jgg1221 is offline Member

PWO insulin diet

aside from not eating the fats and eating a lot of protein

once youve taken the insulin , what should the ratio of simple carbs to complex carbs be?

such as, you taken in 50g of carbs 5 min after doing the shot
    and how much should be simple sugars and how much should be complex carbs like oatmeal?

also - isnt it possible that if you go hypoglycemic that you can have brain damage?

joevette is offline Banned
    All simple for pwo, then I do all complex for ppwo. Some people do all simple for ppwo or a combo, but all complex works for me.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Intake simple carbohydrates all throughout the whole Insulin activity period, so as to not take in any unnecessary carbohydrates as these will be stored. Yes hypoglycemia can have a small effect on your brain.

I ususally follow a schedule that looks something like this:

Train
    Immidietly post training I have "x" amount of Humalog
    Immidietly post injection I have "x" amount of dextrose, 5g of creatine and 5g of glutamine
    15 minutes later I have 75g of protein isolate
    1.25hrs later I have 50g carbs (simple) and 50g protein
    2.25hrs later I have 40g carbs (simple) and 50g protein
    By the time I have my next meal Insulin will no longer be active so I can eat as I usually do.

For those that don't take glutamine you can have your dextrose, creatine and protein immidietly post injection.

Hope that helped, and good luck.

-Gear

BrownBomber is offline Member
    Wow......very interesting Gear. When you write "so as to not take in any unnecessary carbohydrates as these will be stored" are you saying that if I consume ummm.....Oats for my PPWO meal that they would be stored as fat, since they digest slower and would still be digesting when the Slin is out of my system?

Also is the protein you consume while the Slin is active strictly Whey?

Who else only consume simple carbs while the Slin is active?

Thanks guys!
    BB

All I am saying is that simple carbohydrates are in and out of your system, and especially while Insulin is "peeking" and force feeding muscle cells with nutrients, the Insulin "peek" + "fast digestion" of simple carbohydrates leaves us with very low chance of fat storage.

Complex carbs are pushed into cells also. So they won't necessraly be stored. But the chances of fat storage are higher when taking complex carbs as they stick around in your system for longer. I always use simple carbohydrates and I have never had issues with fat storage.

Look at it this way. What sounds like there is more chance of fat storage?

Insulin peek + fast acting nutrients?
    or
    Insulin peek + slow digesting carbohydrates?

Using simple carbohydrates can be more dangerous than using complex carbohydrates as with complex carbohydrates you have fuel in your body for longer which allows your body to stay out of hypo for longer.

For your PWO shake use protein isolate. You need something that will quikly get absorbed.

-Gear

Excellent info bro! In regrads to the Whey protein I was talking about this...... 1.25hrs later I have 50g carbs (simple) and 50g protein
    2.25hrs later I have 40g carbs (simple) and 50g protein

During these meals do you use Whey protein as your protein source or do you consume whole foods?

Thanks
    BB

Those meals are whole foods bro. Usually something like baked potatoes or rice boild in water, and grilled chicken or egg whites, perhaps tuna. Whatever you like.

-Gear

Gear my man I think were misunderstanding each other.....LOL!

I thought you meant you take in nothing but Whey protein and Dextrose for all of these meals listed below......
    """""Immidietly post injection I have "x" amount of dextrose, 5g of creatine and 5g of glutamine
    2.25hrs later I have 40g carbs (simple) and 50g protein""""""

Now you say you eat white rice and potatoes? I thought you take in just Dextrose (simple carbs) at this time?

Im confused bro! Sorry bout the mix up!
    BB

Ironman5151 is offline Associate Member
    15min later is a shake...
    1.25hrs later is a meal
    2.25hrs later is a meal

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBomber
    Gear my man I think were misunderstanding each other.....LOL!

I thought you meant you take in nothing but Whey protein and Dextrose for all of these meals listed below......
    """""Immidietly post injection I have "x" amount of dextrose, 5g of creatine and 5g of glutamine
    2.25hrs later I have 40g carbs (simple) and 50g protein""""""

Now you say you eat white rice and potatoes? I thought you take in just Dextrose (simple carbs) at this time?

