GearIdentity is offline Associate Member

Insulin - IM or Sub-q

Im a little confused as whether I should be injecting IM or Sub-q. Ive been taking 5ius of slin (Humulin-R) pw along with igf-1. I following these steps....

1. Inject slin immediately post workout

2. Within 5 min., drink 50g of Carbs (By Twinlab, some type of simple and complex carb mix). Just waiting for my dextrose pack to come to make the switch. Include 5g of creatine.

3. Inject igf-1.

4. 15min after carbs I drink 82.5g of Pro-Complex.

5. 1.5hrs after, I drink another 50g of carbs and 82.5g of Pro-Complex.

Im interested in injecting IM because I workout late and dont want to run any risks of going into a coma in my sleep. If I were to inject IM how would I change time intervals? Any specific muscle groups to inject IM or any muscle will do?

BTW, Im using Humulin-R, if I make a switch to humalog which I should in about week I just cut the time intervals in half?

Humalog has an active life of two hours, cutting your time intervals in half should work. Dont inject into your muscles. Insulin doesnt cause localized growth and injected into your muscles i believe it extends the active life of the insulin in your system, its unnecessary save the muscle injections for AAS, just inject Sub Q into the skin on your belly. also 5 i.u.'s is pretty light dosage, when you get humalog up it by 1 i.u. a day

Monday 5 i.u.
    Tuesday 6 i.u.
    Wednesday 7 i.u
    So on and so forth

Until you get to between 8-10 i.u. Thats where you really start to see results, especially in conjunction with IGF
    Last edited by wilthepill123; 03-21-2005 at 04:58 PM.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Complex carbs are fine, but I prefer to use simple carbs. You want something fast digesting as that's what you want post injection. So if you can, try and keep your carb intake in simple carbohydrate form.

IM will defenitly shorten the on-set and active period times. When you inject IM, inject anywhere where there is thin skin so you know most of the needle is in the muscle and not the skin/fat. I usually shoot Insulin in my bicept.

The nutrient timings for both IM and Sub-Q are the same.

Good luck.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 03-21-2005 at 06:55 PM.

Oops i had it backwards, i thought injected into your muscles lengthened its time in your system, sorry about that, glad you have gear to correct my **** ups! But i still back the fact that you should consider increasing your dosage to near 10 i.u. 's

Yep yep, you got it other way round bro

-Gear

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i agree, id increase to 10iu's myself. thats what i inject twice a day and have great results. i just remembered your also taking igf which makes the slin more sensitve so maybe you should slowly increase your dosage and consume a few more carbs then usual. 10grams per iu should be fine because i go for 7grams per iu without igf.

Quote Originally Posted by pietro75
    i agree, id increase to 10iu's myself. thats what i inject twice a day and have great results. i just remembered your also taking igf which makes the slin more sensitve so maybe you should slowly increase your dosage and consume a few more carbs then usual. 10grams per iu should be fine because i go for 7grams per iu without igf.
    I really think you can get results just as good if you were taking Insulin once p/day instead of twice p/day. Taking Insulin anymore than once p/day only increase the chances of side effects and increase the chances of becoming insulin dependant, but the gains stay abouut the same. Just thought I might add that in, but if what you are doing is working well for you then stick with what your doing.

-Gear

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i actually noticed better gains since i started taking slin twice a day. i run 30-40 minutes on my treadmill at home in the morning then take my first 10ius. then after work i go to the gym and shoot another 10ius

Like I said, if that's what you think is best for you, then stick with it. Thanx for the input.

-Gear

GearIdentity is offline Associate Member
    I guess IM would be my best bet.

Ive upped my slin to 7iu's, will gradually increase to 10iu's.

Thanx.

Thread Information