EJA1979 is offline New Member

IGF-1 Long vs. IGF-1 Analog resistance?

Hello,

Haven't posted in a while.....I used to know the answer to this Question, but i been outta the game so long i forgot. Anyways, we all know IGF-1r3 Long needs to be cycled cuz the body develops antibodies for it. I forgot if the same is true with just plain old IGF-1 analog? Does that need to be cycled too.....or can you use it as long as you want without it losing effectivness? Thanks.

E

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    I dont think its something to worry about as IGF-1 is very very hard to come by...

I would just use LR3 for 6 weeks... everything should be cycled anyway IMO

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EJA1979
    Hello,

Haven't posted in a while.....I used to know the answer to this Question, but i been outta the game so long i forgot. Anyways, we all know IGF-1r3 Long needs to be cycled cuz the body develops antibodies for it. I forgot if the same is true with just plain old IGF-1 analog? Does that need to be cycled too.....or can you use it as long as you want without it losing effectivness? Thanks.

E
    This point is debatable. The phenomenon you are referring to is the sharply diminshed gains beyond 4-5 weeks of IGF-1 LR3. The theory was that either the receptors were being downregulated, or antibodies were destroying the compound. There is evidence to back the first theory, but not the second, so the current belief is that the declining efficacy of IGF-1 LR3 is due to the downregulation of receptors.

This should be common to IGF-1 and LR3. Beyond that, due to the short, short half-life of IGF-1, the multiple doseages needed to be effective are several magnitudes higher than the corresponding dose of LR3. Therefore, even though IGF-1 is available at, say, 1/4-1/6 the price of LR3 mg/mg - it is still not economically or practically as feasible, as Mr. Sparkle pointed out.

EJA1979 is offline New Member

thanks

Thanks for the replies....i'm asking about plain analog IGF-1 because i want to do site specific enhancement....IGFlr3 is systemic....meaning it can attach to any IGF-1 receptor in the body......where as analog IGF only attaches where you inject it....i just want to try and augment some lagging body parts....dont want the big belly either......regular igf-1 isnt that hard to come by, you can by it straight from the manufacturer......

e

Thread Information