Thread: IU Readings

KNOWNasJOE is offline Junior Member

IU Readings

After searching the site through a few times, reading the HGH Guide, and making a topic about this I still got conflicting answers. On a U-100 Insulin needle, which is a 100 unit measurement(NOT 100 IU measurement), how many units would it be for 4 IU's? I have heard 20, 22, 4, 16, and 40. Any help from those who know about or have U-100 Insulin needles is greatly appreciated!

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    A u100 syringe holds 100iu's. 100ui is the same as 100iu. Each tick (small line) is 2iu's. Count by 2's up to 10. With insulin , 10 would be 10iu's. With Gh or IGF it would depend on how much water you use to reconstitute. I hope this helps.

Thank you! So with Genotropin you would go by how much GH is in the BW, not just fill til there is 4 IU of BW, fill until there is 4 IU of Gen in the BW. Correct? I hope that made sense

Ok I have been frying my brain over this math. If I disolve 13.8 Mg of Genotropin into 12 Mg of BW and have a total of 12 Mg of liquid when disolved...How many units would I fill the syringe to to equal 4 IU of Genotropin? I have literally spent a half hour non stop trying to figure this out but to no avail :/ Any help is appreciateD!

Read Einsteins Sticky at the top of this page-it should be helpful!

I have read it many times! There is so much conflicting information though! My U-100 syringes go by single ticks all the way up to 100. So one tick equals one unit. IT DOES NOT SAY IU, JUST UNITS! I figured that if i mix 13.8 Mg of Geno with 12 Mg of BW then i would have 41.4 IU in the 12 Mg of BW. Do you go by 4 IU of BW and GH mix, or fill until you would have 4 IU of GH in BW, which would be 19.3.

The Syringe is 1 CC and is measured in 100 ticks. Thank you for helping out!

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Units are international units, iu's. Did you count the ticks because my U100 syringes are Terumo. They are 100 units or 1cc but since each tick is 2iu's there are only 50 ticks. I don't use Geno so I don't know how it comes but Jintropin comes in 10iu's so reconstituted w/ 2ml of BW 2iu's would be 40 on a slin pin.

Thread Information