tycin is offline Anabolic Member

couple questions regarding slin pwo

for ur shake with dex/gluta/creat immedialty after injection do u use water to mix it with? and is cell-tech ok to use for creatine? its 80g dex?,15g creatine?, ? glutamine?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Hey bro, I always use water in my shakes. As for your dextrose, your dextrose amount depends on how much Insulin you use. The general rule is 10g of carbs for every 1IU of Insulin. So if you are taking 5IU, you would take 50g of dextrose. Creatine, and glutamine are great supplments to take for additional benefits at about 5 - 10g each. So your PWO nuttrition should look something like this, "x" amount of dex, 5g creatine and 5g of glutamine. Hope that helped, and good luck.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 01-19-2005 at 01:47 AM.

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    I always used to take glutamine PWO... but i have read everyone saying not to take it with the whey because they compete for uptake.... what is the real deal?

Quote Originally Posted by 100%NATURAL-theGH
    I always used to take glutamine PWO... but i have read everyone saying not to take it with the whey because they compete for uptake.... what is the real deal?
    That's excatly right. It's best to take glutamine PWO followed by a protein shake about 10 - 15 minutes later.

-Gear

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Id not use celltech, because it has all of that extra crap in it.... Just get some plain old creatine mono.

I agree with Sparkle about some straight creatine mono. I know if you use slin you gotta have a certain amount of high glycemic carbs so that you don't go hypo. I personally don't have to have 10gr of dextrose per iu slin. I usually only take 7-8gr dextrose per iu but, thats my body and everyone's different. I also wouldn't take slin w/o a blood glucose monitor. Those little gadgets will not only keep you from killing yourself but, they will also allow you to dial in the correct amount of simple sugars you need to get the most from your slin. Because everyone knows that too much sugar=high body fat% and high triglycerides. Glutamine isn't a bad idea but, if your taking a high quality whey protien your body will convert most of the amino's in the protien into the glutamine it needs. I usually take my slin pw with dex creatine and a bunch of free form aminos and glutamine. Your body can readily absorb the free form aminos as apposed to having to go through the extra step of breaking down protien into the respective aminos.

great info thanks!

and for my protein shake 15-20 min after should i stay away from the fatty powder? ex.muscle milk. and use like optimum or does it matter?

stay away from fat for 3 hours.....
    I use Isopures protein... Mixed in water they are tasty... I use the apple melon and the apline punch, freakin good!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    stay away from fat for 3 hours.....
    I use Isopures protein... Mixed in water they are tasty... I use the apple melon and the apline punch, freakin good!
    sounds good thanks bro, LOL... those muscle milks r **** good too but not the greatest for u!
    LOL.. they have 18g of fat,12g of carbs and 32g of protein /2 scoops

goo... isopure 50g protein zero fat zero carbs.... holla

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    goo... isopure 50g protein zero fat zero carbs.... holla
    really? shlt im gon get some of that 2day then!

Quote Originally Posted by tycin
    great info thanks!

and for my protein shake 15-20 min after should i stay away from the fatty powder? ex.muscle milk. and use like optimum or does it matter?
    Stay away from the fats while Insulin is active.

-Gear

FireFighterMuscle is offline New Member
    I take it that the old story of Creatine+Glutamine negate each other and fight for absorbtion is a myth then? I was never really clear on the glutamine situation as i never had much interest in it.

It's ok to take creatine and glutamine together, just seperate your whey and glutamine.

-Gear

simster1 is offline Associate Member
    what do you guys think of cell mass and ultra fuel by twin lab as pwo with slin?

Thread Information