cryptkeeper is offline New Member

Question 3 quick questions for 1st time slin user

just bought a small bottle of humulin R and it says:

100units per ml 10ML total

so if i wanted to draw 4 iu for my first time, would this be only 2 lines full on a 100u insulin needle?

and 10iu would equal the 10 mark on the insulin needle?

also, do you store it in the fridge, or just a cool dry place?
    thanks

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired

Exclamation whoa whoa WHOA Ms. Lippy!

Quote Originally Posted by cryptkeeper
    just bought a small bottle of humulin R and it says:

100units per ml 10ML total

so if i wanted to draw 4 iu for my first time, would this be only 2 lines full on a 100u insulin needle?

and 10iu would equal the 10 mark on the insulin needle?

also, do you store it in the fridge, or just a cool dry place?
    thanks
    Yes

yes

fridge...

And dont use humalin R.... use humalog. And because you are asking these simple questions really scares the hell out of me. I think uou need to read and research a ton more... this stuff can kill you... dont take it lightly becuase there are guys here that use it. Done properly its safe... but you have to be eduacated to do it safly...

-MS

i appreciate the concern and have def done my research for a while now, just wanted to be 200% sure cuz im nervous for my 1st time. i would prefer humalog but in the US you need a script so wouldnt know how to get that out of my doc. :-)

Once again I dont want to come off as an ass..... BUT I dont think you have done enough research.... as those were VERY simplistic questions....

Get log from our northern neighbor

peyton18 is offline Junior Member
    i dont take slin but my mom does (diabetes) keep it in the fridge bro...def.

i hear you sparkle, i will be very careful.there was actually something in the paper today about the fda cracking down on people who get prescriptions from our northern neighbor. they said that 13,000 in meds have been seized so far in the mail. they call these drugs potentially dangerous cuz theyre not fda approved(hence, the fda makes no loot off them:-D) by the way, is that prince xizor in your avatar?

dr_ma is offline Junior Member
    next time get the smaller needles. Like the 3/10 ml. They are alot easier to dose smaller amounts.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    If this is your first time with Insulin , I recomend using Humalog. Humalin-R's on-set time is longer than Humalog's therefore you would have to inject prior to finishing training (which must be well timed). The active period is longer than Humalog's also which means you have to watch you diet intake for longer. To me, all this is a bit too much for a beginner. Where as with Humalog you can take Insulin immidietly PWO instead of prior finishing training, and watch you nutrient intake for 4hrs (Sub-Q) instead of 6 - 8. Much easier, but its up to you.

The U100 syringers are marked in IU so they are easy to use/measure. Yes keep your Insulin in the fridge.

Good luck.

-Gear

I've ran slin about 4 or 5 times before, and I dont think it's even worth it without GH. The gains will be minimal compared to a good cycle.

currently on 4IU GH daily along with 50mcg t3 for 6weeks so far, this will be the next thing i add in for a 4wk stretch along with a clen /ketotifen combo.

Quote Originally Posted by cryptkeeper
    currently on 4IU GH daily along with 50mcg t3 for 6weeks so far, this will be the next thing i add in for a 4wk stretch along with a clen/ketotifen combo.
    Have you looked into benadryl instead of keto? way cheaper...

dr_ma is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    The U100 syringers are marked in IU so they are easy to use/measure. Yes keep your Insulin in the fridge.

Good luck.

-Gear
    3/10 ml insulin needles are also marked in IU's. It just has 30 IU's total instead of 100 IU's. You will get a more accurate dosase using a syringe that is smaller.

OneEyedJohnny is offline Junior Member
    Syringe Types
    insulin needles are most typically available in these forms:

U-50=50iu's=0.5ml
    U-100=100iu's=1.0ml

a less common insulin syringe is

U-30=30iu's=0.3ml

Glucose Monitoring
    I advise spending the extra cash and buying a blood glucose monitor from your local pharmacy and monitoring your glucose levels at the following intervals after administration:

