Of Life.how It Helps Keep You Lean,increase Stamina, All That B.s It Might Sound Like A Load Of **** But I'm Telling You. That's All I Did. Oh Yeah I Did Tell Him I Have Asthma And When I Get A Cold,it Usually Turns Into A Resperatory Infection And That I Read It's Beneficial To Boost Your Immune System And Prevent These Things. As Far As Dosages Go, I'd Say Your Pharmacist Said 2 I.u's A Day Is Common. Or Again Look On The Net You Might Be Able To Find Omething There That Recommends Higher Dosages.obviously It Don't Matter To Much About What He Writes It For Because Your Gonna Do It Your Way Any Way But, You Still Want To Try And Get A Fair Amount. Now This Is Where You Got Me Puzzled, Because Every Pharmacy I've Tried Said The Only Way They've Seen Any Insurance Company Pay For It Is In Aids Patients. So If You Know Something I Don't,please Hit Me Up. And If I Missed Something Feel Free To Pm Me. Hope This Helps.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONATE
    I Can Definatly Help Ya Here. I Have My Doc Giving Me Both Cyp And Saizen. I Got Him To Give Me The Test By Telling Him I Had No Sex Drive,none,not Even Morning Wood.i Had To Do A Little Research To Find Out What To Say But,a Doc Told Me At My Age(26)he Would Only Really Be Concerned If I Said I Had No Sex Drive(thats Key)fatigue Depression,things Like That. Now, I Went And Had This Talk With Him Making Sure I Timed It Comeing Off A Cycle So I Knew My Test Levels Would Be Low When I Went For Blood Work.the Normal Range For An Adult Male Is 269-1100,mine Came Back 210.score!!!! You Might Have To Play The Game With Him About The T-gels And Creams And Patches But, Be Confident Like This Is Something Seriously Effecting Your Life So You've Done Your Home Work And Read Time And Time Again That Injectable Test Is The Most Effective. Again This Is Another Part Where You Might Have To Play Ball A Little To Get Things Done Your Way Because He Might Want You To Come Into The Office For Your Injections.you Say He's Pretty Cool So You Might Be Able To Ask Him To Teach You To Self Inject Because Your Comfortable With It And It's More Convienent For You.say You Injected Your Sister In-laws Fertility Drugs Because Niether She Nor Your Brother Could Do It So You Did It.i'm Just Giving You Ideas You Know The Guy So,go With Your Gut..say If He Wants You To Go Into The Office The First Few Times,hey,it's Worth It. A Friend Of Mine Took Some Of His Girlfriends Birth Control Tabs Before His Blood Work To Make Sure His T:e Levels Were Off And That Worked For Him,deca's Obviously A Sure Thing Too.i Read An Article A Few Years Back That The Fda Is Looking Into Nandrolone As A Form Of Male Birth Control.(that Will Never Happen In This Country)as Far As The Gh, Do The Same Thing Bro. Do Some Research About The Benefit's Of Gh. I Printed Some Stuff Up About How Your Levels Just Drop Off After 25 And Your More Prone To Injury And Illness If Your Hormone Levels Are Off.how Your Recovery Time Is Faster If Your Levels Stay Like They Did When You Were 18.talk About Quality Of Life.how It Helps Keep You Lean,increase Stamina, All That B.s It Might Sound Like A Load Of **** But I'm Telling You. That's All I Did. Oh Yeah I Did Tell Him I Have Asthma And When I Get A Cold,it Usually Turns Into A Resperatory Infection And That I Read It's Beneficial To Boost Your Immune System And Prevent These Things. As Far As Dosages Go, I'd Say Your Pharmacist Said 2 I.u's A Day Is Common. Or Again Look On The Net You Might Be Able To Find Omething There That Recommends Higher Dosages.obviously It Don't Matter To Much About What He Writes It For Because Your Gonna Do It Your Way Any Way But, You Still Want To Try And Get A Fair Amount. Now This Is Where You Got Me Puzzled, Because Every Pharmacy I've Tried Said The Only Way They've Seen Any Insurance Company Pay For It Is In Aids Patients. So If You Know Something I Don't,please Hit Me Up. And If I Missed Something Feel Free To Pm Me. Hope This Helps.
    goodinfo bro...so im guessing you pay full price for it then,is is it any cheaper then on the market?

