Carth is offline Associate Member

Is this how things are supposed to happen?

When I'm on a bulking cycle. All I eat are high carb meals that contain high glycemic carbs. For example...white rice, potatos, pasta, bread, maltodextrin and dextrose. And I notice that when I do eat these foods, my blood sugar goes up to around 100 and then drops down within an hour or two to around 75.

Is this what is supposed to happen while eating foods like this????

And now that I'm eating low carb/low glycemic carbs. For example....sweet potatos, apples, brown rice, oatmeal. I notice that my blood sugar stays up between 80-90 all the time.

Is this what is supposed to happen while I'm eating low glycemic foods?

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    I think this is supposed to be in the diet forum.

I asked this question here because it is in regards to insulin and blood glucose levels.

OH GUYS!!! Be aware that I'm up to 4 ius of GH per day now. And have been for 2 weeks so far. Don't know if that will affect anything.

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carth
    I asked this question here because it is in regards to insulin and blood glucose levels.

OH GUYS!!! Be aware that I'm up to 4 ius of GH per day now. And have been for 2 weeks so far. Don't know if that will affect anything.
    OOh well it did not say that in your thread so just thought it was just a regular diet question. And I don't really no the answer never done slin so you should bmp for an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Carth
    When I'm on a bulking cycle. All I eat are high carb meals that contain high glycemic carbs. For example...white rice, potatos, pasta, bread, maltodextrin and dextrose. And I notice that when I do eat these foods, my blood sugar goes up to around 100 and then drops down within an hour or two to around 75.

Is this what is supposed to happen while eating foods like this????

And now that I'm eating low carb/low glycemic carbs. For example....sweet potatos, apples, brown rice, oatmeal. I notice that my blood sugar stays up between 80-90 all the time.

Is this what is supposed to happen while I'm eating low glycemic foods?
    Your changes in blood sugar whan eating foods with different GI's seems very normal-but I do not claim to be an expert.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes, that is what is basically happens. High GI carbs raises bg and can give insulin spiking which is both a positive and can be a negative depending on timing. Low GI tends to keep blood sugar levels stable. More importantly, is the foods Glycemic Load or GL which takes into account the affect of both protein and fat intake how it slows the absorbtion of carbs thus keeping bg steady.

Blue Thunder to the rescue!

Thread Information