Carth is offline Associate Member

Can this be helpful?

taking CLA and/or r-ALA during a slin cycle? btw....do us BB's really need stuff like CLA and/or r-ALA?

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Einy used R-ala with slin.... he has a post about it comparing the BG levels.... Its pretty cool. I am waiting to buy R-ala in bulk, and when I can I will use it.

Thanks bro. Anyone else? Need more input.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Not necessary but can be beneficial if combined with Insulin .

-Gear

So don't use it at all. But do use it prior to insulin shot???

And what CLA? Or both CLA and r-ALA?

Here, take a look at this:

IM insulin injections

-Gear

nsashbl is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carth
    taking CLA and/or r-ALA during a slin cycle? btw....do us BB's really need stuff like CLA and/or r-ALA?
    Hey Carth. I use R-ALA with my gh. I have experimented with and without and have much more stable blood sugar levels with the R-ALA. I only take it with simple carbs, otherwise I drive my sugar too low.

Hey bro! Long time no talk! Well, I take about 8ius of GH per day in the summer for about 4months straight. But the whole time I also eat very low carb diet and low glycemic foods. Last time I took r-ALA on a diet like this....it made me feel very weak. I guess kind of hypo. I wouldn't know because I never took my BG readings. So I had to stop taking the r-ALA and I felt better.

My concern in this thread is if I should take CLA and/or r-ALA for post workout when using Slin with GH or just Slin alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Carth
    Hey bro! Long time no talk! Well, I take about 8ius of GH per day in the summer for about 4months straight. But the whole time I also eat very low carb diet and low glycemic foods. Last time I took r-ALA on a diet like this....it made me feel very weak. I guess kind of hypo. I wouldn't know because I never took my BG readings. So I had to stop taking the r-ALA and I felt better.

My concern in this thread is if I should take CLA and/or r-ALA for post workout when using Slin with GH or just Slin alone.
    Grab a glucose meter, they are basically free. Just to help you understand your body better. Wallgreens brand ones are basically free, and the test strips are 1/2 that of any other company. Using slin, you really need one. (my brother didn't and ended up a type 2 diabetic)

I don't know any bro's using cla, some use r-ala, but most just control their sugar through diet. Good luck bro....

I do have a BG reader. How did your brother become diabetic? What happened? What were his BG readings like??? Help a bro out here. Lets learn from others mistakes.

Try and stay between 70mg/dl and 120mg/dl. Anything below 70 is considered as low BG, and anything above 120 is considered at high BG. Remember everyone reacts differently. You may feel hypo at 60 where as I might feel fine on 60. So its all about exeprimenting and finding your comofort zone. But generally speaking, most people should be safe at between 70 - 120mg/dl as stated above.

-Gear

For the ones that are using monitors that show readings in mmol/L, 70mg/dL - 120mg/dL = 3.8mmol/L - 6.6mmol/L. Thought I might add that part in inacse there is any confusion for the ones that have monitors that show readings in mmol/L.

-Gear

My brother never really told me the specifics on his usage. I know he used a good amount of gh and slin. He was kind of a "if some is good, more is better guy"! I only saw him once a year because he lived on the west coast. One year he was noticeably cleaner looking, leaner, etc. Shortly thereafter I find out he's a type 2 diabetic. Long story short, he died of a heart attack 2 years ago. When I was helping get his company and personal biz in order I went through years of personal emails. Found out a lot about his usage.

Unfortunatly, even after he was type 2, he still used slin for bb. I know this because I found slin in his gym bag. I also have a friend thats a 60 year old ex bb. He looks maybe 40, yet he's also a type 2 diabetic.

All I know for sure is that if you keep your blood sugar to high for to long, your pancrease is gonna get pissed. Then comes Diabetes. Slin and GH makes blood sugar harder to control, so it increases the chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Try and stay between 70mg/dl and 120mg/dl. Anything below 70 is considered as low BG, and anything above 120 is considered at high BG. Remember everyone reacts differently. You may feel hypo at 60 where as I might feel fine on 60. So its all about exeprimenting and finding your comofort zone. But generally speaking, most people should be safe at between 70 - 120mg/dl as stated above.

-Gear
    Yea, I generally feel hypo at 60 and below. At times I'm at like 80 and feel like ****, but I've come to find it is just dropping fast and in a few minutes is way low. With R-ALA and say an extra large pizza, I may hit 120. With out I can go as high as 140. But as you say, were all different and it's about learning your body....

Well, ususally when I wake up, the reader usually says 65. And the highest it has gone up for me was 110. And right now I'm eating around 100grams of high glycemic carbs per day ED! That is because I'm bulking. I've been doing this since December. And I'll keep doing the diet until the end of March. After that...I switch to a low carb ( between 175-200 grams per day ), low glycemic diet. And I'll do this from April all the way until the end of November.

So how did your brother die exactly? Heart attack? Why???? Why a heart attack? What caused this? Is there a history of illness in your family? Did he ever cycle the **** slin? Or was he on the stuff all the time?

He was actually a recovering addict. You name it, he's done it. He was clean and healthy, but his heart had had enough. The last few years of his life he was in top shape. There's just so much you can handle though. Using juice, even responsibly can take it's toll. It did with him. The corener could not believe the shape he was in and that he had a heart attack. But the autopsy showed that he had had a history of drug use. Even though we proved he died from natural causes, the ****ing life insurance company still denied our claim. So my 35yr old sister in law and 4 yr old niece were left with nothing!

Yes, he did cycle form the notes I read.....

Here's a pic taken a few weeks before he died.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can this be helpful?-lex-jr_crop.jpg  

That's one sad story nsashbl, sorry to hear. Don't worry about the insurance company bro, fu*k them.

-Gear

**** bro! That almost brought a tear to my eye. No lie! The wife and LITTLE GIRL got ****ed over by the ins. company!!! ****!!! ****ers!!!!

How old was your brother? And what kind of drugs was he on that caused the heart attack?

Thread Information