dangray51 is offline New Member

thin bones HGH ????

Hi i fill i have very thin bones i have gone to the docter had a test for anemia etc but everything was ok i think its just im tall and genetic my dads bones are quite thin 2 ...

i was wonder i have been on calcium supplemnts and things but they dont really help would HGH improve bone mass cuz i dont think their is actually anything to improve bones mass is their ???

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    density yes, but u won t get a broder frame thru hgh. still u can put on a lot of muscle mass on thin bones looks sometimes more amazing than on broad frames...

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Continue with good diet from a nutritionist supplementing with coral calcium& magnesium. Weight bearing exercises will promote bone strength so you MUST do this for bone benefits. Good luck. Do not consider HGH at 20yrs old unless under supervision.

hmm another problem is i been getting bad pains in my wrists my docter thinks i should give up weight lifting and try swimming ??? what you think ????

Sta11ion is offline Member
    Bone is living and dynamic tissue that responds to exercise by becoming stronger. Each time you put your bones to work they receive a chemical message telling them they need to be strong. Without physical challenges to trigger that bone building message your bones eventually lose mass and strength. Weight bearing and strength training (resistance) exercises put the right kind of demands on your bones to make them build density and strength.

Weight bearing exercise causes your bones and muscles to work against gravity. When you walk, jog, climb stairs, dance, jump, or play tennis, your feet and legs bear the impact of your weight against the force of gravity. This form of exercise stimulates the bones in your hips and spine, helping to prevent osteoporosis in the very areas that are particularly vulnerable to the loss of bone mass.

If your doctor suggest to replace weight training with swimming I suggest to get a new doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by dangray51
    hmm another problem is i been getting bad pains in my wrists my docter thinks i should give up weight lifting and try swimming ??? what you think ????

If you do notice pain in your wrist, slowly increase the weight do the weight with proper form and have no discomfort. Increase the weight when there is no discomfort and you are comfortable. Give it time.

hmm thanks i think my docter was just worried the pains in my wrist was caused by my lifitings i dont like my gp he never really helps !!!!!.. I guess ill do weights and not swimming Should i just do free weights or are them toning machines worth using aswell ???

And is it ok to do abit of swimming or would that just hamper muscle progress

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Swimming is good for joint disorders, lifting is good for bones, get another doctor not some old timer who lived through the 20's depression and had a crush on Marilyn Monroe..

Its true what your saying, swimming is good with weight training you cant beat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Swimming is good for joint disorders, lifting is good for bones, get another doctor not some old timer who lived through the 20's depression and had a crush on Marilyn Monroe..

Thread Information