Carth is offline Associate Member

Question on insulin sensitivity

How would I know that I am insulin insensitive? What are the signs? Is it soft muscles? Is it not growing muscles big enough? What??? Oh! And how does someone become insulin insensitive?

IF you are "insulin insensitive" you are a diabetic-when you consume sugar your pancreas does not produce insulin.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Higher blood glucose levels and maybe high creatine levels.

Wait, isn't what you guys are describing insulin resistance? And not insulin insensitive.

I thought you meant insulin resistant - I have never heard of insulin insensitive.

insensitive to muscles.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Your question is a little confusing. Decreased insulin sensitvity(resistant) is your body does produce insulin but you cells/organs are not accepting or responding to the insulin to shuttle nutrients. If this happens I believe it is a early sign of type 2 onset diabetis. Higher blood sugar levels is the result, symtoms include tiredness, loss of appetite, blurring vision, bad sleeping and nueropathy tingling/numbness in ones extremeties. Increased insulins sensitivity is the opposite. You need to measure your bg levels throughout the day keeping a log and what happens after you eat carbs.

My BG is always fine. Never goes past 105. No matter how much i eat. But the thing is that I am never hard! No matter how much carbs I eat. Or how much slin I take. People say that carbing up gets them hard and look fulller. That doesn't happen to me.

nsashbl is offline Associate Member
    Carth, there's a blood test that shows something like your 30 day bg average. Just for ****'s I'd do that. Have you done Winny or Var? Var makes me look way harder and most friends get the smae result from Winny. I'll send a link to this thread to a doc friend and let ya know what he says.....

Quote Originally Posted by nsashbl
    Carth, there's a blood test that shows something like your 30 day bg average. Just for ****'s I'd do that. Have you done Winny or Var? Var makes me look way harder and most friends get the smae result from Winny. I'll send a link to this thread to a doc friend and let ya know what he says.....
    Cool! I may think it is because my sodium intake is too low. Because sometimes out of the blue...I do get harder and more vascular. It is usually on the weekends when I eat whatever I want.

Well, I went to my endo last year and told him that I think I am insulin resistant. He then made me down a dextrose drink containing 80grams. He then made me wait around 1.5 hours. And then he took my BG and the reader said it was 95. So he told me that I was not insulin resistant.

I then went to another endo to get a 2nd opinion and I told him that I thought I was insulin resistant or insulin insensitive. He took my BG and it was 80. He then made me fast and take a insulin blood test in the morning. He called me up when he got the results and told me that I was ok. That I am not insulin resistant.

I explained to him that my muscles are soft. No matter how much carbs I take they do not get hard. They can look somewhat flat if I do not consume carbs. But with carbs...they look somewhat fuller. But NOT really full and/or hard like other bros get! He then began to say that maybe I did not know what I was doing with my diet. This pissed me off! I took off my shirt and told him....LOOK AT ME! I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I'M DOING???? His jaw dropped to the floor! He said that he didn't realize I was that **** big and built.

I explained to him what i eat throughout the day. All the foods and at what time. He was completely baffled. He didn't know what to say. He then told me that maybe I should go see a nutritionist. This son of a bitch!!! I was pissed and just left!!

Bros! I eat tons of carbs during bulkers! White Rice, Potatos, Pasta, Maltodextrin, Dextrose and I do not get hard or really full!!! Something is wrong! I know bros that use insulin and get hard as hell! And really full!!! I have used slin post workout and do not get hard at all! I can grow slightly on it. And I do mean slightly! But get hard and full muscles? NO!

I have used r-ALA and that stuff too doesn't get me hard or give me fuller muscles. I already tried glucophage on me own on 2 seperate occasions. I did it the first time at moderate doses. And that stuff made me sick!!! And then i treid it a 2nd time months later but at really low doses and I still got sick with nasty diarrhea. So this stuff is not for me!

What do I do? Is there something wrong with me? If I go to another endo...what do I tell him? I do NOT want them to know or think that I am a roid user and want this benefit for bodybuilding purposes. I know how these **** doctors are. They will deny helping me if that is the case.

nsashbl is offline Associate Member
    I emailed this thread to my doc friend and the only input he had was to only use slin with GH. He said he would never reccomend slin only. For whatever thats worth??

What about getting an endo that's "in the game". Not easy to find, but they are out there. Some of them work for those aging clinics down by you?

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Why would he not recommend slin only? Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by nsashbl
    I emailed this thread to my doc friend and the only input he had was to only use slin with GH. He said he would never reccomend slin only. For whatever thats worth??

What about getting an endo that's "in the game". Not easy to find, but they are out there. Some of them work for those aging clinics down by you?
    I did use slin alone and with GH. Makes me bigger...but won't make me harder. Or really that full looking.

Thread Information