BrownBomber is offline Member

A Few Slin Questions....?

Fellas,

I plan on taking Humalog, PW only, during my next cycle. I have a few questions I would like to ask you.........

1) Isn't it A LOT more dangerous injecting Slin IM as compared to SubQ? I know its in and out of your system faster, but I also read you never know when its going to spike. However, if I consumed a shake w/ the proper amt. of carbs right after my shot, I'd be safe correct? Or could it peak 30 min after I took my shake?

2) Where do you shot the Slin IM?

3) If you do notice signs of going Hypo how many carbs should you consume? Take in a 100 grams or 10 grams?

4) During your PPWO meal do you take the same amt. of carbs in as your PW shake?

Thanks
    BB

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Insulin is very diet dependant. This means you need the right kind of nutrients at right time(s) to both keep you out of hypo and give you quality gains. So, if nutrient intake is right and at right times, I don't see how you would go hypo.

When I take Insulin IM, I shoot it in my bicept as there is not much skin there, therefore most of the needle would get into the muscle. This is how I know that the Insulin is in the muscle. Injecting in your bicept with an Insulin syringe is easy too, and that is another reason why I choose to inject it in that spot.

If you start feeling hypoglycemia symptoms you don't have to measure your carbohydrate intake, instead you simply keep on eating carbs till you start feeling better. Once you think symptoms have dissapeared, then you may stop intaking carbs.

For you PPWO meal, because at that time Insulin is actually decreasing as its on its way to leave your system (but is still active(hardly)), I would not intake as much nutrients as when Insulin is peaking or PWO. I usually have a combination of 40g carbohydrates and 50g protein.

Hope that cleared up a few things for you.

Good luck.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 02-26-2005 at 01:10 PM.

BrownBomber is offline Member
    Excellent info. bro on bothe of my posts!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    BB

Ironman5151 is offline Associate Member
    I have quick question...On the IM shot into the biceps, you don't pinch the skin like you do on sub-q injections... you just inject right into bicep/tricep/etc., right? I think i'm right..I tried searching but i never found anything that said so, inless i'm blind. Just wanted to make sure...just wanted to clear it before i take my first shot...thanks

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    No, shoot it like you would any other gear...

Pinching of the skin is sub-c anyway...

Thread Information