Teegunn is offline Banned

Any way to LOWER HGH levels (temporarily)?

Strange question, I know. But I was thinking that if I cannot find a source and have to use one of the anit-aging clinics to get my HGH from that I would need to possibly LOWER my natural GH (and possibly Test) levels to qualify for HRT therapy. About the only thing I can think of that could possibly lower GH levels would be to not sleep at all the night before the blood work so my natural nightly release of GH wouldn't be released. But I have not idea if this would actually work. Any ideas on this or anything else that may help temporarily lower GH levels? Thanks.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Get your self a divorce and have her take everything if you are married.. stress is good for you. j/k. How do you know what your levels are now? Have you had the proper blood test? If not, your spinning your wheels.

Bluethunder - LOL - a divorce is certainly a possibility right now (sadly). And I am probably at an alltime high for stress right now too (business and personal reasons). So I guess I am covered there, unfortunately. I did have blood work done back in Nov. 04, but I didn't get to see the results myself. Can you just go into the doc and request bloodwork for no specific reason? I am sure they would wonder why I just wanted bloodwork done. How do most people get their bloodwork done in these situations? Thanks for the help!

darmadoc is offline Member
    I have a feeling that if you have the right symptoms, you can get HGH from an anti-aging clinic regardless of your levels. There is a wide variety in normal, and they will probably say that your levels (whatever they are) are too low for you. I'm not sure about HRT for test.

I should also mention that I have been taking NO2 (arginine) on and off for a while along with ZMA, 6oxo and Tribulus. And of course protein (muscle milk) and a good multi (Mega Men). I also take a mild ECA stack now and then for energy/weight management, but I have also been off that for about 6 weeks. I know that ZMA, 6oxo and Tribulus are for increasing Test levels, but the NO2 is *supposed* to help increase GH levels. I actually stopped taking the NO2, 6oxo, ZMA and Triibulus a few days ago just in case I was going to get some BW done. I don't know if any of these will dramatically spike GH or Test levels, but I know that I "feel" like I have more Test flowing right now and actually had a little acne on my back which tells me the Test boosters were probably doing something.
    Last edited by Teegunn; 02-07-2005 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darmadoc
    I have a feeling that if you have the right symptoms, you can get HGH from an anti-aging clinic regardless of your levels. There is a wide variety in normal, and they will probably say that your levels (whatever they are) are too low for you. I'm not sure about HRT for test.
    Hmm... What specific "symptoms" should I have?? I must admit that taking the NO2 and the ZMA/6oxo/tribulus stack helps with "wood". So my sex drive is a-ok! But I could always say it isn't, I suppose. But as far as stress - that I have in excess right now. Thanks for the response!

darmadoc is offline Member
    If you go to any of the anti-aging sites, they will have a list of the symptoms that HGH helps with. I'm sure those are the symptoms you are currently troubled with.

Quote Originally Posted by darmadoc
    If you go to any of the anti-aging sites, they will have a list of the symptoms that HGH helps with. I'm sure those are the symptoms you are currently troubled with.

Thanks darmadoc! Yep - I have no doubt I am stricken with many of the maladies consistent with low HGH levels! Thanks again.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teegunn
    Thanks darmadoc! Yep - I have no doubt I am stricken with many of the maladies consistent with low HGH levels! Thanks again.
    Your lethargy, periodic depression and short attention span are hindering your ability to perform the duties of your high pressure situation at work and in life.

Drop the ZMA and tribus a couple weeks before you go for you blood test. They don't really jack it up all that much, but give yourself the benifit of not having help.

The anti-aging places want to sell you stuff, they will help make it happen.

Make sure to get an invoice from them. Use the first sentence above when you submit the invoice to your insurance company for reimbursement. You may be very surprised to find that you now have a free source for HGH!

Duma is offline Associate Member
    nolvadex will decrease your igf-1 production....id think that it would negatively affect your hgh levels too....

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    where are these anti-aging places? are we talking locally in a town near you or what?
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    where are these anti-aging places? are we talking locally in a town near you or what?

Definitely NOT in a town near me! Not to give anything away, but my whole state is pretty "rural". Oasis is an anti-aging clinic that is sponsored by AR. There are many others. You can find them by googling. I talked to Oasis. They seemed like a good outfit. Their cost was around $10 iu for the generic brand of GH. I am still considering them even though I have found a source for about a third the price. But using a clinic makes everything legal, which is worth something to me at least.

aphex is offline New Member
    To lower endogenous GH, try taking a medication with moderate anticholinergic side effects, such as a tricyclic antidepressant, or many others (do a search).

The rationale for this is that acetycholinergic transmission is responsible for reducing the accumulation of somatostatin in the brain, which inhibits the GH secretion. Directly reducing somatostatin was the mechanism of the new drug successfully used in the recent fibromyalgia study showing that sufferers have a diminished GH response to exercise (again, do a search).

The cholinergic system is also the pathway by which Alpha GPC and Arginine purportedly induce GH release.

Short term common side effects of anticholinergic drugs are mainly dry mouth, mild constipation, anorgasmia and occasionally mental fog and blurry vision (cholinergic compounds like ALC and reminyl have the reverse effects). Having taken the former medications in the past for depression, I can assure you that for the short time you'd be taking them (one of them), the side effects would be *quite* tolerable, provided you do not exceed the dosages recommended for their respective indications (i.e. depression).

While Nolvadex , for example, may lower IGF-1, these are probably the best exogenous means of suppressing GH secretion itself.

This strategy, combined with a little sleep deprivation and feasting on high glycemic carbs (insulin suppresses GH release, as does low blood sugar potentiate it) should be your best bet.

Like one of the big dudes said, however, the clinics will make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by aphex
    To lower endogenous GH, try taking a medication with moderate anticholinergic side effects, such as a tricyclic antidepressant, or many others (do a search).

The rationale for this is that acetycholinergic transmission is responsible for reducing the accumulation of somatostatin in the brain, which inhibits the GH secretion. Directly reducing somatostatin was the mechanism of the new drug successfully used in the recent fibromyalgia study showing that sufferers have a diminished GH response to exercise (again, do a search).

The cholinergic system is also the pathway by which Alpha GPC and Arginine purportedly induce GH release.

Short term common side effects of anticholinergic drugs are mainly dry mouth, mild constipation, anorgasmia and occasionally mental fog and blurry vision (cholinergic compounds like ALC and reminyl have the reverse effects). Having taken the former medications in the past for depression, I can assure you that for the short time you'd be taking them (one of them), the side effects would be *quite* tolerable, provided you do not exceed the dosages recommended for their respective indications (i.e. depression).

While Nolvadex , for example, may lower IGF-1, these are probably the best exogenous means of suppressing GH secretion itself.

This strategy, combined with a little sleep deprivation and feasting on high glycemic carbs (insulin suppresses GH release, as does low blood sugar potentiate it) should be your best bet.

Like one of the big dudes said, however, the clinics will make it happen.

Wow - Thanks "doc" aphex! Although I will probably not need to worry about impressing the clinics now. Thanks for the info.

T
    Last edited by Teegunn; 02-26-2005 at 05:02 PM.

monkago2009 is offline New Member

Hey guys

Hey Guys for how long you have to use the Nolvadex to start to lower your Hgh? clinics charge you a lot just for the first visit. $2000 just for blood work and first visit.
    Also besides endocrinologists what other type of doctor can prescribe Hgh?
    Thanks

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    this thread is 7 years old. as far as i know hgh isnt going to lower your gh.
    any dr could tech prescribe it. 99.9% arent going to. there really isnt a medical need for an adult to be on it
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Thread Information