IRONATE is offline New Member

how to use slin to my advantage

I just found out I'm a diabetic.Seeing how I juice and have to take insulin anyway.How can I work this into my cycles I've been working out for 13yrs now and I juiced for a few years and stopped for 2yrs due to a back injury.I've been on the sauce again for a year. I'm currently 5'11" 220 at 14%bf(I packed on a little winter coat.)My doc has me on 3-13iu(depending on blood sugar) of humalog before meals,and 5iu of lantis before bed.I've done some research but I wanted to get some advice from someone who use's it.Any info would be greatly appreciated

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Hi IRONATE

I really don't think it's a good idea for anyone that's a diebetic to use Insulin for BB purposes. The doses given by your doctor is what you should stick by. Modifying doctors prescribed doses can lead one to more of a unhealthier state.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Hi IRONATE

I really don't think it's a good idea for anyone that's a diebetic to use Insulin for BB purposes. The doses given by your doctor is what you should stick by. Modifying doctors prescribed doses can lead one to more of a unhealthier state.

-Gear
    I understand what your saying.What I want to know is,when to take it so that it will work to my advantage.I don't really play with the dose.

If you are diabetic, I am under the impression that there are certain times you are supposed to take your Insulin . You even said it yourself, your doctor has you on certain doses at certain times ("x" amount before meals and before bed time).

Now, Insulin is best PWO, so I am assuming that your doctor would not approve of you taking Insulin at this time (PWO), instead only at times as prescribed (before meals and before bed time). Modifying these times (meaning taking Insulin PWO instead of before/after dinner or both) can lead one to an unhealthier state also.

Taking Insulin any other time apart from PWO wouldn't really be beneficial and would only lead to fat gain. So for example, if you were to take Insulin at dinner (as prescribed) but take more Insulin than usual, this would not be beneficial because of the dose timing. Stick to PWO only, and you can't do that as PWO doses are not suitable for you.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 03-02-2005 at 02:15 AM.

Just stick to your diet and training bro. At the end of the day, that is the key. Perhaps you could use other AAS for further enhancing, but that's up to you. Insulin doesn't really bring major gains anyway, it only allows your body to absorb more nutrition than usual faster, which can lead to higher chances of weight and strength gain further down the track. No big deal, your not missing out on much.

Good luck.

-Gear

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONATE
    I understand what your saying.What I want to know is,when to take it so that it will work to my advantage.I don't really play with the dose.

You said you just found out you are diabetic, well you will get VERY used to slin and its effects in due time, and from there you can kind of critique your dosages to use it to your advantage, but I would definately wait a while if you do it at all. As long as you understand slin and its effects you will be able to maximize its benefits while just using it the way your doc prescribed, you will have to eat cleaner though (less fat) most of the time

I appreciate everyone's help.what I was ketting at was like immediately after I work out, take my slin,by followed by something high in carbs and my creatine,(which is scheduled anyway)then about a half hour to an hour later consume a well balanced meal.To cram my muscles with nutrients.I wouldn't mess with the amount of insulin I'm supposed to take.My doc has me on 200mgs of cyp a week as well all I'm gonna add is deca to the mix and I think I should be good.

If your prescribed dose time is PWO, then simply stick to taking Insulin at times as prescribed (PWO). However, I would not mess around with the doses, I would stick to prescribed doses.

Good luck.

-Gear

Thanx for everything boy's.I'm gonna follow your advice like you said spound untill untill I get used to it.Thanx again Gear.

Mike

Thread Information