whitehulk is offline Banned

GH and getting taller?

ok ive heard that HGH makes your bones grow and will make you taller. ive never taken it so thats why im asking all you that have, did you get any taller or have any wierd side effects like longer toes or fingers or cave man fore head? also how does it make new muscle cells that are not their all of a sudden appear and make new ones. ive always been told that you can never have more muscle cells than you were born with, so how can all of you tell if your growing new cells?

darmadoc is offline Member
    Bones don't really grow, per se. Cartilage grows and is then turned into bone. Once you have completed your normal growth, growth hormone will have no effect on your bone length. As to the issue of increased muscle fibers, I'll leave that to someone with more knowledge than I.

kingof516 is offline Associate Member
    once your plates are fused together no more growth will occur. Around 25, that is why so many people say to not try it till that age group.

LL08 is offline Member
    yeah growth plates or epiphyseals can close between 19-24 on average. 25 would definitely be safe, if you are going to use it between 19-24 make sure you get a scan to see if your growth plates are closed, the order they close is something in the order of arms, legs, then spine. As for the extra fibers, I'm not sure I can explain it that well but HGh stimulates the release of igf-1. Igf-1 stimulates the activation of hyperplasia or multiplication of muscle cells through the means of satelite cells where new cells stem from old cells. this is a very rouch explanation but i hope it helps. cheers

LL

LL08 is offline Member
    IGF has the ability to cause hyperplasia, which is the actual splitting of cells. Hypertrophy is what occurs during weight training and steroid use , it is simply an increase in the size of muscle cells. See, after puberty you have a set number of muscle cells, and all you are able to do is increase the size of these muscle cells, you don't actually gain more. But, with IGF use you are able to cause this hyperplasia which actually increases the number of muscle cells present in the tissue, and through weight training and steroid usage you are able to mature these new cells, in other words make them grow and become stronger. So in a way IGF can actually change your genetic capabilities in terms of muscle tissue and cell count. IGF proliferates and differentiates the number of types of cells present. At a genetic level it has the potential to alter an individuals capacity to build superior muscle density and size.

PunyKid is offline New Member

Wouldn't You WANT To Take It Before Your Plates Close?

Wouldn't you want to take it before your plates close? I mean if you want to grow taller. So, why are yall saying wait until after your plates close?

bump

Thread Information