Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    spound's Avatar
    spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Georgia and Texas
    Posts
    2,116

    Is insulin useless when used by itself?

    Is it useless to use slin PWO, if you are not on any AAS/GH/T3/IGF Etc....??

  2. #2
    nvr2bigsnd is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    172
    I think so plus insulin aint worth the risk period

  3. #3
    simster1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    262
    Insuline does work on its own and works even better PWO with creatine.

  4. #4
    spound's Avatar
    spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Georgia and Texas
    Posts
    2,116
    Would T3 help it to work even better? If so, how?

  5. #5
    PT's Avatar
    PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    12,157
    of course insulin still works by itself. if you shoot it post workout and drink your carbs, protein and creatine it's still going to push it into your muscles. i think its way better with roids or growth but it still has benifits when used alone.

  6. #6
    jerseyboy's Avatar
    jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    No sources
    Posts
    2,234
    I loved the results I got from slin and creatine. I used it precycle and had no big problems with hypo or diet. I was using Humalog at 10iu's PWO. Get some glucose tabs just to be safe and also a glucose monitor for about 50 bucks is very useful.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Colorado & California
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by nvr2bigsnd
    I think so plus insulin aint worth the risk period

    Dont comment if you dont know what you're talking about.


    Spound, insulin works great when used in conjunction with AAS, GH, IGF-1 among others, however, using insulin alone does have its benefits, dont let anyone tell you its useless by itself.

    T3 with Insulin isnt that great:
    "With the huge increases in fat mass often accompanying insulin use, it seems like a simple solution to use thyroid hormone. Unfortunately, this doesn't work out very well. The reason is that thyroid hormone (specifically T3 and possibly T4) increases the amount of the "bad" IGF1-BP's mentioned earlier;IGFBP2 and IGFBP4. This may not seem like a big deal if one is not using drugs to stimulate IGF-1 synthesis, but IGF-1 levels are naturally stimulated through acts like stretching, and even natural testosterone /GH increases. All of these things normally accompany workouts (if you know what you're doing), which is the best time to take insulin. So by having all of the free IGF-1 bound by IGFBP3s' evil siblings, much of the anabolic effect of insulin is lost! Since T3 (triiodothyronine) is the main culprit, does that mean that T4 (tetraiodothyronine) can be used with no detrimental effect? NO, because T4 is mostly effective by converting to T3, which leaves you with the same problem. In fact, T4 could very well do the same thing. So if you want to maximize the anabolic effectiveness of insulin while minimizing bodyfat accumulation, use another fat burner and leave the thyroid alone. "

    Try running it with Clen , it works great!

  8. #8
    spound's Avatar
    spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Georgia and Texas
    Posts
    2,116
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    I loved the results I got from slin and creatine. I used it precycle and had no big problems with hypo or diet. I was using Humalog at 10iu's PWO. Get some glucose tabs just to be safe and also a glucose monitor for about 50 bucks is very useful.
    Yea, i am experienced with use, i have used slin b4, i just asked bc there was a thread in the diet forum by CPTSTEELE where swole said it was useles without being used in conjunction with any of the other chemicals I mentioned. I am going to be using it during PCT, but when I heard this, I actually thought about extending my cycle and coasting with test only until i got to the BF i wanted to be at (8-9%) bc I am cutting on slin right now w/ prop, but my cycle is about to end. BTW, its going great!!!

  9. #9
    spound's Avatar
    spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Georgia and Texas
    Posts
    2,116
    Quote Originally Posted by wilthepill123
    Dont comment if you dont know what you're talking about.


    Spound, insulin works great when used in conjunction with AAS, GH, IGF-1 among others, however, using insulin alone does have its benefits, dont let anyone tell you its useless by itself.

    T3 with Insulin isnt that great:
    "With the huge increases in fat mass often accompanying insulin use, it seems like a simple solution to use thyroid hormone. Unfortunately, this doesn't work out very well. The reason is that thyroid hormone (specifically T3 and possibly T4) increases the amount of the "bad" IGF1-BP's mentioned earlier;IGFBP2 and IGFBP4. This may not seem like a big deal if one is not using drugs to stimulate IGF-1 synthesis, but IGF-1 levels are naturally stimulated through acts like stretching, and even natural testosterone /GH increases. All of these things normally accompany workouts (if you know what you're doing), which is the best time to take insulin. So by having all of the free IGF-1 bound by IGFBP3s' evil siblings, much of the anabolic effect of insulin is lost! Since T3 (triiodothyronine) is the main culprit, does that mean that T4 (tetraiodothyronine) can be used with no detrimental effect? NO, because T4 is mostly effective by converting to T3, which leaves you with the same problem. In fact, T4 could very well do the same thing. So if you want to maximize the anabolic effectiveness of insulin while minimizing bodyfat accumulation, use another fat burner and leave the thyroid alone. "

    Try running it with Clen, it works great!
    That's what I thought, but wasn't sure bc of swole's post. I would use clen with it during PCT, but clen scares me man. I will probably throw ephedra in there for cardio and lifting.
    Thanks for the reply

  10. #10
    Gear's Avatar
    Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,795
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    Is it useless to use slin PWO, if you are not on any AAS/GH/T3/IGF Etc....??
    Insulin will allow your body to be able to absorb more nutrients that usual faster. It is used as an addetive. How your body reacts to this I don't know. Some react well, some don't, but it defenitly helps even if unnoticable.

    -Gear

  11. #11
    nvr2bigsnd is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by wilthepill123
    Dont comment if you dont know what you're talking about.


