Muscle_4_Hire is offline Associate Member

HGH question for the EXPERTS

I have read the S.com HGH profile along with BB.com's + the HGH profile here on this message board (thanks CYCLEON and Death on the Field.) I have a specific question for the GH buffs out there. I am interested in the muscular hyperplasia effects of GH first and foremost. I will quote S.com's profile here
    "and causes an increased pro-tein synthesis which manifests itself in a muscular hypertrophy (enlargement of muscle cells) and in a muscular hyperplasia (in-crease of muscle cells.) The latter is very interesting since this in-crease cannot be obtained by the intake of steroids."

Dictionary def of hyperplasia: "An abnormal increase in the number of cells in an organ or a tissue with consequent enlargement."

My main interest in HGH is what effect it has on the growth factors of the body.
    Growth factors are protein molecules that (to my understanding) decide to a large degree whether the cell will dive via Mitosis. This "decision" takes place at the G1/S phase checkpoint (a bit of biology for ya huh?) Small bit about growth factors:

"Growth factors first come into play late in the G1 stage of interphase. Cells cannot pass from G1 to the S stage unless growth factors bind to the plasma membrane. The binding of growth factors triggers a cascade of biochemical activity that propels the cell into the S stage. If the cell does not enter the S stage, it exits from the cell cycle into the G0 stage, a period of normal metabolic activity where other control mechanisms prevent it from dividing."

This goes without saying but I have to say this... this is how all of our cells divide and multiply yielding new muscle, skin, etc.

The growth factor that I am targeting is VEGF or Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor. Basically, I want to know if HGH increases the amount of VEGF in the body. After a bit of educating myself, in some urology research studies I've seen that VEGF seems to have quite a bit of impact on penile tissue cell proliferation ("To grow or multiply by rapidly producing new tissue, parts, cells, or offspring.") This is important to me because in a couple of months I will be undergoing a phalloplasty procedure to correct a curvature of my penis due to Peyronie's disease (sounds great doesn't it?) I've had this all of my life and it curves to the left looking like its halfway to an L shape.

"Peyronie's disease is due to a plaque (scar) of the tunica albuginea lining the erectile chambers resulting in a tethering and curving of the erect penis, sometimes known as the "bent spike syndrome".

My urologist will be cutting out some of the tunica albuginea of my corpus cavernosa tissue and will heal the curve. However, VEGF is one growth factor in charge of cell division and repair. The use to my surgical procedure would be to help me heal faster especially since I am using a traction device , which stimulates cell division in the first place. This will help it to grow straighter. I can provide more information to anything forementioned, including urology studies into VEGF.
    I am currently talking to my urologist about this but need all the information I can get before going into my next consultation with him so I know what to do.

Since you guys are familiar with HGH, do you know about HGH influence on your bodies growth factors, specifically VEGF?

Thanks bros

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to hear about Peyrones disease. I am on rHGH primarily for simular reasons forementioned. GH is converted in the liver to various growth factors having igf-1 being the predominant one. There are studies suggesting that growth factors are the future. I myself am looking for NGF(nerve growth factors). VEGF is more about blood volume as I know it, so I cannot comment on that. There are some research trials in a few major hospitals regarding GF's. Currently,I also have HuIGF-1 and LR3 just ordered to experiment with GF's. The best post op for you is the traction device but not excessive pulling force. I would also start the GH 12WKS prior. Red Baron may have some more info and good luck.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    ive never heard of gh being involved in the release of vegf, but vegf is becoming fairly popular as a research tool and will probably be in clinical use in the next ten years. gh directly stimulates igf-1 from the liver and from other tissues. other growth factors are released from a number of sources including trauma as is the case for ngf (btw blue thunder why are you interested in ngf, the only effect im aware of, besides peripheral nerve regeneration, is hyperalgesia).

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    ive never heard of gh being involved in the release of vegf, but vegf is becoming fairly popular as a research tool and will probably be in clinical use in the next ten years. gh directly stimulates igf-1 from the liver and from other tissues. other growth factors are released from a number of sources including trauma as is the case for ngf (btw blue thunder why are you interested in ngf, the only effect im aware of, besides peripheral nerve regeneration, is hyperalgesia).
    Bingo, peripheral nerve regeneration specifically long type 2 fibers.

thanks for the replies... bluethunder, how do you know that GH stimulates all kinds of growth factors in the body to be produced? Can you give me a link or point me to where you got this information? The traction device creates the stimulation for growth factor in the penis hence cell division and growth. If any of you have worn a traction device, it is a very slow, time consuming, and painful process. Externally adding growth factors to the target cells of the penile tissues would help increase the proliferation and hence a better recovery of a phalloplasty procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Sorry to hear about Peyrones disease. I am on rHGH primarily for simular reasons forementioned. GH is converted in the liver to various growth factors having igf-1 being the predominant one. There are studies suggesting that growth factors are the future. I myself am looking for NGF(nerve growth factors). VEGF is more about blood volume as I know it, so I cannot comment on that. There are some research trials in a few major hospitals regarding GF's. Currently,I also have HuIGF-1 and LR3 just ordered to experiment with GF's. The best post op for you is the traction device but not excessive pulling force. I would also start the GH 12WKS prior. Red Baron may have some more info and good luck.

Update

I just found possibly the best article yet on growth factor effects on penile tissue cells. Interestingly, it states that IGF-1 has quite a bit to do with this:

"Animal studies have identified insulin-like growth factor (IGF-I) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) as penile angiogenic growth factors, but the role of these factors in humans is not well understood."angiogenic = The formation of new blood vessels.

Now this statement pertains more to the blood flow to the penile tissues, but was we all know, extra blood flow to tissues enables them to heal faster.

"Exposure to VEGF elicited a twofold to threefold increase in the proliferation of HCSMCs (human penile cavernosal smooth muscle cells.) HCSMCs express both IGF-I and VEGF and their receptors, which may be important in the control of vascularity in human penile architecture."

Getting very technical, reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction which: "...is a highly sensitive technique for the detection and quantitation of mRNA (messenger RNA.)"

mRNA is: "The form of RNA that mediates the transfer of genetic information from the cell nucleus to ribosomes in the cytoplasm, where it serves as a template for protein synthesis."

Thread Information