Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why?

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member

Why?

I have a question for the GH/SLIN/IGF users:

How many cycles did you have 'under your belt' before using and why did you decide to use any or all of the above?

I ask because we seem to have a hell of a lot of people utilizing them.

I personally decided when I got in this game that I would hold off until I felt I was not getting the results I wanted from AAS. Years later I still have not reached that point yet. (IMO)

(You will also notice that because I have not used GH/SLIN/IGF that I refrain from posting in this forum. )

Just curious, no right or wrong answers.

D

BDTR is offline Retired
    I was gonna post this a few days ago but forgot. I'm curious as to why so many people are running these compounds. I have 9 years of cycling under my belt and didn't dive into this for atleast 5 years of cycling.

These are tools that are used to reach over platues that AAS may have, but I see people 180 lbs on their first cycle using slin/igf and GH... I dont know, I guess my thoughts are kind of old school on the subject.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Well for myself I only have one cycle under my belt and that was last summer. It was not evan a bulking but closer to a cutting one. I wanted to see where my body was and how it would respond. Diet was basically left unchanged. For me, I am pretty close to my genetic potential and think the whole weight issue is kinda mute regarding when one can take aas. We are all not naturally 200+lb people, and I totally agree a person who is 165 lbs and been training only one year let alone does not evan know how to read the nutrition lables on food and their family kin are all big. Using rHGH for myself is mostly to help with hyperplasia, anti -aging, and some serious medical issues I have. Currently use it with slin/ test cyp for HRT only 100mg a week. The slin was recent just to see its effects. Never used igf.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Using rHGH for myself is mostly to help with hyperplasia, anti -aging, and some serious medical issues I have.

Understandable........

BDTR is offline Retired
    I understand why people use it for anti-aging, i dont understand when novices are running slin/igf/hgh and a plethora of other advanced substances.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I understand why people use it for anti-aging, i dont understand when novices are running slin/igf/hgh and a plethora of other advanced substances.
    That is the direction I was looking to go in with this thread.

dutchman718 is offline Junior Member
    i have done three pevious cycles over the last 6 years. Been lifting for abot 8 (last 3 pretty serious) My reason for GH was mainly drug testing, although now they are able to test for it. As far as slin, I personally would never mess with it, and igf; i don't know much about.

dutchman718 is offline Junior Member
    I do use it alone and was planning to stay on only for 6-9 months, i am on my rd month now, and just had a hernia opeation 4 days ago. I have lowered my dosage and am usig it to aid in recovey.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I really don't think there is a wrong or right answer to this but I will give you my point of view.

I have done a fair few AAS/Insulin cycles, never done GH or IGF, but the reason why I have used the compounds that I have is simply because my passion for bodybuilding will lead me to try anything that may enhance what I love doing the most. Another reason, because I feel I can use these drugs safely as I'm educated enough about them. I was training naturally for years before I even touched anything.

If you really can't hold of on using enhancing drugs, then I do agree that enhancing drugs as such should be used when you reach your natural peak, but everyone jumps the gun. At the end of the day, we all know what we do is not healthy. If you are using certain compounds prescribed by a doctor due to an illness, then fair enough.

My theory is, do what you like as long as you know what you are doing and are educated enough about it, and as long as you are not harming anyone else.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 03-08-2005 at 08:13 AM.

Gear -

I agree there are no right or wrong answers to my question......Just curiosity..

How many AAS cycles had you run before incorporating slin?

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    ive never run hgh or igf-1, but im looking into both of them. i started cycling in '96,when i was 22, and i have run about six cycle since then. i started using slin simply out of curiosity, as i do research in pharmacology and i could see the potential for muscle growth in the insulin pathway. after my first run with it i decided that i will never do a cycle without it again, as my gains were nothing short of amazing. on my cycle before slin i put on about 15 pounds, on my first cycle with slin i put on closer to 30 pounds.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    I feel if you have more tools in your toolbox the more work you can acomplish. I you are using your head and paying attention to your body, utilize it all. Igf has made a big differance in the quality of my muscles, and a strogner response to aas

How many AAS cycles had you run prior to adding in IGF?

Titan1 is offline Member
    well i had more then 5 cycles under my belt when i used gh and i did it because i wanted the positive effects of gh and i was curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    How many AAS cycles had you run prior to adding in IGF?
    3 Or 4

Interesting....

I have run many cycles and have just started HGH for the first time for HRT purposes.

I have not as of yet gotten into slin,igf. I just haven't found it necessary yet. I am amazed at the number of young people with very little actual experience delving into all of these compounds. Especially at 180lbs and such.......

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    the reason i looked into igf-1 was for PCT help. I just wanted to try an keep as much of my gains.

Gear -

I agree there are no right or wrong answers to my question......Just curiosity..

How many AAS cycles had you run before incorporating slin?
    Not many at all, perhaps 4 or 5. Even though I trained naturally for years, just out of curiosity, my eduaction regards to Insulin /AAS started many years ago when I first started training. Back then I was curious about that sort of stuff and was sure I would never try it. I changed my mind many years later.

-Gear

Angelis is offline Banned
    I have run two cycles before one was a big mistake and had everything wrong with it (got sides, no gains, I think I actually lost muscle) but none the less it was a cycle. I am about to run slin (Humalog) in a couple months.