Im confused bro! Sorry bout the mix up!
    BB
    I do take simple carbs for my PPWO and PPPWO meals. Those simple carbs are "potatoes" and "rice". They are digested by your body fast just like dextrose.

-Gear

Dutchman is offline Junior Member
    i do it like this:

> 0:00 70gram dextrose + 7gr creatine + 5gr L-Glutamine + 5gr BCAA’s + 750mg HCA
    > 0:01 Humalog 10IE IM inject
    > 0:15 60 gram whey isolaat
    > 1:30 40 gram whey isolaat and 75gr. rice
    > 2:30 35 gram protein en 50gr. Musli

I always have my PPWO and PPPWO meals consisting of whole foods. Our bodies will adept to whole foods a lot easier than processed nutrition such as powders. When Insulin is peeking, that is the time where you want to give your body the best sort of nutrients in the most suited form, so do excatly that. That is why my PPWO and PPPWO meals are whole foods and not powders. I belive you really should take advantage of your nutrient intake while slin is peeking so give your body what it needs the most, in the most suited form. I hardly ever take powders actually, I have 1 shake PWO, and 1 before bed with some healthy fats. Apart from that, my daily nutrient intake is whole foods. It's one of those things that wont really make a difference on the spot, but can be benefiting long long way down the track.

-Gear

LL08 is offline Member
    I've read before that if you want to use Slin to tone/ cut up you use it slightly differently than for a bulking cycle> If i wanted to use it for cutting up what would I eat diff PWO

cheers
    -LL

Rambo wrote this a while ago:

Sample Diet:
    Note: This is a sample diet for a 200 pound gentleman who is wishing to cut. We can assume his BF to be around 15%. This diet will NOT work for you if those criteria don’t apply to you; however it is easy to customize the below diet to take in account your own statistics. It is the principles that are applicable.. I am not going to post the total amount of calories, only the carb, protein and fat macros for the whole day.

Meal 1:
    Lean Protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal

Meal 2:
    Protein shake/Lean Protein (2 tbsp flax

Meal 3:
    Veggies, Lean Protein

Workout

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition

Meal 5:
    Veggies, Lean Protein, 1/2 cup rice or oatmeal.

Meal 6:
    Shake with Flax

That turns into approximately 300 grams protein, 130 grams Carbs, and 50 grams of fat.

As an added note of my own, do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach
    Last edited by wilthepill123; 03-18-2005 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks for the clarification gentlemen!!

BB

Rambo's diet setup is all good, but that is not an Insulin based diet. It's not the kind of diet you would follow when using Insulin.

-Gear

jgg1221 is offline Member
    the only reason im hesitant about taking slin is because of the effect it COULD have on the brain with hypoglycemia... and how possible it is to have brain damage

brain damage... THAT scares me

im considering using it but i think i wanna read a book on how it effects us (hopefully one thats easy to read), and how to prevent brain damage

Latimus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilthepill123
    Rambo wrote this a while ago:

Sample Diet:
    Note: This is a sample diet for a 200 pound gentleman who is wishing to cut. We can assume his BF to be around 15%. This diet will NOT work for you if those criteria don’t apply to you; however it is easy to customize the below diet to take in account your own statistics. It is the principles that are applicable.. I am not going to post the total amount of calories, only the carb, protein and fat macros for the whole day.

Meal 1:
    Lean Protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal

Meal 2:
    Protein shake/Lean Protein (2 tbsp flax

Meal 3:
    Veggies, Lean Protein

Workout

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition

Meal 5:
    Veggies, Lean Protein, 1/2 cup rice or oatmeal.

Meal 6:
    Shake with Flax

That turns into approximately 300 grams protein, 130 grams Carbs, and 50 grams of fat.

As an added note of my own, do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach
    Why was this posted?

Thread Information