Thread: Slin ??

jmonkey is offline New Member

Slin ??

I have been doing a lot(a fair bit anyways) of research on slin and i keep gettign mixed opinions.

Is it possible to stay lean while using slin, if so how?
    as everywhere i read it always sz it very anabolic to muscle an fat cells

is the amount of iu's used dependant on the size of the user?

For example if one was using 10g of carbs/iu and he notices an increase in b/f with 10 iu's does it mean its too many carbs? Should u lower just the carbs or lower the entire dosage and stick with the recommended 10g carbs/iu.( the reason i ask this is cuz a cpl of guys i know that use slin say u wont notice much until u get to around 10iu's).

i have also been reading various studies re slin and it just makes things more confusing as some say use it 2x day and others just try scare u saying i messes u up and it can make u a diabetic( which i know it can) . does anyone have a laymans guide to using slin( i know this is a stupid question but i feel one should understand the compound before they use it.)

thanks

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    The carb to slin ratio is very contingant upon the individual. I feel hypo around 7g of carbs.... while others can go down to 5g. You have to find out what works for you. 10g is a very safe bet.
    Dont think of it as anabolic to fat and muscle cells, think of it as a transporter. So it transports whatever you eat/drink. So if you take in too many carbs, it will replenish glycogen then store it as fat, just like normal. But whenever insulin is used it is way faster.
    Work up to a slin amount, stay at that amount and SLOWLY drop your carbs. Once you feel hypo you know that, that is your personal threshold, so up it and stay there.

Slin is just needed PWO, dont worry about 2x a day

-MS

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Insulin has nothing to do with fat storage or muscle gain. It is the nutrient intake that takes care of that part. So, if you are using Insulin, and you eat fatty foods then your chances of storing fat would be high because Insulin would be force feeding your muscle cells with the nutrients (fat) you just had.

Staying lean on Insulin is also possible too. All you have to do is limit your nutrient intake. Only have just enough to keep out of hypo. This way you know that there is no nutrients left over to be stored as fat. Now, it's just a matter of limiting your nutrient (carb) intake. This can be tricky and dangerous.

Doesn't matter if you are 200LB or 300LB. The Insulin doses stays the same. Work your way up from a low dose to higher dose(s). Find a dose that your most satisfied with and stick with it.

Like I said above, Insulin has nothing to do with fat storage. It increases the chances of fat storage yes, but it does not create fat. That depends on your nutrient intake and how much of it you have. If you think you are gaining unnecessary weight (fat) then simply lower your carbs, not your Insulin dose.

I belive with Insulin, no mater if you use the highest or lowest dose, you probably still wont see gains. But this doesn't mean Insulin is not doing what its supposed to do. Insulin gives your body that extra "boost" allowing it to absorb more nutrients faster. Later down the track, this can lead to weight/size gain. So Insulin is not one of those drugs that will stack on 20LB within the 4 weeks you use it for.

10IU is enough for good results. Beginners should start at low dose (3 - 4IU), increase the dose by 1IU every workout till they get to 10IU. Once on 10IU, they can stay on that dose till the end of cycle. Once you are more experinced with Insulin, you can start breaching the 10IU mark and you can start playing with your carb intake. Only do this once you fully understand what Insulin is about, and once you are confident using it.

You don't need to use Insulin anymore than once p/day. Once p/day PWO is enough. Yes you can become dependant, but it's not that easy. To become dependant you would have to take Insulin at high doses, and take it for a very long time with not much breaks. The 4 ON/OFF rule at 10 - 15IU is a failry safe gudieline if you ask me.

There are plenty of threads on Insulin here, do some research and you will learn.

Hope that helped.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 03-20-2005 at 01:18 AM.

jmonkey is offline New Member

Smile

thanks for ur help, i just needed a bit a reassurance as it will be my first time.

Gear, u have actually helped out a bro of mine just recently and he had a great run( his name was jaymonkey)

once again thanks

jm

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Excellent, good to hear everything went well for him. Good luck to you.

-Gear

Thread Information