aadrenaline is offline Banned

HGH and linear growth

ok guys this is a question out of curiousity for the people on this board that know what they are talknig about and that will answer my questions to help me out..not the ones who just flame with out answering.

ok so being HGH is admitted to children and teens to promote linear growth,
    being im 19 and still in my growing stage, im on the the shorter side 5'6" my parents are on the shorter side as well. dad 5'9" mom 5'1"
    now if i was to use HGH at say 2-3IU EOD for 6 months could this improve my linear growth or will i just reach what my genetics are. one of my friends was tiny in high school and took HGH prescribed to him, he didnt get extremely tall but he got taller than he would have naturaly. i was just curious if its possibly to get past ur genetics with this drug, ive heard its a miracle.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Don't know if it would or not, you'd need a Dr. to monitor that and give you the proper doses to use after lots of blood work. No one on this board can tell you yes or no, be cause they haven't don't blood work on you.

Estrogen closes the growth plates, so you need to ask a Dr to chack your growth plate to see if they're even open still. Most short peoples plate close sooner then taller people, that's why most women are shorter then men.

JohnnyB

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    I can't say for certain, but I believe your bones fuse around 18. It may help your spinal erectors which could give you an extra 1 - 3 inches, depending on your current posture.

Maturation can happen between 20-24, with most being around the 22-24 range, some can be longer some shorter, no pune intended.

JohnnyB

LL08 is offline Member
    I read a study on this not long ago - Majority of peoples growth plates would be closed at 20 - 21 but personally mine were closed at 19 so definitely get an x-ral to check that your eiphyseals are not yet fused.

If they are - You can't gain height you can just thicken bones. First thing to do would be the x ray re: growth plates being fused.

IF they're not then you have hope.

The friend you speak of was more than likely GH deficient and in these cases lateral growth can be impresive to say the least. If your growth plates are open you would be lucky and i'd take letrozole to keep them open while you decide if you want to go ahead with it or not.

Just my 2 cents, cheers

thanx..yea i was thinking about it not too sure whats going on yet...are there any serious down sides to it at a young age?

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by aadrenaline
    thanx..yea i was thinking about it not too sure whats going on yet...are there any serious down sides to it at a young age?
    only 1 arm ending up longer than the other..... stuff like that.....
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

LL08 is offline Member
    Not if your smart and have all the proper tests don't cut corners bro.

Baby steps. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    only 1 arm ending up longer than the other..... stuff like that.....

ive always wanted my right arm and leg being longer than the other...lol

LL08 is offline Member
    comes in handy when walking across a hill horizontally. Might come in handy with some aspects of orienteering? hmm

Quote Originally Posted by LL08
    comes in handy when walking across a hill horizontally. Might come in handy with some aspects of orienteering? hmm

hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by LL08
    I read a study on this not long ago - Majority of peoples growth plates would be closed at 20 - 21 but personally mine were closed at 19 so definitely get an x-ral to check that your eiphyseals are not yet fused.

If they are - You can't gain height you can just thicken bones. First thing to do would be the x ray re: growth plates being fused.

IF they're not then you have hope.

The friend you speak of was more than likely GH deficient and in these cases lateral growth can be impresive to say the least. If your growth plates are open you would be lucky and i'd take letrozole to keep them open while you decide if you want to go ahead with it or not.

Just my 2 cents, cheers
    Maturation and full hormone devolopment happen about the same time

JohnnyB

Harp is offline Junior Member
    i have a very good friend who is short, 5ft 3in tall maybe. he was born premature and was allso prescribed gh during his childhood. The reason was to make him taller than he would naturally. this was only in his pre teens. I went to jr. high and high school with him and he wasnt on gh then. so I dont know if it would help u at 19 yrs of age but it must help linear growth at younger age if doctors are prescribing for that reason.

supersteve Guest
    Wouldn't igf-1 be a better alternative to hgh for someone looking for linear growth? Most of the positive effects of hgh on growth cartilage is due to the actions of igf-1 i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Harp
    i have a very good friend who is short, 5ft 3in tall maybe. he was born premature and was allso prescribed gh during his childhood. The reason was to make him taller than he would naturally. this was only in his pre teens. I went to jr. high and high school with him and he wasnt on gh then. so I dont know if it would help u at 19 yrs of age but it must help linear growth at younger age if doctors are prescribing for that reason.
    You're right but the point is it was supervised by a Dr, with regular blood work I'm sure

JohnnyB

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteve
    Wouldn't igf-1 be a better alternative to hgh for someone looking for linear growth? Most of the positive effects of hgh on growth cartilage is due to the actions of igf-1 i believe.
    bump

HumanPerfection1 is offline Associate Member
    What ever growth plates are open will grow, at 19 im sure your growth plates for increasing hight are closed, your jaw will deff grow, it usually closes at 26...see a doctor to know for sure

Thread Information