Thread: Glucose tabs

chris2wire is offline Member

Glucose tabs

I keep reading on how glucose tabs spike insulin levels, and if you take them contunously for an hour or so you can keep insulin levels spiked.

Could you do this and eat alot of protein after your workout and get good insulin effects?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Glucose is beneficial immidietly PWO, then with it, you can have a protein shake as well. That is what a majority of people do, dextrose (glucose) + protein isolate PWO. So take it PWO only along with your shake.

-Gear

chris2wire is offline Member
    Do you know how long it lasts? Humulin lasts so you cant eat bad for several hours... But if you take glucose tabs right after a workout with shakes, how long until youre safe to eat a little fat?

Humalin R is in your system for about 6 - 8hrs, therefore try to avoid fat intake for that amount of time. You can get Humalog, it is in your system for no more than 4hrs, therefore you only have to watch your fat intake for 4hrs, instead of 8 like Humalin-R.

-Gear

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I doubt a few glucose tabs will dramatically spike insulin .

Totally agree with blue, glucose will spike, but it will take a lot more than a few.

-Gear

MuscleResearch is offline Junior Member
    Add dextrose to your shake. You could add something like 50-75g. I think glucose tabs only have a gram or two

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2wire
    Do you know how long it lasts? Humulin lasts so you cant eat bad for several hours... But if you take glucose tabs right after a workout with shakes, how long until youre safe to eat a little fat?
    I see where your going with this. Glucose tabs are not a substitute for insulin . Your not going to get the same results as injecting 10iu's of Humalog.

Thread Information