skribbble is offline Member
    exactly whati have been looking for... Now need to figure out what to do about my age since im 18 .

topcat50 is offline Junior Member
    I'm 50 yrs old and about 10 months ago I found an endocrinologist in my area that specialized in testosterone and GH therapy . I did my research and went to him and explained to him about my professional carrer and how demanding it was aside being on several committees also . I told him the truth about not being able to sleep as well as I should and not having the mental sharpness that I used to have when I started my career . I also exercise regularly and do not smoke and only drink occasionally and I like to wake up each morning feeling as good as I possibly can . Then I asked to have bloodwork done to see if I would possibly be a candidate for the Humatrope threapy . It took almost a whole day to do this bloodwork . They gave me different medications to take and drew blood every half hour . The results came back that I have Hypo Pituaturism , which means that your pituitary is no longer producing your own gh . He then prescibed Humatrope at 2iu daily to start and has done bloodwork periodically and has upped my dosage to where I'm
    taking 4iu daily and feel great ! My insurance is paying for 90% of the drug and he says that I will stay on for life .
    My understanding is that when you reach 35 plus your pituitary no longer produces the gh you need , any age younger unless you have a statue growth deficiency there would be no need to even approach this . You have got to have bloods profiles needed for insurance to even consider .

thanks bro,ill be 35in 7 months...great info

Sta11ion is offline Member
    What you believe is wrong, they will prescribe it for a 10-year-old boy or girl, that's a height below 4 feet 1 inch, or a corresponding adult height below 4 feet 11 inches for women and 5 feet 3 inches for men. They will only give the patient 3-6 iu's a week, the average increase in height is about 3 inchs in final adult stature.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG

Quote Originally Posted by Sta11ion
    What you believe is wrong, they will prescribe it for a 10-year-old boy or girl, that's a height below 4 feet 1 inch, or a corresponding adult height below 4 feet 11 inches for women and 5 feet 3 inches for men. They will only give the patient 3-6 iu's a week, the average increase in height is about 3 inchs in final adult stature.
    no bro,that is the old standard,,they upped the heights about a yr ago..ill see if i can find something

Growth hormone given to "normal" children probably will have little effect on height, 5 "9 is normal. 5'1' is not. Recently, the indications for which kids can be treated with growth hormone has been expanded. Growth hormone can now be used for the long-term treatment of children with idiopathic (of unknown origin) short stature, also called non-growth hormone deficient short stature, who are more than 2.25 SD below the mean for age and sex, or the shortest 1.2% of children. For example, according to the FDA, for 10-year old boys and girls, this would correspond to heights of less than 4' 1" inch. This would further correspond to heights of less than 5' 3" and 4' 11" in adult men and women, respectively.

The FDA aproved the use of growth hormones to make short children taller, even if there is no underlying medical problem stunting their growth.

A government advisory panel recommended that the FDA approve the growth hormone Humatrope for children for COSMETIC reasons.

It can be given to them, but that will only get a inch or two increase in height if there is no defieceny. THey would have to take it for four years for of a 6 iu a week. DO the math almost $30,000 a year and since its cosmetic, insurance wought cover it.

I Asked My Doc Straight Out And He Said Just Like Any Drug, You Just Need A Reason To Prescribe The Drug.that Goes For Every Drug,at Every Age.i'm On Hrt At 26!

Oh Yeah,and It's Like $200 For 18iu At The Pharmacy. And You Want To Be On It For At Least 6 Months. To Make The Most Of It,you Might Want To Read Up In The Mon-thur Schedule.

dtr98 is offline Member
    tried to get it from my doc and had to tell him what hgh meant and then i got the barry bonds story and it would make my head grow bigger. but finally got him to write a ascript for blood work with igf-1

Thumbs up like the way you think

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    preventative medicine in leiu of reactive medicine

WORD

Thread Information