notus is offline Member

blood glucose test results, 55,95,116

I bought a glucose tester today so I could watch the readings for a couple of days to have a good Idea of what range my body usually operates in. I decided to try it tonight and my first reading was 55 so I thought that cant be right, my second reading 95, third reading 116.

These machines cannot be that unreliable (can they?) and my sugar levels would not of flucuated that much with 3 or 4 minutes.

The machine is calibrated right. The testor is called gluco dr.

What would you make of this? I do not want to start with a tester that is messed up.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    55 is fairly low, 95 and 116 is ok though. However, it is strange to get these different readings all within 3 - 4 minutes. It just doesn't seem right. Your BG can change dramaticlly within minutes, but this usually happens when your BG is really low at the time (eg. PWO). But if you just measured your BG during the day, there is no way your BG can go from 55 to 95 to 116 within minutes. It just doesn't make sense. Your BG may not be the same everyday as it depends on your nutrient intake and how active you are during the day.

-Gear

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    that's strange bro...here's a bump

notus is offline Member
    After taking a few more readings today I think the reason for the first low reading was because the blood was not completely drawn into the test strip. (this gluco-meter didnt come with any directions). I have not had anymore crazy readings.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    You need to apply the correct amount of blood and do not smear it. Abnormal application of blood will give wrong results. I would get another bg meter because yours is unreliable,mine if I smear or do something wrong will not give a reading but a error instead which is much better.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Glad you found the fault. The last thing you want to do is follow false readings.

-Gear

Thread Information