bransun is offline Junior Member

Insulin in the AM

Hey guys..what is everyones opinion on using slin in the am..if i workout at night...Reason I ask is..I work till 7 pm at night and unfortunaltly i dont make it to the gym till about 8 .if i get out somewhere around 9..or after...its pretty much to late for me to shoot slin..I do use humalog wich leaves the system faster but i wont feel safe shooting slin lets say at 9:30 than going to bed between 11:30 and 12 ?...what are your opinions on that?...and since i cant do it inthe P.M do you figure my best bet would to be A.M injects...?..thanks ...bran

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    it would fight catabolism in the Am but you ould hav to be very carefull of fat gain. Also, you really have not broke down anything except what you worked the prior night and the purpose of slin is to shuttle butrients at that time. I would be taking on protein with a AM inject and maybe a light carb. just my .02
    abstrack@protonmail.com

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    BTW.. I have done them before I and have found no significant gain except in my waiste line. Now I just keep them to PWO.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    If you are not on AAS, Insulin in the AM can be beneficial to stave of catabolism. Otherwise, I would stick to PWO only.

If you shoot Insulin IM at 9:30pm, you should be safe going to bed at 12. But that's only if you shoot IM. That is plenty time for Insulin to leave your system because when you shoot IM, the on-set and active period times are even shorter (active period time is about half of Sub-Q time, so about 2.5 - 3hrs max).

I don't see the problem, good luck.

-Gear

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    I usually have to work out at night as well - 9:30-10:00. I usually go to bed around 1 with no problems. But then again, I don't push my limits with slin - have never gone over 10ius, never had a real hypo episode.

Since I'm always home during this time, it's really easy to manage. If I start getting lightheaded or feeling something like the beginning of a alcohol buzz, I just take a little more dextrose. No worries.

I know this schedule isn't optimal, because there are carbs in my last 2 meals of the day, right before bed, but oh well.

I know you want to be safe, and you want your body to have enough nutrients to keep out of hypo, but be carefull with your carb intake right before bed as they can be stored. I usually have a protein shake with some healthy fats prior bed time. Just a hint for you, but you do whatever is working for you best.

-Gear

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    I know, bro - I don't like doing it, but most days, my schedule does not leave me much choice. I usually have to work out late. And yes, I have been storing a little bit of fat away...

Better safe than sorry I suppose.

-Gear

bransun is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the info guys...guess ill have to manage my time and see what works best for me..i used to shoot ti PW at night..but i felt guilty eating all those carbs and then goin to bed..

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    BTW.. I have done them before I and have found no significant gain except in my waiste line. Now I just keep them to PWO.

Ditto, i just noticed some fat gain and my muscles would be really full in the am

Thread Information