Type R - 30mins, 2hrs, 4hrs, 6hrs
    Log - 15mins, 30mins, 2hrs, 4hrs

The extra cash you spend for a monitoring device, test strips, and lancets are worth your LIFE! Get some glucose tablets and keep them with your glucose monitor. Start low with your insulin dosage (2-4iu's) and slowly work your way up in 1-2iu increments, while monitoring your glucose levels at these intervals ... you will find that 8-10iu's will be your maximum dosage. Some people use up to 15iu's but they have been doing this a long time and probably have the benefit of going hypoglycemic, so they know what the onset of hypoglycemia feels like and what symptoms to look for, this dosage is strongly discouraged, especially for a novice. Remember to cycle your insulin for short periods of 3-4 weeks with an equal amount of off cycle time, insulin can cause you to become a diabetic and if you suppress your endogenous insulin production for too long it can become permanent. Insulin usage is a VERY risky undertaking, anabolics are a safer option for attaining your goals, but if you must, please use these guidelines. Never inject prior to working out, as exercise increases insulin sensitivity due to glycogen stores being used up and your body attempting to restore those stores of glycogen as you use them up ... PWO is the best time to use insulin as it transports vital nutrients into the muscle cell that aids in anabolism and recovery. When you find the dosage that suits you, you can decrease your blood glucose monitoring ... but still keep your monitor handy as that is the only diagnostic tool for assessing if you are becoming hypoglycemic. Classic hypoglycemic symptoms, such as clammy skin, shakiness, increased respirations, disorientation/confusion, etc., are not effective ways of assessing hypoglycemia as they can be easily confused with symptoms of anxiety. If your level begins to fall below 60 quickly consume some fast acting carbs such as those glucose tablets, cola, or table sugar because it will begin to drop very fast. Until you are comfortable with this procedure, always have someone with you that is aware that you are using insulin and educate them to feed you the gluc tabs/soda/sugar if you become disoriented or confused and to call 911 ASAP! That is why it is best to start low and work your way up to your "comfortable" dosage ... it avoids this embarrassing situation of being hauled into the ER. I recently started an IGF cycle and did my normal 10iu's mistakenly out of habit before my wife was heading out to work, I felt hypogylcemic and didn't feel comfortable staying at home alone, so I had my wife drop me off at the ER so my fellow co-workers could monitor my glucose levels ... needless to say my pride was a little hurt but at least I knew I was safe instead of sitting by myself at home.

Carb Consumption
    Carbohydate consumption is important at the time of injection, novices should always consume 10 GRAMS of carbohydrates for each IU of insulin injected along with your normal dosage of creatine ... this should be done immediately after working out. Within 15 minutes you should consume your protein shake, preferably whey since it has the highest bioavailability (ie absorption rate) and will be transported into your muscle cell quickly, along with the creatine. You should consume a complex carb/protein MEAL approximately 2 hours later, but a little earlier wouldn't hurt until you become comfortable with your insulin dosage and carb consumption.

Storage
    Insulin can be stored in a cool, dry place at a temperatures under 86F for up to a month before the peptide begins to degrade. It is good for up to 3 months if stored at refridgerator temps from above freezing temperatures to about 40F, but some state it is still effective up to 1 year later, but insulin is cheap and easily obtained from your local pharmacy ... to ensure potency these guidelines should be followed. Old insulin still works, but is not as effective ... if you use old weak insulin, then the next time you get a new bottle you could overdose your insulin or under dose your carbohydrate intake and cause a hypoglycemic state accidentally which could be dangerous, especially if you have become comfortable enough to not have someone around with you when it happens. DO NOT store insulin in the freezer, it will damage the peptide rendering it ineffective.

IV Usage, NOT ADVISED
    Insulin drips (IV) are only used for diabetics but the drip is something that is infused slowly intravenouly to prevent other things such as electrolyte imbalances, something that should be monitored in a hospital setting with frequent labwork and/or fingersticks. The insulin is titrated to a rate that controls the patient's uncontrolled hyperglycemic state. Not something you would do for bodybuilding, but a true medical disease process. Insulin MUST be measured and administered via insulin syringes as regular syringes are not calibrated properly for accurate measuring of insulin in any form. Never use insulin intravenously as effects are almost immediate and in no way mirror the absorption rate of carbs through your GI tract, in other words DON'T DO IT. Your brain needs carbs to function, if you cause your body to store all of its carbs and have no serum cabohydrates (carbs in your bloodstream) then your brain cannot function, which means your organs will not receive the nervous system messages the brain sends them in order to function, which means that your BODY will no longer function!!!

I am a Registered Nurse and have used both Novolog and Novolin-R extensively in the past due to it availability to me, I have purposely consumed my carbohydrates late to allow myself to experience the effects of controlled hypoglycemia ... trust me, it is a scary feeling. Just because you have experience using anabolics, GH, or IGF in the past does not mean you will know what insulin by itself will do to you, you are still an "insulin novice", and GH, IGF, and PGF will amplify insulin's effects making a lower dose of insulin more effective and therefore more deadly. I would not advise ANYONE just starting out using insulin, to do so without a blood glucose monitor. This stuff is one of the most dangerous compounds we as chemically enhanced athletes use to transport nutrients into our muscle cells. I am willing to answer anyone's questions on this subject due to its lethal nature, I WILL NOT treat you like a newbie and tell you to research old posts on the subject. Plus I feel somewhat obligated due to my profession. If you have any further questions please feel free to post them. If anyone notices an error in anything I posted please point it out, as it could result in death! I did proof read this though, and edited it a few times for accuracy.

Good Luck,
    One Eye
    Last edited by OneEyedJohnny; 03-11-2005 at 11:26 PM.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Defenitly not the type of drug you would use IV, totally agree with that one.

-Gear

Thread Information