Socio is offline Associate Member

Talking important insulin question

Hey guys....
    Been a while since ive been on here...
    ive just started using insulin again .... 10 IU twice a day (im training twice a day) 4 days a week .. and 10 IU once a day on non training days...
    Normally i feel slins affect between 1-2 hrs post inj... which is normal (humalog) now my question is ... seeing it peaks around 1-2 hrs (i put it IM istead of SQ) wouldnt it be better to use pre workout????

So when i have my PWO carbs (having cell tech atm) ... they are immedietley utilized?

Pls dont flame ... this is something ive been curious of for some time.
    (i did this for the first time today .. had a mega pump but now 1 hr after training feelin a bit tired)

If this is wrong can some one pls explain why .. instead of jus saying it works better PWO ... alot of ppl tend to give answer with no explanation...

Thanx guys.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    what does slin do? transports nutriants to an area that needs them...

when do you need them the most? PWO and sleeping... so PWO is the only one that is feasible... as slin before bed is retarded...

The problem is, if you use pre you might go hypo for not having a sufficant amount of carbs.... but what are you transporting while your workout? unless your drinking whey... just glucose...

You talking about feeling tired is a sign of hypo...

BTW 10iu twice ED is to vague... when are you using it and why?

-MS

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Socio
    Hey guys....
    Been a while since ive been on here...
    ive just started using insulin again .... 10 IU twice a day (im training twice a day) 4 days a week .. and 10 IU once a day on non training days...
    Normally i feel slins affect between 1-2 hrs post inj... which is normal (humalog) now my question is ... seeing it peaks around 1-2 hrs (i put it IM istead of SQ) wouldnt it be better to use pre workout????

So when i have my PWO carbs (having cell tech atm) ... they are immedietley utilized?

Pls dont flame ... this is something ive been curious of for some time.
    (i did this for the first time today .. had a mega pump but now 1 hr after training feelin a bit tired)

If this is wrong can some one pls explain why .. instead of jus saying it works better PWO ... alot of ppl tend to give answer with no explanation...

Thanx guys.
    Training twice a day is something I never really agreed on but if it works for you then keep doing it, everyone is different. Having Insulin 2 x p/day would be a bit of a hassle as you would pretty much have to watch you fat intake all day long. But once again, if that's something you do not mind doing, good on you.

Also, with the timings, when you said it peeks at the 2nd hour, that refers to Sub-Q, not IM. If you are doing IM then it wouldn't peek at the 2hr mark, it would peek much sooner. Remember, doing IM injections makes the on-set time and the total active period much shorter, about 1/2 a time of Sub-Q. So if you were to take it pre workout, take it Sub-Q as you want the slow release.

Now, the reason why I do not take Insulin pre workout is simply because the pump is not worth the risk. I have taken Insulin pre workout before, and never again. But that's just me. IMO, its better to take it PWO because then you will have enough time left over for the Insulin to take care of the nutrients for the next 4hrs, and that is the most important part. So lets look things this way:

PWO Injection: (Sub-Q)
    *Workout
    *Injection
    *PWO nutrition (Insulin is still active and will push nutrients into muscle cells)
    *MEAL 1: 1.25hrs later have dinner (Insulin is still active and will push nutrients into muscle cells)
    *MEAL 2: 2hrs later have another meal/shake (Insulin is still active and will push nutrients into muscle cells)
    *MEAL 3: 3hrs later meal/shake (Insulin is not longer active and will not push these nutrients into muscle cells as easy as PWO, meal 1 and meal 2)

PRE WORKOUT Injection: (Sub-Q)
    *Injection
    *Workout (1 hour)
    *PWO nutrition (Insulin is still active and will push nutrients into muscle cells)
    *MEAL 1: 1.25hrs later have dinner/shake: (Insulin is barely still active but will still push nutrients into muscle cells)
    *MEAL 2: 2hrs later have a meal/shake: (Insulin is not longer active and will not push these nutrients into muscle cells)
    *MEAL 3: 3hrs later have a meal/shake: (Insulin is not longer active and will not push these nutrients into muscle cells)

The parts that are written in "bold" is when Insulin is still active and is most beneficial, as that is the best time to intake the right nutrients. Now, considering Insulins main purpose is to push nutrients into muscle cells, it seems to me that having a shot WPO is the best way to go. You can clearly see that having a shot PWO gives you enough time to force nutrients into cells for PWO shake, meal 1 and meal 2. After meal 2 is when Insulin is no loner active and any nutrient intake after that will be absorbed by your body as usual. Having a shot pre workout only gives Insulin enough time to force nutrients into cells for PWO shake and barely meal 1. If you believe that Insulins main purpose is to force feed cells with nutrients then you will stick to having injections PWO.

Just before I forget, if you were to have Insulin (Humalog) IM pre workout, because the on-set and active period times are half as Sub-Q times, you wouldn't even have enough time for Insulin to do it job for meal 1 as by then it would just be leaving your system. That is why I said, if you want to take it pre workout, take it Sub-Q for the slow release and longer active time.

You wanted an explenation and not just an answer on why it is more beneficial to take Insulin PWO than pre workout, well the explenation is there. Hope I haven't confused you or anyone else. Good luck mate.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 02-03-2005 at 02:01 AM.

Socio is offline Associate Member
    tHanks Gear that has cleared things up for me ... i was under the assumption that because insulin peaks at the 1hr mark (IM)or 2 hr (SQ) that then would be the best time to consume sugars and aminos so they get immedietley shuttled with my insulin levels at that time .... but as u said never again!.
    I felt sh*t all day after that ......

Thanks again.

No worries bro, and good luck.

-Gear

Angelis is offline Banned
    isnt it true that within 15 min of injecting Humalog u need to intake carbs (@8-10carb/iu) and then 1hr later intake Protein & Carbs. I would rather take it PWO that way I dont risk going hypo... its something to think about though. Keep us informed I should be starting Insulin /GH within a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    isnt it true that within 15 min of injecting Humalog u need to intake carbs (@8-10carb/iu) and then 1hr later intake Protein & Carbs. I would rather take it PWO that way I dont risk going hypo... its something to think about though. Keep us informed I should be starting Insulin/GH within a month or so.
    That's right. I usually have my dinner about 1.25hrs after my PWO protein shake.

-Gear

Jackson111 is offline Banned
    I know a girl who was an olympic developmental swimmer, and she used Insulin and creatine. She had sick muscular development, and looked like a man.

The stuff can work miracles for some people.

(at the time I thought she was using it for diabetes...)

Thread Information