    Spound, insulin works great when used in conjunction with AAS, GH, IGF-1 among others, however, using insulin alone does have its benefits, dont let anyone tell you its useless by itself.

    T3 with Insulin isnt that great:
    "With the huge increases in fat mass often accompanying insulin use, it seems like a simple solution to use thyroid hormone. Unfortunately, this doesn't work out very well. The reason is that thyroid hormone (specifically T3 and possibly T4) increases the amount of the "bad" IGF1-BP's mentioned earlier;IGFBP2 and IGFBP4. This may not seem like a big deal if one is not using drugs to stimulate IGF-1 synthesis, but IGF-1 levels are naturally stimulated through acts like stretching, and even natural testosterone /GH increases. All of these things normally accompany workouts (if you know what you're doing), which is the best time to take insulin. So by having all of the free IGF-1 bound by IGFBP3s' evil siblings, much of the anabolic effect of insulin is lost! Since T3 (triiodothyronine) is the main culprit, does that mean that T4 (tetraiodothyronine) can be used with no detrimental effect? NO, because T4 is mostly effective by converting to T3, which leaves you with the same problem. In fact, T4 could very well do the same thing. So if you want to maximize the anabolic effectiveness of insulin while minimizing bodyfat accumulation, use another fat burner and leave the thyroid alone. "

    Try running it with Clen, it works great!
    in my opinion it is not worth the risk cant you f__king read

  12. #12
    Mealticket's Avatar
    Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,812
    settle down there son!!...no need to get all excited

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Colorado & California
    Posts
    562
    in my opinion it is not worth the risk cant you f__king read
    haha, someones got a little chip on their shoulder

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    502
    With AS people recomend waiting until around 21-23 before use. Would this apply to insulin too, seeing as diabetics are of all ages I would assume that there would be no recomended age am I right ?

  15. #15
    Gear's Avatar
    Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,795
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Killer
    With AS people recomend waiting until around 21-23 before use. Would this apply to insulin too, seeing as diabetics are of all ages I would assume that there would be no recomended age am I right ?
    You may position insulin wherever you like in your AAS cycle. I usually use it for the first 4 weeks, at least 4 weeks OFF, then again and through PCT also. As for ages, there is no such thing. No matter if you are 18 or 58, no one should use drugs as such.

    -Gear

  16. #16
    Mach1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    69
    Insulin by itself, or should I say with Creatine, has served me well.

  17. #17
    powerliftmike's Avatar
    powerliftmike is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    gates of hell
    Posts
    5,512
    Quote Originally Posted by nvr2bigsnd View Post
    in my opinion it is not worth the risk cant you f__king read
    you have a right to your opinion. no need to get pissed off. i was scared to use insulin for the 1st time, but with proper dosing and meal timing its pretty easy and safe to use

  18. #18
    thunderin's Avatar
    thunderin is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mt. Paekdu, Unified Korea
    Posts
    867
    Agreed. Insulin is an extremely anabolic agent. Just make sure your diet is near perfect or your waistline will increase, at least mine has a bit.

  19. #19
    JimInAK's Avatar
    JimInAK is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    537
    Insulin use directly affects your blood glucose. If you learn about diabetes and the regulation of your blood glucose, then you can really make an intelligent decision about whether your use of insulin would be beneficial.

    One of the best books to learn about blood glucose issues is Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution. If you read and understand that book, you will understand about insulin, the different types and how they affect your blood glucose and about other drugs that can help you control your glucose level. There is some complexity to using insulin and major differences between types of insulin and their correct usage.

    You can buy a glucose meter from just about any drugstore. Without one, everything you do with regard to insulin is a guess. In the U.S., Walmart sells them for about $20 and the test strips are about 40 cents each.

  20. #20
    ALIN is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,453

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy View Post
    I loved the results I got from slin and creatine. I used it precycle and had no big problems with hypo or diet. I was using Humalog at 10iu's PWO. Get some glucose tabs just to be safe and also a glucose monitor for about 50 bucks is very useful.
    Yes it can be very useful but I suggest only for the smart,,advanced athlete.

  21. #21
    hollywood101 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by nvr2bigsnd View Post
    in my opinion it is not worth the risk cant you f__king read
    If you are so opinionated against insulin and it's risks, why are you even commenting on the insulin forums?

    On the real subject, I agree with the insulin/creatine mix. I've gotten great results from using the two in conjunction. I try to throw a lot of protein in there too post-workout. As for a mix with other chemicals or even AAS, I have had no experience, so I can't comment further.
    Last edited by hollywood101; 05-08-2009 at 02:15 AM.

  22. #22
    Alphatier's Avatar
    Alphatier is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Sun's Core
    Posts
    951
    So if one was to cycle insulin , how long would he go on and off to play it safe?

    Is fat gain something that'll 100% happen when taking slin, or is it possible to lower BF?
    Last edited by Alphatier; 05-09-2009 at 07:21 PM.

  23. #23
    Alphatier's Avatar
    Alphatier is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Sun's Core
    Posts
    951
    Bump

  24. #24
    Alphatier's Avatar
    Alphatier is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Sun's Core
    Posts
    951
    Quote Originally Posted by lean n' mean View Post
    So if one was to cycle insulin , how long would he go on and off to play it safe?

    Is fat gain something that'll 100% happen when taking slin, or is it possible to lower BF?
    Can ANYBODY answer by questions lol!

    Didn't wanna start a new thread since it's a related question!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •