Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired

Arrow My IGF-1 info thread

--------Originally posted by Mr. Sparkle from AR--------

There are bits and pieces of info scattered about on the boards on the subject of IGF-1... I will make a futile attempt to consolidate this information.

What is it? And why is the difference between huIGF-1 and LR3 IGF-1?

IGF-1 stands for insulin like growth factor. IGF-I is the primary protein involved in responses of cells to growth hormone (GH): that is, IGF-I is produced in response to GH and then induces cellular activities. One such example is muscle growth or hyperplasia
    This compound also makes the human body more sensitive to insulin. It is the most potent growth factor found in the human body. IGF-1 causes muscle cell hyperplasia, which is an actual splitting and forming of new muscle cells, this is a good thing.

HuIGF-1
    It has a 70 amino acid string. It is very short lived in the body (half life of probably around 10-15 minutes). This type of IGF-1 is very useful if you are seeking local site growth. Since it is so short lived, little of the IGF-1 makes it to other tissues and IGF-1 receptors in the body. The way to inject this is immediately post work out into the muscle that you wish to have local site growth.

LR3 IGF-1
    Long Recumbent 3 IGF-1, which is an 83 amino acid analog of human IGF-1 sequence with the substitution of an Arg for the Glu at position 3 (hence R3), and a 13 amino acid extension peptide at the N-terminus (hence the long).

Usage
    It needs to be shot PWO. Most shoot bilaterally into the muscle that was worked.
    Stacking- because LR3 increases hyperplasia it is best when used in conjunction of other AAS.
    If you add insulin to your LR3, be careful. LR3 will make you more sensitive to the effects that insulin has on you. So raise your PWO carb intake to accommodate the added LR3. If you have never ran insulin before, DO NOT add it with LR3.

What can I expect?
    First off you can expect to drop a little BF if your diet is good. LR3 seems to burn off fat.
    You can expect an increase in hunger, this is awesome when bulking. That though can be controlled while cutting.
    Another thing to remember is hyperplaisa, once again the forming of new muscle cells, thus more size. Strength will go up along with the new muscle mass.
    You can expect great pumps. For some people so bad it hurts... you be the judge. I for one have never got pumps that hurt like that... for me personally I feel more pumps with insulin.

Dosing
    The general consensus for dosing LR3 seems to be 40mcg to 60mcg. For no longer than 5 weeks. Do not exceed 100mcg. The average user should have no reason to ever come close to that dose. Some people shoot everyday, some just PWO. So on the days you do not work out the best thing to do is shoot whenever you wake up this helps maintain constant blood levels and helps fight of catabolism.

The first time user should just use 40mcg on PWO days only. This way you can use 40mcg for 5 weeks assuming you have just one MG of LR3. It is a great starting dose that will get you results. But if you have used 40mcg in the past and didnt see the results you wanted, try 60mcg.

Ok I get, I should use 40mcg.... but how do I figure that out?

1mg = 1000mcg... assuming there is 1ml of liquid we can say that 1ml = 1000mcg and also = 100units...
    So 2 units = 20 mcg
    The best way to measure this is to use an insulin syringe. You can get away with a 1cc syringe but I prefer to use the .5cc or even the .33cc ones. They measure out each unit, so when you are measuring two units it is much easier on the smaller pin. While the 1cc syringe is fine, it is mesured out by two IU at a time. So one "tick" on the 1cc is 2iu, the .5cc each "tick" is one IU.

Wow so you mean you’re telling me I shoot 4iu of this stuff? What if I do not get it all out of there?

I thought you would never ask. I have found the best way to get it and even measure my LR3 is like this. First draw out 30iu of B12 or BW (bacteriostatic water) on the dot. Then draw your LR3 out for a total of 34iu. This means you have 4iu of LR3 in the end of your syringe. Shoot out all of it and that way you can be sure all of the LR3 is out and into your desired muscle of choice.

Reconstitution.
    RedBaron has a great thread on reconstitution with AA (acetic acid), check it out here.
    But just about always you do not have to worry about reconstituting it yourself. All of the manufacturers usually suspend their LR3 in either BA or AA for you.

Storage, Taken from MR
    The stability of a liquid solution of LR3IGF-I was monitored for a period of two years at storage conditions of -20 C, +4 C, +22 C, and +37 C. The final concentration of LR3IGF-I was in acetic acid. At various time points, samples were taken and compared to a lyophilized control (stored at 4 C). Listed below are the stability results for each respective storage condition.

Storage Condition: -20 C (-4 F)
    Biological Potency No Change up to 2 years
    Immunological Activity No Change up to 2 years
    Mobility of Protein No Change up to 2 years
    Elution Profile by reversed phased HPLC No Change up to 2 years

Storage Condition: +4 C (39.2 F)

Storage Condition: +22 C (71.6 F)

Storage Condition: +37 C (98.6 F)
    Biological Potency No Change up to 1 year
    Immunological Activity No Change up to 1 year
    Mobility of Protein No Change up to 1 year
    Elution Profile by reversed phased HPLC No Change up to 1 year
    In conclusion
    There is no significant difference in the potency of LR3IGF-I associated with the storage of the liquid formulation when stored at this range of temperatures. There is no evidence for loss of biological activity at any of the tested temperatures when stored as a liquid product. As you can see IGF can be quite stable for even a year at room temp, but if you want to keep it around for a while stick it into the fridge. So IMO the best way to store LR3 that is suspended in BA is in the freezer. The BA wont allow it to freeze. And if you have it suspended in AA, store it in the fridge.

