chris2wire is offline Member

Insulin is scary...

Ive been looking for an alternative to AAS and the more I read and research insulin the scarier it seems.

Its like even the experts on it have their moments no matter how knowledgeable they are.

Wah. Someone make it safer.

Insulin isnt scary if you're not a moron when utilizing it. For every I.U. of insulin you inject eat 10 grams of dextrose. Simple as that, you wont feel hypoglycemic. And most "Experts" on this site that i know dont really have any trouble with Insulin. Plenty of them cycle it regularly. Look at Gear for example, he uses insulin without much trouble at all. The only problems the experts encounter is when they are seeing how few carbohydrates they can take in per I.U. of insulin, and thats basic trial and error and they know what to do if they go hypo, EAT MORE CARBS. Spend some more time researching insulin, and you'll find theres nothing that intimidating about it if used correctly!

Hmmm... interesting.

One thing I wondered is do you eat the simple carbs right after the injection or right before?

It would have to be timed pretty well if one were to use humulin-r, which is what id have to use since its otc.

Humulin-R huh? Thats pretty easy to deal with. The two forms of insulin used for our purposes are Humalog and Humulin. Humalog has an active life of 2 hours, but thats not important for you. Humulin-R has an active life of 4 hours. Immediately after injection take your carbohydrates. Then, at the 2 hour mark (when your humulin peaks) post injection have another shake with the same amount of carbs. Focus hard on how you are feeling and become knowledgeable on the signs of hypoglycemia. If you notice symptoms, have a mountain dew or something, it should make you feel better, or get some glucose tabs, its up to you. Take the Humulin PWO only, after you inject take 50grams protein and 20 grams of glutamine with your carbs, then after your second shake repeat the protein glutamine combo, if you utilize creatine take it 15 minutes after either shake.

Ok so heres another question...

Whats the downside to the carbs? I notice people take what they need to avoid hypo, and some try to take as little as possible, just enough to avoid hypo.

Whats the downside to the simple carbs that keeps people from taking a hearty, more-than-needed amount?

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2wire
    Ok so heres another question...

Whats the downside to the carbs? I notice people take what they need to avoid hypo, and some try to take as little as possible, just enough to avoid hypo.

Whats the downside to the simple carbs that keeps people from taking a hearty, more-than-needed amount?
    Too many carbs will be stored as fat.

Oh. Crap. So there is a fine line there....

So when people say take in 10g carbs after the injection, theyre talking about fast carbs right?

So a shake like "CountDown" that has alot of fast carbs and whey would be the best choice...

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2wire
    Oh. Crap. So there is a fine line there....

So when people say take in 10g carbs after the injection, theyre talking about fast carbs right?

So a shake like "CountDown" that has alot of fast carbs and whey would be the best choice...
    Yes, dextrose is optimal. I can go as low as 6 grams dexrose per IU, but I wouldn't advise that until you've done it for a little while.

I'm scared to mess with slin. I've actually held it off for some time. I have some in the my fridge just havn't had the balls to get to it yet.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    If you know what you are doing, what insulin does to you, and most importantly... what to do in certain situations there should should be no issues. Limit your carbohydrate intake to the point where you have just enough carbs to keep you out of hypo and you will be fine.

Getting a BG monitor can help you fine tune your diet. A great and inexepensive little tool.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by wilthepill123
    Humulin-R huh? Thats pretty easy to deal with. The two forms of insulin used for our purposes are Humalog and Humulin. Humalog has an active life of 2 hours, but thats not important for you. Humulin-R has an active life of 4 hours. Immediately after injection take your carbohydrates. Then, at the 2 hour mark (when your humulin peaks) post injection have another shake with the same amount of carbs. Focus hard on how you are feeling and become knowledgeable on the signs of hypoglycemia. If you notice symptoms, have a mountain dew or something, it should make you feel better, or get some glucose tabs, its up to you. Take the Humulin PWO only, after you inject take 50grams protein and 20 grams of glutamine with your carbs, then after your second shake repeat the protein glutamine combo, if you utilize creatine take it 15 minutes after either shake.
    Hey bro, what's up? Hope you don't mind me doing a few corrections regards to your post.

Humalog's active life is 4hrs (sub-q) and around 2.5hrs (IM).

