Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member

Insulin only, to get a feel for it.

I have no where near enough knowledge to use insulin yet, but I have been doing some reaserch and plan to use some in the next few years. I was wondering though, would it be a good idea to run insulin by itself to start so I can see how my body reacts and get a feel for what to do to maximize my gains, and minimize my chance of side effects?? From the information I have read it sounds to me that insulin does work on its own but works much better in conjunction with AAS (orals and oils) but I dont think that just trowing a POTENTIALLY dangerous drug into a AAS cycle and seeing how it goes is such a good idea. So I guess my question is that would it be better to fine tune isulin use and then stack it with an AAS cycle or just start using slin with AAS right away?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Honestly, I don't think running slin on cycle is any more dangerous than running it off, bro. I can't think of a single reason why it would be.

The important thing, IMO, is just to ease into it. I started at 4iu, and just increased by 1iu at a time to get a feel for it. Get a glucose meter and some strips to really play it safe.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Hi testsubject, glad you are willing to do a bit of research before using something such as Insulin , a very wise idea rather.

Running Insulin by itself is fine. Insulin can be ran by itself or it can be combined with AAS (which you already know by your research). It seems to have more of an effect when combined with AAS though. But if you are loooking at using Insulin, I think its a great idea to start of using Insulin alone just to get a feel of it, and to get used to what it does to you, and the doses. Then in future when you think you are confident enough to use Insulin again, you could perhaps combine it with AAS.

Just keep in mind that Insulin is very diet dependant for both benefits and and minimum side effects. If your diet is not right don't bother using Insulin as quality gains will not appear and side effects may rise. So to get good results with Insulin, your diet needs to be in tact, and if your diet is fine then there should be no sides. Thought I might add that part in.

-Gear

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, bro - Gear and Mr. S. have run more slin than I have, so I would take their advice. Personally, my first run at slin was with test, but like I said - I took it very slow and paid attention to the signals my body was giving me.

What Gear said about diet was key - take that to heart. Make sure the diet is dialed in. Peace.

Because youre not going to run it for a while... Just sit back and read and read. IMO it doesnt make a difference if youre on a cylce or not... as long as you are not using anything that messes with your glucose levels... good luck bro... there are a lot of smart bros in this forum that will be more than happy to help you out!

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Right on, thanks guys.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm running Humalog with just creatine and glutamine for 4 weeks and then again with my cycle in about 2 months.

Angelis is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    I'm running Humalog with just creatine and glutamine for 4 weeks and then again with my cycle in about 2 months.
    Hey jersey let me know how that goes... I am gonna try this kinda thing in about a month

I'm pretty happy with it so far. It's been about two weeks and I gained five pounds the first five days. Obviously it's water weight. I haven't seen anymore weight gain in the second week but I did clean up my diet a lot. (no more ice cream, soda, etc.) I have used slin before but not at this dosage. I'm up to 10iu's PWO and plan on keeping it there. Just started shooting IM because twice now I felt symptoms of Hypo about 2 hours after injection. This is my test run so to speak on Humalog since it has been so long since I've used slin. I started running 2iu's Jintropin 6 on 1 off about two weeks ago also. My AAS cycle will start May 1st.

Angelis is offline Banned
    Bro you where eating Ice cream and soda on insulin ur brave and thats not water weight its fat...

And the reason u feel hypo 2 hours after is bcs that is when humalog is most active take a look. at the attachment.

(and if anyone knows how I can post pics in the thread instead of just attachments let me know I dont know how to do it)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Insulin only, to get a feel for it.-time_activity.gif  

Vitor Ennnergy is offline Junior Member
    Just once I did slin humalog with a cycle ...
    Gone for 04 up to 10 units post workout , ate right simple carbs (about 10 g for each unit of slin) then more carbs after 30 minutes and so on..
    Some kind of hipo feelings in my case was present every time and it is bad feeling.
    Unfortunately i didnīt like the results. Got some weight gain but really not quality muscle as i was expecting.
    just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitor Ennnergy
    Unfortunately i didnīt like the results. Got some weight gain but really not quality muscle as i was expecting.
    Yeah where is the protein?

dr_ma is offline Junior Member
    I have found great results doing just a small amount of AAS and insulin . When I say small I mean 100 mg/ week of deca or test e. I think an even smaller dose would work too. My feeling is that insulin, used properlly has less sides than AAS. The AAS is only there to activate the insulin. This makes for quick easy cycles that are very easy to recover from. All the gains are solid and 100% keepable.

I many will disagree with this, but for me it works great and its cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    Bro you where eating Ice cream and soda on insulin ur brave and thats not water weight its fat...

And the reason u feel hypo 2 hours after is bcs that is when humalog is most active take a look. at the attachment.

(and if anyone knows how I can post pics in the thread instead of just attachments let me know I dont know how to do it)
    Bro, I wasn't eating ice cream and drinking soda while I was on insulin. I cleaned up my diet well before I started the slin. Actually I have lost some fat around the waist in the past couple weeks. I have a very fast metabolism so no I'm not too concerned about gaining fat.
    Also I feel that shooting IM and shortening the window in which the slin is active solved the problem of delayed hypo symptoms. I always have a bottle of glucose tabs with me so it wasn't really a big problem anyway.
    Last edited by jerseyboy; 03-11-2005 at 06:37 AM.

Thread Information