This thread I tossed together will hopefully answer some questions for some, and clear up things for the rest.
    There is all ways room for improvment. So If you feel that I have missed something, or typed something that is incorrect let me know so I can change it.

Thanks to RedBaron, JohnnyB and MuscleResearch for your help

-MS
    Last edited by Mr. Sparkle; 03-22-2005 at 05:01 PM.

ACAZORES is offline Member
    any slin tip

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    LMMFAO^^

Nice post homeboy.........

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks for putting in the time on that post Sparkle man.

LL08 is offline Member
    Now what I am waiting for is a post that integrates Slin, HGH and IGf-1 LR3 wouldn't that just complete this forum? haha

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    Thanks for putting in the time on that post Sparkle man.
    No problem

Oh and I added some to the dosing part...

hugeishuge is offline Junior Member
    thanx Mr. Sparkle for the info. I needed it!

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

JohnnyB

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Good info.

Thanks guys...... bumping

joevette is offline Banned
    Nice work bro.

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Good stuff, MS. TTT

CARNIVORE is offline Associate Member
    Thank's Bro, I need all the info for my first IGF-1 run. This helps alot.

Tags is offline Associate Member
    Finaly!!! A good post on igf-1...

Tose22 is offline Associate Member
    Good post spark, keep up the good work

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Excellent, good stuff MS.

-Gear

I think this should definitely be a STICKY.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    It is lacking in certain areas to be a sticky IMO...

No offense, it is a great post, but it lacks concrete information and research to back information given, which is also lacking in detail.

Examples would be precisely how the compound is formed, affects it has entirely on the cellular level in the human body, why it would increase the sensitivity to insulin , how it actually causes the hyperplasia, etc.

Also you didn't even delve into satellite cell formation and recruitment for maturity in any way.

HuIGF-1
    It has a 70 amino acid string. It is very short lived in the body (half life of probably around 10-15 minutes). This type of IGF-1 is very useful if you are seeking local site growth. Since it is so short lived, little of the IGF-1 makes it to other tissues and IGF-1 receptors in the body. The way to inject this is immediately post work out into the muscle that you wish to have local site growth.

LR3 IGF-1
    Long Recumbent 3 IGF-1, which is an 83 amino acid analog of human IGF-1 sequence with the substitution of an Arg for the Glu at position 3 (hence R3), and a 13 amino acid extension peptide at the N-terminus (hence the long).
    That also is basically an exact copy word for word of the description used everywhere for LR3. How about a detailed description of what all of that means for the non-techinical/chemistry minded people on the board?

Do many of these people even know what Arg and Glu stand for?

Not trying to be an @sshole, just some things to look for in a great write up IMO

kingof516 is offline Associate Member
    hey Angel stop p1ssing on his parade-welcome back dirtball (its meant in a nice way)

All seriousness if we can get a focuss on inject. schedules and what results people have seen pre/post workout. Site specific versus non etc.

angel.... point well taken... Once I feel that I have gotten the job done. I will repost it....
    Last edited by Mr. Sparkle; 03-22-2005 at 05:32 PM.

Thumbs up

I have to still say this is a great thread, because it answers nearly every major question ppl have about LR3.

Why is it that stickies need to be 10 pages long? If they were all as concise as this one, maybe newbies would actually bother to read them instead of going straight to post the same questions over and over. I'm sure there are a couple things to be added - these are good suggestions by kingof516:
    if we can get a focuss on inject. schedules and what results people have seen pre/post workout. Site specific versus non etc.
    But I'm a fan - bumping this one back up.

I have to still say this is a great thread, because it answers nearly every major question ppl have about LR3.

Why is it that stickies need to be 10 pages long? If they were all as concise as this one, maybe newbies would actually bother to read them instead of going straight to post the same questions over and over. I'm sure there are a couple things to be added - these are good suggestions by kingof516:

But I'm a fan - bumping this one back up.
    No need to be 10 pages. Basically you said what I did. I dont want it to be long and drawn out, just simple, explaining a few of those things in laymans terms... It is a good thread regardless, I just thought it could be broken down a bit further and/or backed by some studies!!!

Well studies are hard to come by, If you are looking for human use... if you have any places for me to look up stuff PM me with the info.

bumping for more to check out

I still feel this has some merit..... bump

hartyman is offline Junior Member
    ;lkhg
    Last edited by hartyman; 12-31-2011 at 07:20 AM.

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    i read it again so bump

joeben22 is offline Associate Member
    Nice post. bumping

Thanks guys, but go check out my updated thread
    Last edited by Mr. Sparkle; 04-18-2005 at 09:31 PM.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Good work sparkle.

notus is offline Member
    Good read. Thanks alot man.

Thread Information