Humalin R's active life is 6 - 8hrs (Sub-Q) and around 4.5hrs (IM).

Now, as for taking Humalin R PWO only...
    People, I think we are forgetting something here, something very important. Not all insulins are taken PWO, it depends on their on-set times. Humalog onset time is 15 min (sub-q) therefore it should be taken PWO because 15 PWO insulin will start doing what its supposed to be doing. We all know this.

However, Humalin-R has an onset time of 30 min, therefore it should be taken 15 min prior finishing training, so 15 PWO insulin will start doing what it supposed to do (like humalog). This is one reason why Humalin R is a hassle to use, because you have to carefully time 15 min before you finish training to have your shot. Also, the active life is long therefore is a hassle as you must watch your nutrient intake for too long.

It's all about timing when the insulin starts to work. And if it takes too long (like Humalin R), then we must take it just before we finish training, so when we do finish training it starts to work soon after that.

Hope that made sense.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 04-08-2005 at 03:31 PM.

HumanPerfection1 is offline Associate Member
    Ive done it, i will never use insulin again i did the 10g of carbs for every iu and still had problems, make sure also ur not going to sleep for atleast 5-6 hrs and u pyramid up...

HumanPerfection1 is offline Associate Member
    honestly the bodybuilders i hang out with all use humalin R 30 before their workout ends, I had bad experiences and rather stick to Gh and test

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Hey bro, what's up? Hope you don't mind me doing a few corrections regards to your post.

Humalog's active life is 4hrs (sub-q) and around 2.5hrs (IM).

Humalin R's active life is 6 - 8hrs (Sub-Q) and around 4.5hrs (IM).

Now, as for taking Humalin R PWO only...
    People, I think we are forgetting something here, something very important. Not all insulins are taken PWO, it depends on their on-set times. Humalog onset time is 15 min (sub-q) therefore it should be taken PWO because 15 PWO insulin will start doing what its supposed to be doing. We all know this.

However, Humalin-R has an onset time of 30 min, therefore it should be taken 15 min prior finishing training, so 15 PWO insulin will start doing what it supposed to do (like humalog). This is one reason why Humalin R is a hassle to use, because you have to carefully time 15 min before you finish training to have your shot. Also, the active life is long therefore is a hassle as you must watch your nutrient intake for too long.

It's all about timing when the insulin starts to work. And if it takes too long (like Humalin R), then we must take it just before we finish training, so when we do finish training it starts to work soon after that.

Hope that made sense.

-Gear

Thanks for the correction, sorry i didnt specify that I meant the active life was IM, and I always round down to the hour, bad habit.

Thanks for the correction, sorry i didnt specify that I meant the active life was IM, and I always round down to the hour, bad habit.
    I sometimes have the same habbit. All good bro.

-Gear

superchump is offline Junior Member
    had some good results here with 7-10 ius in the middle of my workout so i get the insulin hit when my workouts finished as opposed to an hour after im done. i sip juice after the shot, maybe some bread until my workouts done then i take in about 100 grams carbs. i think this way is better then using pwo because the timing is way off even with the fastest insulin

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    or novolog which is even a little quicker acting then humalog

Novolog seems to be a little stronger than Humalog, so be carefull with the doses. Novolog 10IU can feel like Humalog 13IU or 15IU, but I know that Novolog is defenitly a little stronger as well as faster acting. Just though I might add that part in for the people that are switching from H-log to N-log. I am looking at trying N-log myself to see if there is any differences.

-Gear

joevette is offline Banned
    I've been using humalog a pretty good bit this last year and the only time I have problems is when I use it in conjuction with other compounds like IGF-1 LR3, PGF2-A, clen /T3, or DNP . I only have a problem once or twice while I'm trying to get the lowest grams of dex per iu worked out and after that I have no problems.

Do they sell novolog in the US and Canada. Can you get it without a script in either country?

Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    Do they sell novolog in the US and Canada. Can you get it without a script in either country?
    I wouldn't know as I am not from US or Canada. I'm sure someone on here knows.

Isn't there a site you guys can go to that will tell you all the controled substances in your country and prescribed medicines? I am sure you would have something like that. I only ask this because in Aus we do, thought use might too.

Good luck.

-Gear

Thread Information