I may wish to add when using these compounds I constantly monitor my blood pressure, glucose and in fact have both machines on my living room dining table and during the evening my wife is my nurse. Also, I get a complete blood work panel as well as a physical exam like checking for enlarged prostate ect.. In another words like Gear said one must be educated enough and not just looking for a quick fix. Using advance gear one needs to be mature, smarter and responsible not taking it for vanity reasons.
    Last edited by bluethunder; 03-08-2005 at 11:26 AM. Reason: adding

Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo
    Interesting....

I have run many cycles and have just started HGH for the first time for HRT purposes.

I have not as of yet gotten into slin,igf. I just haven't found it necessary yet. I am amazed at the number of young people with very little actual experience delving into all of these compounds. Especially at 180lbs and such.......
    I was 235 when I tried it last year. I stayed 235 but got alot leaner

CPT,

Slin or GH?

CPT,

Slin or GH?

Igf... I will use slin/igf during my cutting cycle this spring

I gotta tell ya, I'm still on the fence with slin. It's strange because I'll do anything in the AAS world without hesitation, but slin is messing with my head.???

I gotta tell ya, I'm still on the fence with slin. It's strange because I'll do anything in the AAS world without hesitation, but slin is messing with my head.???

It has some great qualities that you cant get from aas. It also has some nastysides if used incorrectly. Serious fat gain hypogylcemia etc. But the pros way out the cons for me. Good chance to gain a little lbm even while cutting, staying anabolic while cutting, not going flat while cutting. But its all personal choice... Obviously

I think slin scares me more than anything else out there.

Bro, Insulin is so over-rated. And especially if you know what you are doing, it's a piece of cake.

-Gear

My training partner has his pro-card and is definately a player in the BB world and is steering me away. basically he feels that it is not necessary if everything else is done properly. But, I hear so much that is supposedly positive that I am now thoroughly screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Bro, Insulin is so over-rated. And especially if you know what you are doing, it's a piece of cake.

-Gear
    I hear you and technically, I know this but for some reason..........

Your friend that is a pro is just trying to look out for you by steering you away from it. Good on him, good friend.

-Gear

but for some reason..........
    .......because you always hear side effects such as people becoming Insulin dependant (rare IMO), people falling into diabetic comas due to low carbohydrate intake (rare IMO), people not waking up as they were asleep while Insulin was active (rare IMO), people passing out at gym due to pre training doses (rare IMO). All possible, but for those to happen you would really have to be clueless about what you are doing, and I'm sure anyone with half a brain will educate themselfs a little bit at least before using drugs as such.

Maybe that's why Insulin scares you. If I never used Insulin and heard all those it would scare the hell out of me too. All good bro.

-Gear

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I will never EVER touch slin. I am on my 2nd cycle of GH. Besides HRT reasons, I am having issues with AS. I can do 2g of test and not gain one single pound of water weight, nor do I even respond well to AS anymore. I haven't even done that many cycles, but I want to see what happens if I add GH to the mix. I have HORRIFIC genetics. I also like the other factors of GH like "anti aging" benefits.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh and I love the "mental well being" I get from GH as well. I just feel so good, and I never get sick while on it!!!!

I think the first one is my major issue as I have Diabetics in my family and I have had issues with low blood sugar levels to the point where I would pass out.

I think the first one is my major issue as I have Diabetics in my family and I have had issues with low blood sugar levels to the point where I would pass out.
    I now totally understand where you are coming from. Thanx for the explenation.

-Gear

indica is offline Banned
    Why im going to do gh is that this is going to be my last cycle so i want to put in everything available to get as much out of this as possible. This is my 3rd cycle and i have gained a lot of muscle but i have lost it all due to unhealhty living. I have been training on n off for about 10years but i was on heroin and lots of other **** untill 5 years ago(24/3 -00) i kicked that shhit and has stayed off it since. Now i have got me 2 kids and want to kick all other stuff and just be a father to my kids and dont have to worry about laws and that kinda trouble. So this will be my last final ultimate cycle!!

spound is offline Anabolic Member

Are you hypoglycemic? If so, yea, its prob. not the best idea for you to use slin. And I understand where you are coming from, but when Gear said, "slin is sooo over-rated" I have to agree with him if you know what you are doing. I have had no problems with it, eventhough I have only used it once, I have only gotten minor hypo, and then i drink some dexstrose and I am fine within a matter of a few minutes, but it has never gotten scary, and even if it did, I would know exactly what to do. I have done slin only once, about a year ago on my third cycle, and i only did it during PCT. My whole purpose was just to keep my gains, which I did. I even gained 2 lbs. during PCT. I plan on using it next winter for my bulker or maybe even to keep me full this summer when I am cutting, as I hate being flat from carb depletion. It makes me feel wayy too small and then I stop cutting. I prob. won't think about HGH for many more years....too expensive IMO anyways. I get slin for free from a diabetic friend.
    Last edited by spound; 03-08-2005 at 12:39 PM.

BINGO!! Your better off just taking ala and chromium as supps.

Quote Originally Posted by indica
    Why im going to do gh is that this is going to be my last cycle so i want to put in everything available to get as much out of this as possible. This is my 3rd cycle and i have gained a lot of muscle but i have lost it all due to unhealhty living. I have been training on n off for about 10years but i was on heroin and lots of other **** untill 5 years ago(24/3 -00) i kicked that shhit and has stayed off it since. Now i have got me 2 kids and want to kick all other stuff and just be a father to my kids and dont have to worry about laws and that kinda trouble. So this will be my last final ultimate cycle!!
    Good for you, as your experience can help others. Now go play daddy

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Diabetes in my family too, slin is scary to me as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information