Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired

Exclamation Well least I know what it feels like to go hypo

I thought Id be a little daring and start lowering my carbs right after my shot of humalog... I use 8g per iu, so I injest 80g of dex 5 min after my shot. Today I thought Id lower it a bit.. ~6.5 ~7g everything was fine... untill my meal. Normally when my meal approches (1 hour after shot) my BG is fine... well I felt, odd when I started eating. I couldnt put my finger on it.... but it wasnt normal. So I finish my meal (1.5 hours after inject, ok so it took my 30 min to eat... I was watching the orange bowl, sue me ) then I go take a shower... I normally have a soft drink in the bathroom just incase, well I stopped that a few days ago. So I am almost with the shower, and wow I started to feel light headed/dizzy... I knew I was going hypo. Got out of the shower and checked my BG level... 65mg/dl. That for me was enough to make me feel it... 7mg away from my fasting BG level. Went downstairs, drank a rootbeer, and grabbed some candy I was craving. 5 min later my BG was up to 79... low, but still higher than my personal BG level. Needless to say I am going to stick to my 8g/iu... Just thought Id share... Hopefully it will help inform people about how fast it happend...

Insulin deserves your respect!!

-MS

Tose22 is offline Associate Member
    now i am really excited about trying slin, thanks MS....

Swellin Guest
    It's really strange how each person reacts differently at different BG levels. Some can function at 35, while others are wiped out. I have seen mine drop after going to the gym, and when it gets under 50 I am not 100% from a mental standpoint. I have only gone real low once (without slin BTW). I am much more careful now. At the time, I was taking in 50g of carbs a day plus 50 from my shake. I upped the carbs and got rid of the problem.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Funny you mention the shower thing, because I have a little theory about showers after having a slin shot. IMO, its not a good idea to be in an area that's warm after your Insulin shot. For example, a shower. Its hard to tell if you are warm from the shower, or if you are going hypo. Another good example I experinced a while ago, is a solarium. I had a solarium approx 20 min after my slin shot, and I had no idea that I was going hypo, I thought I was getting warm because of the solarium, but I was wrong. So that's why I think it's not a good idea to be in a fairly warm area after having an Insulin shot. I avoid showering for at lest 2hrs after my Insulin dose. I know it sounds a little yukky, as we all love to shower right after gym. But I would rather smell and be dirty for 2hrs, then be sorry. I think all beginners should take note of that. Just something I thought I might add.

-Gear

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Funny you mention the shower thing, because I have a little theory about showers after having a slin shot. IMO, its not a good idea to be in an area that's warm after your Insulin shot. For example, a shower. Its hard to tell if you are warm from the shower, or if you are going hypo. Another good example I experinced a while ago, is a solarium. I had a solarium approx 20 min after my slin shot, and I had no idea that I was going hypo, I thought I was getting warm because of the solarium, but I was wrong. So that's why I think it's not a good idea to be in a fairly warm area after having an Insulin shot. I avoid showering for at lest 2hrs after my Insulin dose. I know it sounds a little yukky, as we all love to shower right after gym. But I would rather smell and be dirty for 2hrs, then be sorry. I think all beginners should take note of that. Just something I thought I might add.

-Gear

i'm about to start my slin/igf cycle and was'nt aware of this...thanks you saved me prob for alot of trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    It's really strange how each person reacts differently at different BG levels. Some can function at 35, while others are wiped out. I have seen mine drop after going to the gym, and when it gets under 50 I am not 100% from a mental standpoint. I have only gone real low once (without slin BTW). I am much more careful now. At the time, I was taking in 50g of carbs a day plus 50 from my shake. I upped the carbs and got rid of the problem.
    wierd isnt it...? I thought Id be ok because my basline BG was 72... so I thought in the 60s Id be alright. Well I guess I was wrong.

Gear-
    I see your point, Ill probally just check my BG before I hit the shower.

c5529 is offline Member
    wow.....thanks for sharing this info Sparkle....how many IU's of slin are you using?

you know this was a lot easier 10 years ago when all we had wast test, deca , and dbol !!!!

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear

-Gear
    you may be on to something there,i remember the first time i had trouble was in the shower also,i started feeling a little lite headed,i got out and dryed off,well i tried to anyway,as i towled myself off i was continuously wet from sweat,i was probably sweating in the shower and didnt even realize it at the time.i now take my shower AFTER my PPWO meal just to be safe

Quote Originally Posted by c5529
    wow.....thanks for sharing this info Sparkle....how many IU's of slin are you using?

you know this was a lot easier 10 years ago when all we had wast test, deca, and dbol!!!!

I am using 10ius... Glad I could toss some info out

inevitable is offline Member
    i plan on runnin a slin cycle in a year or so... i don't kno much about it.. ne one have some good readin on this ??

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by inevitable
    i plan on runnin a slin cycle in a year or so... i don't kno much about it.. ne one have some good readin on this ??
    Here is some information for you about Insulin . Good luck.

http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?...ht=Insulin.txt

-Gear

nsashbl is offline Associate Member
    I have seen my mother who's a type 1 diabetic go hypo. Scary ****! Worse than dealing with someone is very very drunk. Untill they pass out while waiting for the paramedics to get her an IV. I spoke with her endo's and they told me there is brain damage every time someone goes hypo and it's like playing with a loaded gun! I don't do slin, and can go mild hypo just from not eating frequently enough. Some times I feel it comming on at 60, and sometimes not till like 40. I ****ing hate when it happens, gotta shower after! Be carefull guys....

Thread Information