Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    marlin444 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    393

    Went hypoglycemic today

    i got out of the gym at 9:00, took my 10 iu slin shot and drank 100g of dextrose mixed into a power aide. then i had some half a pound of ham at 9:30. i ordered a meal to be delivered to me which would take baout an hour and fifteen minutes to get to me. it got to me in 1 hour, and i started munching down, but stopped because i got really lightheaded and dizzy. my vision was blurry, and i realized i was sweating profusly. i took out my glucose tabs and ate probibly close to 25 of them, and drank a bunch of dextrose (unsure of amount i figured id over kill to be safe....) about 15 minutes later, i was FREEZING and extreemly tiered. i was really confused the whole time, and not very aware of my surroundings. How Close was i from dieing? and why did it happen like this this time? normally i can get away with 70 grams of dex per 10 iu slin.

    I am using GH at 3 ius a day split twice daily, and the type of slin is Humolog.

  2. #2
    Gear's Avatar
    Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,795
    What you just said happens to me all the time. When you use Insulin you have to expect things like that to happen, everyone recats differently. However though, you were far from dieing. The distance from going into hypoglycemia depends on your daily activities, your BG level at the time and the amount of nutrients taken to keep out of hypo. Everyone knows their cumfy zone once they have experinced using Insulin a few times. Just be carefull.

    -Gear

  3. #3
    nsashbl's Avatar
    nsashbl is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    161
    You'll pass out before you die! My mother is a type 1 diebetic and I've been there through some pretty scary hypo's. First bad stage is acting really drunk, then passing out. At any major point, IV glucose is required. I've talked to many Endo about this. They told me that every hypo does brain and organ damage and it's like holding a loaded gun.

    I know two type 2 diabetics that brought their disease on by using slin.

    Just my .02

  4. #4
    statuZ's Avatar
    statuZ is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    in your brainz
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by nsashbl
    You'll pass out before you die! My mother is a type 1 diebetic and I've been there through some pretty scary hypo's. First bad stage is acting really drunk, then passing out. At any major point, IV glucose is required. I've talked to many Endo about this. They told me that every hypo does brain and organ damage and it's like holding a loaded gun.

    I know two type 2 diabetics that brought their disease on by using slin.

    Just my .02
    you know 2 people who got diabetes from using slin? thats very rare! did it run in the family?

  5. #5
    notus's Avatar
    notus is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    509
    So what could have been done to prevent this from happening?

  6. #6
    Gear's Avatar
    Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,795
    Quote Originally Posted by grady
    So what could have been done to prevent this from happening?
    Preventing going into hypoglycemia means not letting your BG drop too much. And to do that, you must have enough carbohydrates in your body, so your body can convert most of those carbohydrates into glucose, and feed of the glucose which gives us energy. The second your body has nothing to feed of (lack of carbohydrates in your body), is the second your BG drops, and that's when our energy starts to drop too. However, things can get worse like blurry vision, confusion, dizzyness and a few other common hypoglycemia symptoms. So to cut the long story short, if you have enough carbs in your body you should be fine. Hope that helped.

    -Gear

  7. #7
    darmadoc is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    568
    The problem is, once you pass out you can't take any more glucose. Your friends, coworkers, etc. are unlikely to have IV dextrose around. By the time they figure out your not just sleeping, drunk, joking, etc. and get EMS there, you are likely to have permanent neurological damage. This is very dangerous stuff.

  8. #8
    nsashbl's Avatar
    nsashbl is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    161
    To add to Gear's reply... Just start keeping an eye on your bg before you take slin. It will help you learn your body. If bg is to low the slin will drop it into hypo range.

    Good luck...

  9. #9
    nsashbl's Avatar
    nsashbl is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by darmadoc
    The problem is, once you pass out you can't take any more glucose. Your friends, coworkers, etc. are unlikely to have IV dextrose around. By the time they figure out your not just sleeping, drunk, joking, etc. and get EMS there, you are likely to have permanent neurological damage. This is very dangerous stuff.
    Yea, I have heard all this from my mom's endo's. I have been there for many of her bad hypo's. It's **** I never wish on anyone. That's the main reason I'll never **** with slin.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    the gym
    Posts
    4,195
    I'm curious as to wether or not his thread is exaggerated. If you took 100 grams of dextrose WITH powerade, then ate a whole meal about an hour later or so, I dont see why the symptoms were that bad. The only thing that I might question is how your blood sugar had been throughout the day before you took the shot. It may have been extrememly low all day and maybe you just reacted differently to it than usual. I can always feel slin after I take it, I almost always get sweaty, a little shaky and euphoric feeling, but never blurred vision like that. Was it Humulog or Humulin R??

  11. #11
    profbiv's Avatar
    profbiv is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    336
    I never went that bad but after the first hypo experience I downed a Pepsi and then the tabs.

  12. #12
    nsashbl's Avatar
    nsashbl is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    161
    I know from my mom's experience that everyone also reacts differently to carbs in foods. For example, my mom's bg reacts to fruit carbs much slower than any other simple carbs. It's all just learning your body I guess.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Colorado & California
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by nsashbl
    You'll pass out before you die! My mother is a type 1 diebetic and I've been there through some pretty scary hypo's. First bad stage is acting really drunk, then passing out. At any major point, IV glucose is required. I've talked to many Endo about this. They told me that every hypo does brain and organ damage and it's like holding a loaded gun.

    I know two type 2 diabetics that brought their disease on by using slin.

    Just my .02


    Does IGF-1 bring out diabetes the same way something like Humulin would?

  14. #14
    marlin444 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    I'm curious as to wether or not his thread is exaggerated. If you took 100 grams of dextrose WITH powerade, then ate a whole meal about an hour later or so, I dont see why the symptoms were that bad. The only thing that I might question is how your blood sugar had been throughout the day before you took the shot. It may have been extrememly low all day and maybe you just reacted differently to it than usual. I can always feel slin after I take it, I almost always get sweaty, a little shaky and euphoric feeling, but never blurred vision like that. Was it Humulog or Humulin R??
    Bro no exaggeration! thats the only reason i started this post. i decided to stop the slin until i get a bg moniter. I highly surgest that to anyone using slin after this experience.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •