BrownBomber is offline Member

PreWorkout Nutrition and Slin

Fellas,

Does what you eat BEFORE you lift have any effect on taking Slin after you lift? Does it interfer w/ how many carbs you should take in during your PW shake? If my pre-workout meal was nothing but protein and fat, will the fat still be around when I shoot?

For those of you who take Slin what do you normally eat before you lift? A Protein+Fat or Protein+Carb meal?

Thanks for the help!
    BB

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes, it can have an effect. If you eat something prior to training, it can still be in your system post training, and if Insulin is active post training then it will suck in those nutrients. I usually eat about 2.5hrs prior training no matter if I am using Insulin or not. And when I do eat, I don't consume much at all. I don't like training on a heavy belly.

However, if you eat rigtt before training, a lot of the nutrients maybe used up by your body as energy while training. Depending on how much you ate, its defenitly possibly for left over nutrients that Insulin can act on.

If you are using Insulin, just to be on the safe side, I would not consume fats prior to training. Protein shake is fine, but not fats. Once again, it depends on how far out prior to training you eat.

My last meal before training isn't too heavy. Usually I'll have some complex carbs and a little bit of protein. When I get to gym, I have about 5g of glutamine.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 03-22-2005 at 08:21 PM.

BrownBomber is offline Member
    You eat 2.5hrs before you start to lift!?

Thanks Gear
    BB

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    That's right, about 2 - 2.5hrs max before I lift. My meal before training is not the first meal I consume for that day. It's about my 3rd meal into my daily schedule, so I usually have plenty of energy for the gym.

-Gear

Thread Information