Thread: Injection times

KNOWNasJOE is offline Junior Member

Injection times

Hey everyone I have a quick question on injection time. If i work out in the morning at 5:30 AM on some days and eat at 5 AM what would be the best time to inject genotropin GH? Four days a week, whether I work out in the morning or not, I work out at 4 PM. When would you recomend I inject? I eat at 5AM(If early workout), 7AM, 10AM, 1PM, 3:10PM, 6:30PM, 8PM, and 10PM if that helps with anything. Again I'm taking Genotropin. Thanks for anyone who can help!

hugeishuge is offline Junior Member
    rite b4 bed. but I've heard guys use it in the morning.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    There was a good long discussion on this a week or two ago. The thread is titled "GH at night". I switched to morning injections for now but only because I'm on 2iu's a day.

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    How many iu's are you running? If only 2 i would take it in the morning.

cyflex is offline Associate Member
    Morning and early afternoon.. if u run 2ius then 1+1 is better IMO.
    4 me going like this..i`m start working in the morning at 7am ..so
    i wake up at 4.45 doing 1hr cardio
    eat my pro/fat meal take my gh shot at 6.30am and the 2nd at 3.00pm, lifting at 5.00pm take my slin+pwo shake at 6.30pm and sleep at 10-11pm.

peace
    cyflex

What's the purpose of taking it in the morning?

RedBaron explains it better than I could:

"The problem we will always have with subjects such as this is that everyone's body runs just a little different. As JohnnyB mentioned, it is pretty difficult to time with precision when the liver is going to secrete IGF-1. That being the case, unless we have some definitive monitoring device to verify the timing of that release, it is going to be even more difficult to time our HGH injections using this as a criteria.

There is no question that waking up at 3-4 a.m. and giving yourself an injection has a lot of merit. I did this for about 10 months while I was using Genotropin Mini-Quick .8mg HGH. No question about it working well. The next best time to inject is first thing in the morning before you ever get dressed. These two times are going to offer the least chance of disrupting your own HGH cycle .... but as I said, everyone runs a little different so we are really making some general observations.

Realize that there are about 8-10 pulses of HGH throughout the day ... not ONLY the one at night. The thing is the chemical and hormonal conditions of the body at night are conducive to a major release of HGH. Other times you will see a MAJOR release of HGH is during short duration, HIGH intensity working out. If you have ever experienced a REALLY intense leg day workout the nauseous feeling and tiredness that follows is many times the result of a big endogenous HGH dump into your system. HGH is going to work for you for the most part whenever it is released into you system.

The reasoning behind a night-time injection would make a LOT of sense for someone with low / no natural HGH. This would most closely mimic the body's own cycle. For those of us with a normal / high natural output, night-time injections are a bit more complex issue. The thought behind the normal early morning - early afternoon injections is because these are times when your body's cortisol levels are high, and HGH can assist in minimizing its potential for catabolism. Also these are times that offer a greater likelihood of not interfering with a great number of natural pulses of endogenous HGH (though certainly no guarantee because of some of the variables discussed here).

So ..... I think about as close as anyone could come to a consensus would be to say .... If you are the type of person that routinely gets up to go to the bathroom in the early morning hours, that is a PERFECT time to take an HGH injection. If you aren't, next best is going to be the second you wake up. If you are taking two injections per day, there are a few scenarios that would make sense, such as (roughly most desirable to lesser):

injection one at 2-3 a.m. at bathroom break, number two at 8-9 a.m. upon waking
    injection one at 2-3 a.m. at bathroom break, number two at 1-2 p.m.
    injection one at 7-9 a.m., number two at 1-2 p.m.

If your natural HGH production is non-existant -
    injection one at bedtime, injection two first thing upon waking
    injection one at bedtime, injection two 1-2 p.m.

Again, all of these are general observations, there are always exceptions to every case, and there are so many variables (length of cycle, dose, general goals, body's own output, other components of cycle, etc., etc.)"

Titan1 is offline Member
    I take 2iu´s in the morning and 2 in the afternoon i tried to take 2iu´s before bedtime but i didnt like it, i sleep much better when i dont take it at night

thanks jerseyboy fer the info! I noticed that my sleeping pattern was disturbed when doin' it at night. Didn't think it was that but I can see now that it was.

I was falling asleep just fine but I was having some crazy vivid dreams and waking up in the morning feeling wiped out.

kingof516 is offline Associate Member
    i use it b4 bed but i have a limited window of opportunity right before bed.

cheesy boy is offline Junior Member
    i user to put mine in a glass of iced water at the side of the bed ,then bang it in 4 in the morning when i got up for a piss.

I tried what you said and it worked to a tee. Slept great.

Thread Information