trey3 is offline New Member

have doctor scrip for genotropin miniquicks 4 i.u. per day but....?

ok here is the situation. my doctor wrote me a scrip for genotropin mini quicks (4 i.u. per day). this stuff is supposed to be the top of the line growth hormone but here is my problem. i went to have it filled at the pharmacy but my insurance would not cover it. it costs $1600 out of pocket, and right now that is simply not an option. the pharmacist said that the doctor has to call my insurance company and tell them that he feels that i need to be on this. i have not asked him to do this yet but i don't anticipate him having a problem doing this. my question is this. is there another form of growth hormone that he could prescribe that would not be so **** expensive? if i did happen to pay out of pocket are there any brands that are reasonable in price (a months worth at 4 i.u.'s per day)? has anyone had something like this happen to them? any advice? i appreciate your feedback- i will also be taking (testosterone enanthate -250 mg per week/ nolvadex -20 mg per day/glucophage xr 1000 mg per day/and cytomel (t3) 50 mcg per day)

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    jinotropin from china is cheaper then genotropin. Those miniquicks are very expensive why did your doc perscribe them.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Insurance companies suck bro. They deny everything at first. Those cheap ****s want your money but don't want to give anything back.

kaorialfred is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    Insurance companies suck bro. They deny everything at first. Those cheap ****s want your money but don't want to give anything back.

If you have a good plan your insurance will cover it. You may even get partial reimbursment.
    Go thru the Dr..
    I have a script also from a HRT doc that doesn't do the "insurance thing" You pay out of pocket. Right now I am waiting on my endocrinologist to prescribe me GH. I belive she will write medically nesscary on my script and my insurance will cover it.

I also submitted for gyno surgery got rejected at first, but recived approval last week.

So sometimes its really the plan you choose, and not the insurance company.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    My doc tried all the routes a few years ago and could not get my gyno surgery covered. Not a penny. They said it was "cosmetic". And how did you guys know you needed HRT? Did you have some kind of deficiency? How old are you? I'm 34 and I have no idea whether or not I need HRT. My doc told me I should get a complete physical this year because I'll be 35. I never go to the doctor.

joevette is offline Banned
    ****! Your doc prescribed 4ius a day! That's about 3-4 times the standard HRT dose, you sure that's right?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    ****! Your doc prescribed 4ius a day! That's about 3-4 times the standard HRT dose, you sure that's right?
    I was thinking the same thing.

-Gear

zaarel is offline Junior Member
    I was just pricing some ot this out on my new med card and was surprised to find that :
    a) they do cover GH with no prequalify and now additional testing asked for (even verified by phone as my old coverage req's prequalify and a ton of stim tests from two endos)

b) the mini quicks on a per iu basis were cheaper than every other form of GH coverd and it has em all!! I couldnt believe that.

block is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zaarel
    I was just pricing some ot this out on my new med card and was surprised to find that :
    a) they do cover GH with no prequalify and now additional testing asked for (even verified by phone as my old coverage req's prequalify and a ton of stim tests from two endos)

b) the mini quicks on a per iu basis were cheaper than every other form of GH coverd and it has em all!! I couldnt believe that.

who is your corerage from

don anabolico is offline Associate Member
    haha u guys think that all it takes is for your doc to write medically neccery for gh to be covered... ya, i have had gh covered for a year, and let me tell you, you can get it, but not if your not prepared to break your back trying...

Thread Information