joevette is offline Banned

Can extra slin cause fat gain

Say you take a standard dose of 10ius of slin pwo with 65g of carbs. Now the general consensus is that all 65g will be shuttled to the muscles since that is a pretty low ammount of carbs per iu.

Now, for an exagerated example lets say you take 50ius of slin pwo (don't do this) and the same 6.5g/iu of carbs for a total of 325g of carbs. Since the carb to iu ratio is quite low would all 325g of carbs be shuttled to the muscles? Wouldn't that be way to much for the muscles to handle and thus cause the remainder to be shuttled to fat? Is there a limit to the ammount of carbs the muscles can handle? So where's the line, I see Gear uses 20ius pwo?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes 65g is a fairly low carbohydrate intake if you are using 10IU. Those 65g should all be shuttled with nothing left over which means no excess nutrients meaning no fat gain. However, low carbohydrate intake while using Insulin can be dangerous as it can lead to hypoglycemia. But I am sure you already know that, I just like to remind people. It's defenitly something to keep in mind.

Now, funny you ask that question as that's is something I was discussing with my doctor last week. He knows everything I do, and all the stuff I use to get to where I want to get to, so I am straight out honest with him, and even though he does not recomend what I do, he is a 100% supportive.

Anyway, I asked him, about how much Insulin and nutrients your body can take. I said, if I just keep on taking high doses of Insulin and a lot of carbohydrates, wouldn't this lead to a large amount of weight gain with nothing left over to be stored as fat, as the high intake of Insulin would use all those carbohydrates up? His answer was: "Nutrient wise, your body can only intake so much. And the left over Insulin will just lead to what it usually leads to PWO, low BG" He also said, "the more Insulin your body gets, the faster the reaction your body will get from it, and high doses would lead to such a fast reaction that your BG will drop so low before your body starts absorbing the nutrients to keep out of hypo. I guess this would lead one ending up in hospotal.

Taking high doses is simply not a good idea IMO. I would like to add that everyone has a different "dead end". Meaning, your body may be able to intake and absorb double the carbohydrates than mine. I assume this would depend on ones genetics, weight etc.

Yes I do use 20IU PWO. I thought 15IU was my max dose, but I like to push my limits. With me, when I use 15IU+, I always get fairly bad hypoglycemia symptoms, but because I know how I react at certain doses, I can control that. Experimenting with your body can be very dangerous as you don't know what to expect. Once you know how much your body can take, how much nutrients it needs and what to do in certain situations, the rest is a piece of cake. Pushing your limits with Insulin can be lethal. That is something I always think about when increasing the Insulin dose.

I hope that explained everything for you.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 02-24-2005 at 11:48 AM.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Great reply gear

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    Great reply gear
    Thanx bro. When I type, I tend to keep on going on and on. I really have to learn how to cut my stories short. People must get sick of reading my novels

-Gear

Thanks Gear, that's what I was looking for. I've gone as high as 16ius pwo before, but I got pretty fat. It wasn't neccessarily from the slin, though, I was still working out a few things with my diet. I think at that point I was eating 400-500g of carbs ed (including the dex for the slin) and that's just too much for where I'm at right now.

Yeah 6.5g/iu is pretty low, I was just using it as an example. The lowest I've been able to comfortably go is 7.5g/iu and that seems to keep me from gaining any fat.

Your fat storage from Insulin does not depand on the Insulin dose, instead, it depends on your nutrient intake. So if you are having too many carbohydrates after your Insulin shot, the excess nutrients will be stored as fat. Also, the fat gain could be from eating fat while Insulin is active. So it is defenitly one of the two.

Like I mentioned in my previous post regards to this thread, once you know how much your body can take, how much nutrients it needs and what to do in certain situations, the rest is a piece of cake. So it's all about finding the right/comfy zone.

-Gear

So, the problem with too much slin is that your body can't get enough carbs into the bloodstrem fast enough and you go hypo?

You really don't have to worry about your body not being able to absorb nutrients fast enough to keep out of hypoglycemia. If that was the case, you would have to take a ridiculous amount of Insulin (which would totally be beyond doses we use these days). Our body is able to absorb the amount of carbohydrates we intake for the amount of Insulin we use these days. But if you are wondering about high doses of Insulin, then there are 2 things you must take into consideration.

1) "Your body can only intake so much nutrients". (as mentioned above)

2) "The more Insulin your body gets, the faster the reaction your body will get from it, and high doses would lead to such a fast reaction that your BG will drop so low before your body starts absorbing nutrients to keep out of hypo". Is that clear now?

-Gear

Thanks, got it.

Thread Information