Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member

Slin PWO in the P.M.

If someone were to work out lets say at 7pm to 8pm and take humulin-R and sticking to the cutting sticky in the diet forum and use the amount of slin in corrilation with the dex/maltodex would this be dangerous this late at night(injecting IM)?

I use to work out in the a.m., always bulkers, and could just carry around glucose tabs if I felt hypo. I am cutting using high dose test with some tren and T3. So really two questions: To late before before bed even IM with humulin-R? Would it be advised against in a cutter?

Mach1 is offline Junior Member
    If you can stay up for at least 4 hours it shouldn't be a problem. But since it sounds like you're cutting, you could THINK you took in enough carbs, and while you're sleeping it could drop very low, low to the point you might not wake up (diabetic coma), the side effects of this are not worth it.

4 hours even if injected intramuscular?

Mach1 is offline Junior Member
    Humulin-R can stay in your system for 4-8 hours sub q. So IM maybe half that between 2-4 hours. I just used the higher number for insurance.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    humalog would b a better bet imo... ive done my slin around 8pm and was fine but then again i dont go to sleep til at least 1am

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I usually inject humalog IM around 8PM and I'm in bed by 11 at the latest. I've never had any problems but I'm sure you know everyone is different. My advice would be to get a blood glucose monitor and start checking your levels every night around the time you would usually go to bed.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    I work out late, sometimes @ 9pm and I take humalog PWO. I know the duration of activity is different than humulin. I was worried about this at first, so I would take my blood glucose reading before bed to make sure they were in normal levels.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    It's just a matter of when you go to sleep. If you can wait till the Insulin is out of your system before going to bed then it's all good. Or you can get Humalog that exits your system quiker, then you wont have to wait as long before going to bed.

-Gear

OK, If humulin-r is longer acting what would be the challenge of injecting earlier and having a pre-workout meal, then a PWO and PPWO? Maybe even have something during working out. But I am cutting so...???

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Take it IM, it will shorten its on-set time, and it will be in your system for a shorter amount of time too. Don't worry about the pre-workout meal, or during workout. The only time you would need nutrients (dextrose) during workout is if you take Insulin pre workout (not recomended) to feel the pump. Otherwise, as I always say, stick with PWO injections. If you are cutting and using Insulin, you have to know how to limit your carb intake. Any left over carbs will be stored. I really don't recomend using Insulin when cutting because the chances of fat storage when Insulin is in the picture are high. And fat storage is the last thing you want when cutting, but it can still be done you just have to know how to limit your carb intake. I only use Insulin when I bulk.

-Gear

Thanks Gear and everone else that contributed. I am forgoing the slin this time around.

warlock is offline Associate Member
    How long does humalog stay in your system when injected IM?

Thanks

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by warlock
    How long does humalog stay in your system when injected IM?

Thanks
    ~2.5 hours

Thread Information