I-WISH-A-MF-WOULD is offline Associate Member

How does newbies go to vets to mods ect

Just curious alot of newbies know there sh*t.
    Last edited by I-WISH-A-MF-WOULD; 02-04-2005 at 08:03 PM.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Well first off, you learn to post in the right forum. After you master that, it's all about making friends, helping people, and putting in the time.

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I-WISH-A-MF-WOULD
    Just curious alot of newbies no there sh*t.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Just curious alot of newbies no there sh*t.
    biggreen would tell you it requires proper grammar.

Chief is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Well first off, you learn to post in the right forum. After you master that, it's all about making friends, helping people, and putting in the time.
    I was thinking the same, about posting.

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    biggreen would tell you it requires proper grammar.
    as would swole

I-WISH-A-MF-WOULD is offline Associate Member
    I mean in a "promotion" like way. I'm not sweating it like I'm dying to be a vet and it's funny that some guys can be vets and a newbie can ask a serious question and you're insulting. I've gotten some real good advice from everyone (to include newbies) but I guess it guys like you that just wasted 2 minutes of your life talking about nothing even replying to a post like this...why bother? I asked a practical and look at the response I get.
    Last edited by I-WISH-A-MF-WOULD; 02-04-2005 at 08:21 PM.

toolman is offline Banned
    I mean in a "promotion" like way. I'm not sweating it like I'm dying to be a vet and it's funny that some guys can be vets and a newbie can ask a serious question and you're insulting. I've gotten some real good advice from everyone (to include newbies) but I guess it guys like you that just wasted 2 minutes of your life talking about nothing even replying to a post like this...why bother? I asked a practical and look at the response I get.
    Who cares what your label is? It is meaningless in an anonymous gathering. It's like worrying who has a bigger johnson....this coming from the walking tripod.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    man nobody is insulting you. we poke a lot of fun at each other here. There are a ton of people who know their stuff here, they can't just go making every newbie who know something about gear a vet ya know. A considerable amount of rep is involved, it doesn't just take knowledge. It takes the time you spend here spreading your knowledge helping people out.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    Toolman has a good point. It really doesn't matter what your label is or how impressive your post count is, what really matters is giving good educated advice, making some friends, and learning and sharing ideas. Regardless of your label, you will gain respect if you have something worthwhile to share.

There are actually very few mods and vets ..... and a LOT of bros that are probably very deserving of recognition. My advice would be not to be overly concerned about your label ... just be concerned about the quality of your posts. The rest will take care of itself.
    couldn't have said it better myself. I could care less if my name is green, purple or blue...as long as i give sound advice, and I help at least one person make a correct decision, that is all i need. And i know i have personally helped many here, so newbie, mod, or vet alike... Post count or title means nothing!

You will earn a reputation here just for being who you are!

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    Toolman has a good point. It really doesn't matter what your label is or how impressive your post count is, what really matters is giving good educated advice, making some friends, and learning and sharing ideas. Regardless of your label, you will gain respect if you have something worthwhile to share.

There are actually very few mods and vets ..... and a LOT of bros that are probably very deserving of recognition. My advice would be not to be overly concerned about your label ... just be concerned about the quality of your posts. The rest will take care of itself.
    Red is a perfect example. THe guy has forgotten more than most of us ever knew about gh and you wouldn't know by a post count or title. In fact, with the departure of the scamming Einstien, Red is really one of the few experts in this forum.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Red is a perfect example. THe guy has forgotten more than most of us ever knew about gh and you wouldn't know by a post count or title. In fact, with the departure of the scamming Einstien, Red is really one of the few experts in this forum.
    I concur with that. Red and Gear are both VERY helpful, in this forum especially. So props to both of you for all of your help.

Thread Information