rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer

actrapid question

couldn't get humalog so i got myself some Actrapid(novolet)
    does anyone know when it peaks and for how long when shot i.m.

i could find peak time, off set time and how long its active when subq.
    but i can't seem to find anything about it when shot i.m.

come on somebody must have experience with actrapid.

was planning of starting monday but i wanna know some more about it
    cause all you read is about humalog.
    and i really want to feel comfortable before i begin with something as serieus as slin.

thanks

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Hey bro, Actrapid peeks at around the 3rd hour and is in your system for about 6 to 8 hours. This refers for Sub-Q injections. As for IM injections, if doing IM then the whole active period and the peek time is cut in about half. Hope that helps, good luck.

-Gear

so when doing i.m. its out of my system within 3-4 hrs.
    thats alot safer because i train late in the evening and dont wanna go to sleep untill i am safe.
    for safety reasons i,m gonna take some time off from work this week so i can train a litle earlyer so that i know how and when it works.
    and a big bowl of brown rice before i go to bed just in case(better safe/fat than sorry)

if anyone more got some info than i'm more than happy to recive them.

thanks rodge

Having a bowl of rice before bed is a good idea in a way as it will keep you safe from going into hypoglycemia. However, if I was in your position I would not do that as you may be feeding your body some unnecessary excess nutrients that may be stored as fat. I would just wait till Insulin is totally out of my system before hitting the bed. Then I wouldn't have to worry. Even if you were not using Insulin, I don't entirly agree with feeding your body carbohydrates before bed. I would rather take some slow releasing protein and some healthy fats. But everyone is different, so you do what you think is best for you.

Because you are doing IM injections which makes the timings (peek time & active period) different, it's a little hard to excatly work out when Insulin will totally be out of your system. But like I said, IM timings (peek time & active period) is around half a time as Sub-Q. So I would think that Insulin should be out your system around the 4th hour. But just to be safe, I would not go to bed till at least around the 4.5hr - 5th-hr mark. Surely by the 5th hour you should be safe. Good luck.

-Gear

Just one more thing that I forgot to mention. If you are really worried, then it may be a good idea to monitor your BG levels around the time you think Insulin should be out of your system. If your BG levels are too low then you know its best you don't fall asleep. If your BG levels are showing around the normal range then you know you are more on the safe side. Hope that helped.

-Gear

Big Bapper is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Hey bro, Actrapid peeks at around the 3rd hour and is in your system for about 6 to 8 hours. This refers for Sub-Q injections. As for IM injections, if doing IM then the whole active period and the peek time is cut in about half. Hope that helps, good luck.

-Gear
    Actrapid peaks 60-90mins after sub-Q injection. I use 10iu actrapid post workout 5 mins before my 100g glucose & 50g whey drink. Then have a good clean meal 60-90 mins later with 50-70g carbs and 50g protein, no fat, I find chicken & brown rice with a litle bit of whey for extra aminos works well (very little fat), because insilun is a storage hormone witch stores everything inculding fat so it is important to stay away from fats 2hrs before and 3 hrs after injection. DO NOT GO TO SLEEP FOR A LEAST 4HRS AFTER SUB-Q INJECTION AND HAVE A CARB MEAL BEFORE BED JUST TO BE SAFE.

The only time i would use insilun is post workout and mayby a little first thing in the morning when off cycle to fight off catabolisim.

Having a bowl of rice before bed is a good idea in a way as it will keep you safe from going into hypoglycemia. However, if I was in your position I would not do that as you may be feeding your body some unnecessary excess nutrients that may be stored as fat. I would just wait till Insulin is totally out of my system before hitting the bed. Then I wouldn't have to worry. Even if you were not using Insulin, I don't entirly agree with feeding your body carbohydrates before bed. I would rather take some slow releasing protein and some healthy fats. But everyone is different, so you do what you think is best for you.

i'm gonna use some lr3-igf at 50mcg along
    so i geus getting fat is'nt that big issue.

thanks everyone for all the help
    gonna let you know how it turns out

regards rodge

Thread Information