frogg is offline Associate Member

blood test results........igf 1

well just got my test and igf 1 blood test back. my test level was 840. my igf 1 was 675 doc was suspicious. what do these numbers mean? and is this range good for growth?

MacDad22 is offline Junior Member
    I'm told anything over 600 is way to high for igf-1

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    What are your stats and dosages, bro?

no aas. 3.3 iu ed. if igf is to high whats the deal?

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice natty test level bro, must have good genetics, no idea what a normal igf1 range is though

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by frogg
    no aas. 3.3 iu ed. if igf is to high whats the deal?
    The deal is you need to eat up and train while there up

JohnnyB

That's a pretty strong test level, bro. I believe "normal" is anywhere from 300–1,200 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL). Normal IGF-1 range is from 109-284 ng/ml.

Good to know your GH is working!
    Last edited by Whitey; 01-19-2005 at 07:16 PM.

scorp is offline Junior Member
    well just got my test and igf 1 blood test back. my test level was 840. my igf 1 was 675 doc was suspicious. what do these numbers mean? and is this range good for growth?

Here is a webiste with a table regarding IGF-1 levels. Your IGF-1 level is off the charts bro, unless you are 11-20 years of age. Good job in the elevation.

http://www.hghnstuff.com/refhghartigf.htm
    Last edited by scorp; 01-19-2005 at 07:20 PM.

The questions IGF-1 testing can answer are:
    • Is my GH level extremely low,low, normal, high or extremely high for my age?
    • Has there been any change in my growth hormone level since starting the hgh therapy?
    • Is the growth hormone product I am currently taking sorting any effect?
    • Should I stop taking growth hormone?

What we recommend is the following
    1. Perform a HgH Test before starting any form of growth hormone supplementation. This will invariably give you a reference point you can use to check up on the efficacy of the therapy you are following.
    2. Test before the end of the guarantee period when starting out with a new product. Test in a timely manner so you still have time to return the whole order if the product is not working for you. Most suppliers offer a money back guarantee. And don’t bamboozle yourself! if you do not experience the advertised results AND there is no evidence of an increase in IGF -1 levels in your body….step on to another product or administering form, no need to “wait 6 months to a year for the product to sort its effect”. You may want to wait if there is an increase in IGF-1 but no visible effect yet or if there are effects but no IGF-1 increase.
    3. Test every 3 months and follow what is going on in your body.
    4. If your IGF-1 level is too high (above 500 mcg/ml) you are well advised to take a break with your growth hormone therapy and monitor monthly.

http://www.hghnstuff.com/hghtest.htm

maybe the igf level is incorrect. i started gh 1 month ago(jintropin) 3.3 iu ed. what can i do to get this lowered and what are negative side effects of this. being i took the shot before my blood test would this have anything to do with it? btw i am gaining size and strength fast.

maybe the igf level is incorrect. i started gh 1 month ago(jintropin) 3.3 iu ed. what can i do to get this lowered and what are negative side effects of this. being i took the shot before my blood test would this have anything to do with it? btw i am gaining size and strength fast.

Look at reply #9. Your answer is #4.

toolman is offline Banned
    Friggen guy has donkey balls if he's off the gear....Oh to be young again!!

Lol Is it true? Do you have donkey balls, bro?

i am not on gear and i am not that young(33yo).

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Both are very good. Tests (total,bound) can average 260-1000ng/dl depending on age factors. IGF-1 is 101-267ng/dl. So your IGF-1 is way above normal very high. Yes, your doctor is correct that he suspects something. Realize that the total test basically is meaningless because it is the free unbound test levels that are really important. Should be around 3-5% of total.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scorp
    Here is a webiste with a table regarding IGF-1 levels. Your IGF-1 level is off the charts bro, unless you are 11-20 years of age. Good job in the elevation.

http://www.hghnstuff.com/refhghartigf.htm
    Sounds like to me you are advertizing your products, capitalism at its best

ok but what will happen if my igf level stays at or around 650's. what are the pros and cons of this. thanks

i am not on gear and i am not that young(33yo).
    Only a few years left. My test didn't start dropping until after 36 yrs or so.

a few years left???

Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Only a few years left. My test didn't start dropping until after 36 yrs or so.
    Sorry, had to share this - when i first read your post, I read "My testes didn't start dropping until after 36 yrs or so." lmao

a few years left???
    Sounded like he was saying if his personal experience holds true for you, you'll only have a few years left of "donkey balls" test production.

ok. so with a naturally high test level would it be worthwhile to add 500mg of test cyp after 3 month? and what do you think results would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    Sorry, had to share this - when i first read your post, I read "My testes didn't start dropping until after 36 yrs or so." lmao
    Lol...that would have been a long wait for puberty!

It is different for everyone, could be my marriage is into it's second decade, but I noticed a drop in drive around 36, 37...can't rremeber when. Just went from every night more or less to 3 nights a week being enough.

Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Lol...that would have been a long wait for puberty!

It is different for everyone, could be my marriage is into it's second decade, but I noticed a drop in drive around 36, 37...can't rremeber when. Just went from every night more or less to 3 nights a week being enough.
    ****, sounds like you wore that poor woman out, bro!!

1morerep is offline Associate Member
    i just received my blood test results today and my test. count was over 180, doc told me anywhere from 37 -87 is normal.

ok. so with a naturally high test level would it be worthwhile to add 500mg of test cyp after 3 month? and what do you think results would be?
    That's a **** good question. Maybe somebody can shed some light...

Back to your original question about whether your IGF-1 is too high - it seems to me like that's kind of the point. I'd be pretty happy, if it were me. You can probably better judge your dose by the results you get, rather than a blood test. Just my opinion - don't have any research to back it, I'm just using common sense here.

It just sounded like you might be a little worried about it. Obviously your Dr. should be worried; he doesn't know you're taking exogenous hormones, does he?

he doesnt know.lol

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    ok but what will happen if my igf level stays at or around 650's. what are the pros and cons of this. thanks
    Pros and cons are the same, but they relate to different areas of the body...

pros-increased hyperplasia, increased proliferation, fat loss

cons-increased proliferation(in areas not wanted at your age, ex:tendons, bone....) which could lead to sore joints, carpel tunnel, etc.
    -long term slight decrease in t3 production(will rebound upon discontinuation)

Do what johnnyb said...your levels are up, eat and train hard, they wont always be up there!

so even if i continue to use 3.3iu of gh daily. levels will eventually drop?

Thread Information